HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Aug 5, 2017, 9:37 PM

I still know a couple people from when I worked at the Century 16 movie theater in South Salt Lake and when I went to a movie recently and got to talk to them, they said that they were approved to get a complete reconstruction to install a new concessions stand and recliner seating like in Sugarhouse. They said business there hasn't been good for the last couple of years, impossible to compete without at least some recliner seating anymore.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2017, 12:09 PM

After Arts Festival partners roll up sleeves to plan arts and culture district

Nan Chalat Noaker - The Park Record http://www.parkrecord.com/news/park-...ture-district/

...Last month Park City officials announced plans to purchase a 5.25-acre parcel along Kearns Boulevard with the intention of creating an arts and culture district featuring two of the town's most venerated cultural institutions: the Kimball Art Center and the Sundance Institute. According to an agreement enthusiastically ratified by the Park City Council in July, the Kimball and Sundance will each buy a parcel from the city to build their own facilities. The rest of the property will be developed by the city and will include retail spaces, affordable housing, parking and a transit hub.

The plan was hailed by the mayor of Park City as one of those "rare moments when the right people, the right place and the right reasons come together."

The proposed district also received wide support at a recent public meeting...

Kimball Art Center, Sundance Institute and city officials turn eyes toward Bonanza Park

A conceptual rendering of a possible configuration for a new Kimball Art Center facility and a new headquarters for the Sundance Institute at the proposed Bonanza Park site.
layout-desktop

Old Posted Aug 12, 2017, 6:54 PM

Quick Drive by

Old Posted Aug 13, 2017, 3:29 AM

I may have missed it before but does anyone know what is happening just North of 90th South and East of I-15?

Currently they are constructing a parking garage that looks to be 4 or 5 levels high already and are framing for at least another level.

There are lots of wooden forms behind what used to be a car dealership a bit further East as well. It looks like it will be a big project based on the parking garage and the staging area but I can't remember seeing what it is for.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2017, 11:24 PM

So I drove past it today and it is called Arcadia Apartments being developed by Wasatch Group. It will be 5 stories and have my guess is around 230units or so

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanskeUtahn View Post
So I drove past it today and it is called Arcadia Apartments being developed by Wasatch Group. It will be 5 stories and have my guess is around 230units or so
Was curious about this too. Sandy seems to be getting major infill on every empty parcel they have left. Three different apartment projects downtown, there's the Icon 9700 apartment development, the Ridge, Axio 8400, and now this.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 10:04 PM

moved

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 9:19 PM

This will keep some construction workers busy for a few years..

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/08/1...on-in-2020-br/

Officials break ground at site of new prison, which is set for completion in 2020

Quote:
The new prison will have up to 4,000 beds and cost an estimated $650 million. Construction is expected to be finished in the winter of 2020. Inmates from the current prison in Draper will move about a year later.
The groundbreaking also gave the public a preview of what inmates will experience there. The new site has views of the Wasatch, Oquirrh and Stansbury mountains. The site is on the edge of a nature preserve and pronghorns grazed a few hundred yards north of the ceremony.
The new prison also is on the flight path for the Salt Lake City Airport. Noises from jets sometimes challenged speakers at the microphone Wednesday.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
Was curious about this too. Sandy seems to be getting major infill on every empty parcel they have left. Three different apartment projects downtown, there's the Icon 9700 apartment development, the Ridge, Axio 8400, and now this.
Supposed to be a fourth, too, but the developers for the Prestige disappeared. Apparently the city approved the site plan over a year ago, but the developer never submitted building permit information, bonds, or fees for the site plan.

Speaking of downtown Sandy, here are some pics I took the other night:

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 6:27 PM

How is the traffic in Sandy? Today, I drove by on I-15 for the first time in a while and I was amazed at how much has been built. But it got me thinking about the infrastructure. A few years ago when I spent a decent amount of time in Sandy it was an absolute mess during rush hour. It took a very long time to get places. If you wanted to get on State Street, it took a good 15 minutes no matter where you were approaching from. Maybe my memory exaggerates how bad it was, but it by far was the worst traffic I've ever experienced along the Wasatch Front. With all these new apartments and office buildings, I can't imagine what is happening on the roads. Sandy doesn't have an ideal layout for density, and to my knowledge there have been no significant infrastructure improvements. Is there a plan to address that?

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 8:28 PM

I don't get down there much, but State Street is basically gridlock through Sandy at rush hour.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 11:03 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhero View Post
How is the traffic in Sandy? Today, I drove by on I-15 for the first time in a while and I was amazed at how much has been built. But it got me thinking about the infrastructure. A few years ago when I spent a decent amount of time in Sandy it was an absolute mess during rush hour. It took a very long time to get places. If you wanted to get on State Street, it took a good 15 minutes no matter where you were approaching from. Maybe my memory exaggerates how bad it was, but it by far was the worst traffic I've ever experienced along the Wasatch Front. With all these new apartments and office buildings, I can't imagine what is happening on the roads. Sandy doesn't have an ideal layout for density, and to my knowledge there have been no significant infrastructure improvements. Is there a plan to address that?
UDOT has been working on some of the road issues for the area with the widening of Monroe street west of city hall, as well as adding on Monroe street heading south to the mall. Right now crews are working at the on and off ramps at I-15 and 10600 south to make a off ramp that will go under 10600 south to Monroe street. That will help with the traffic issues on 10600 S. in front of the mall. Monroe street will soon be a major road that people can take to get to either the mall, the new theater or any other housing or office building in the area.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2017, 11:55 PM

New London Springs

New London Springs is a pre-construction phase commercial development project located in scenic Heber City, Utah. New London Spring’s prime location on Utah Highway 189 and beautiful natural surroundings are attracting the attention of major retail chains attempting to break into the growing Heber Valley market.

It won't be long until the Heber Valley gets filled with sprawl unfortunately.

http://theritchiegroup.com/index.php/other-assets/

Old Posted Sep 8, 2017, 11:09 PM

Old Posted Sep 16, 2017, 12:01 AM

Someone posted about the opportunity at the millcreek shopping center on 3300 s

Millcreek city is moving in to the space that used to be the thrift store, their TI should be finished by December.

While it's sad that something cool isn't going there, it's nice to see Millcreek city isn't blowing tax dollars to build a big marble stone city hall... yet.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2017, 4:44 PM

Not sure when it happened but the Toys R Us and Staples west of Valley fair mall has been demolished.

Replacing it is the WVC police headquarters. Also going in is a parking structure where the UTA park and ride lot sits.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2017, 10:37 PM

Looks like a 4 story medical office building is going up in Murray on the corner of Commerce Dr and 5100 S. Also across the street there is a large lot that has been graded and seems to be ready for some form of office building... Anyone know what is going there?

Old Posted Sep 17, 2017, 3:25 PM

West Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMK View Post
Not sure when it happened but the Toys R Us and Staples west of Valley fair mall has been demolished.

Replacing it is the WVC police headquarters. Also going in is a parking structure where the UTA park and ride lot sits.
The Armed Forces Recruiting Center isn't moving until January. The new Public Safety Building is up for bid, although the city hasn't publicly released renderings yet. Supposedly 3 stories, about $20 million.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhero View Post
That area of I-15 is around the worst in terms of congestion - not just because of Sandy but you have the sprawling South Jordan / West Jordan on the other side as well. And no belt-routes or any thing of the sort. Plus the bottleneck as you hit point of the mountain.

www.UtahProjects.info

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West