HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 7:26 PM
E pluribus unum

Seattle - Stupid Tourist Questions for a Day's Visit

Hello all,

My family and I are heading up to Seattle at the end of July for an Alaskan cruise. We're heading out a few days early because none of us have ever been to Seattle (the only place I've ever extensively been to in Washington State was Yakima 13 years ago and that wasn't necessarily for tourism) and want to check out a little bit of the city before we leave for our cruise.

We're staying at a hotel near the airport and were planning on using light rail and other public transportation options to get around. My parents want to see Pike Place and the Space Needle, but is there anything else we can/should fit into a day trip beyond that?

I'd like to head up to Kerry Park for some skyline shots but figured I could get up there with a cab or Uber/Lyft if no one else in my family is interested in participating. I don't believe that it's too far from the Space Needle?

Also, my mother has Celiac Disease, is there any restaurants around downtown or elsewhere that cater to people with gluten allergies worth checking out that won't bankrupt us?

I realize these are all horrifically banal tourist endeavors, but seeing as how none of my family have ever been there, I wanted to reach out to some locals for suggestions before we visit.

Any and all comments appreciated!

Old Posted Jun 13, 2016, 7:56 AM

Hmmmmm, have you thought about posting this on Seattle SSC, Seattle Coffee Shop? You'll get a ton of responses.

Pike Place and the Space Needle are obvious choices. Try the observation deck at the Columbia Tower and Kerry Park or views. Head up to the water tower at Volunteer Park for awesome views as well.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...57098&page=531

Last edited by Black Box; Jun 15, 2016 at 2:47 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West