HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 7:10 PM

This Kind of form is petty, and just displays peoples inadequacies. When I was young growing up in the shadow off Toronto we made up reasons to discredit Toronto, and its accomplishments, but then I grew up, and got over my self. I think it is time for others to do the same, you can make top 10's in your Provinces/city forms till your blue in the face, and not have to worry about Toronto.

But in Canada Toronto is king so get over it or MOVE!!!!

Grow up.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 7:26 PM

No one is denying that Toronto is king in skyscraper construction, but it is also fun to see what is happening elsewhere in Canada without having to individually visit every single province / city sub forum. It is actually an interesting exercise.

Also, why doesn't Toronto have its own sub section? This I have never figured out.

Because it is annoying on the flip side when the Canada section is used for such threads as "Mayor Rob Ford Ambushed by CBC" at the very least place such threads in the Ontario sub section, especially if you are going to get pissy over threads such as this one

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new age View Post
This Kind of form is petty, and just displays peoples inadequacies.
wow what a weird reaction, fine we are all inadequate and petty then. can we move on from this already. if you dont like this thread why are you posting in here??

can people stop clogging this thread up with BS.. Thanks

Last edited by osirisboy; Nov 6, 2011 at 7:49 PM.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 7:53 PM
ARTchitecture

Holy christ, what is everyone's problem?! Are we 12 fucking years old or something?

I'm probably one of the youngest people in this forum and know how to play nicer than you petty losers do. I created this list because other cities are NOT represented in the main Canada section. Toronto still has its popular "Canada's 10 tallest U/C" list and the tallest proposals. These developments on this list, however unremarkable, are interesting to some.

And no, it's not because I live in Vancouver. How immature do you have to be to bitch and complain about something like this? I grew up in Toronto and lived there until last year... trust me guys it's actually not the center of the world. There are other projects that people will like to see and know about. I'll be making a 25 proposals page as well too.

So get a life of some kind!

Thanks Rico, I'll edit the list with your new information.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 8:01 PM
Website Manager

wow, nice to see the list without Toronto in it.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 8:03 PM

Anyone know when can we expect to see Burrard Gateway hit this list? Totally looking forward to that awesome project.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 8:13 PM
ARTchitecture

It's still in the works. The auto dealerships at the site are still operational but they have started some soil testing on the side of the site opposite Burrard. I could see it starting some time in the second half of 2012.

Anyone else have any thoughts/insight about it?

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 8:19 PM

oh thats good to know they are doing soil testing. what do you mean by opposite of burrard?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
Anyone know when can we expect to see Burrard Gateway hit this list? Totally looking forward to that awesome project.
Same here, love the the finalized design.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 8:25 PM
ARTchitecture

Hornby Street is what I meant.

and I'm not absolutely certain if the soil testing has begun, but I did see some work going on in the parking lot behind the dealerships.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
...but it is also fun to see what is happening elsewhere in Canada without having to individually visit every single province / city sub forum. It is actually an interesting exercise.
Agreed. I don't have a problem with this thread at all, since the general top-10 threads are dominated by Toronto and area, and those who don't want to hear about it have to wade through page after page of photos of Four Seasons, Trump, et al.
Quote:
Also, why doesn't Toronto have its own sub section? This I have never figured out.
That is the $64,000 question. Makes zero sense, considering every other major city in the country has its own sub-forum. If Toronto had its own sub-forum, local forumers could post updates there and not bother the ROC with our developments.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 8:40 PM
gettin' rich!

Not enough Toronto forumers on this site:

Travis / caltrane / Steveve / Ramako / yyzr / whippersnapper / Tony / j will

Gresto / Andy6 / jetsbackincanada (does not live in TO) / maxman / rbt / Traynor (does not live in TO)

That's about all I can name off the top of my head

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 9:37 PM
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
1. The Bow (Calgary): 236m / 774ft
2. Hotel Georgia (Vancouver): 158m/ 517ft
3. Sovereign (Burnaby): 156m/ 512ft
4. Metroplace (Burnaby): 141m/ 463ft
5. Marriott Courtyard Hotel (Montreal): 136m/ 446ft
6. Altitude (Montreal): 124m/ 407ft
7. The Mark (Vancouver): 123m/ 404ft
8. The Pearl (Edmonton): 113m/ 370ft
9. Vantage (Burnaby): 111m/ 363ft
10. Complexe Jules Dallaire II (Quebec City): 110m/ 360ft

-topped out-
-excavating-

Y U Include buildings under excavation? They do not qualify for U/C status according to SSP's regulations.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 9:59 PM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post

Y U Include buildings under excavation? They do not qualify for U/C status according to SSP's regulations.
Yes they do. In the other lists they are included as under construction, why wouldn't they be in this one?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 10:04 PM
Give us a kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresto View Post
That is the $64,000 question. Makes zero sense, considering every other major city in the country has its own sub-forum. If Toronto had its own sub-forum, local forumers could post updates there and not bother the ROC with our developments.
actually montreal does not have one either. both montreal and toronto have rather large, succesful forums of their own (urbantoronto and mtlurb).
while urbantoronto seems like an okay place, mtlurb is a strange mix of nice, thoughtful individuals with a genuine interest in urban issues and complete douchebags. i wish mtl still had enough active forumers to warrant its own subsection here, but most of the contingent left years ago.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big T View Post
actually montreal does not have one either. both montreal and toronto have rather large, succesful forums of their own (urbantoronto and mtlurb).
while urbantoronto seems like an okay place, mtlurb is a strange mix of nice, thoughtful individuals with a genuine interest in urban issues and complete douchebags. i wish mtl still had enough active forumers to warrant its own subsection here, but most of the contingent left years ago.
MTL does have its own subsection on the Quebec page. And I have to agree with Metro-One, why does Toronto not have its own Subsection in the Ontario Page???? cause I don't give a shit what CBC did to Rob Ford.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
Not enough Toronto forumers on this site:

Travis / caltrane / Steveve / Ramako / yyzr / whippersnapper / Tony / j will

Gresto / Andy6 / jetsbackincanada (does not live in TO) / maxman / rbt / Traynor (does not live in TO)

That's about all I can name off the top of my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by big T
Ah, I was not aware of either of those things.

Still, I think both cities have active enough participants to warrant their own sub-forums.
Look, if people are complaining that Toronto is monopolizing certain threads, and I don't disagree with them, then that means certain Toronto forumers are very busy posting a lot of info about the multitude of T.O. projects (principally caltrane, steveve, and Travis007), hence warranting a forum devoted to Toronto.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big T View Post
Yes, but there is an actual thread at least for Montréal. Toronto, last I recall, has nothing. Even if Toronto has a low number of forumers, being a large and impressive city, I don't see why non Torontonians wouldn't take a gander at Toronto-specific threads once in a while.

MTLURB sounds similar to C2E. Many passionate and thoughtful folks, but also a lot of annoying people (not so much douches). That could be why there is still an adequate Edmonton following on SSP, as I know most like SSP for it's more sane discussions and less annoying people. I wonder why more from MTLURB (the thoughful folks with genuine interest you speak of) don't also get accounts on SSP to get away from that.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 11:08 PM

Given the relatively low number of Toronto forumers, I'm expecting that the original Top 10 U/C and Top 25 Proposal (Top 50 in actuality) threads will ultimately get buried in favour of the new non-GTA ones. Less work for me I guess.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 11:17 PM
gettin' rich!

Not so, I will always post to the top ten thread. I've been at it for almost 5 years now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada