HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 4:37 PM

The area in front of Sobeys @ Champlain is a retail space where stores go to fail. No traffic or visibility. Not a good idea at all. Starbucks should not go there.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Probably too far for those 1100 thirsty TD Bank employees to walk - that's about a half kilometer.

There are several vacant CRUs available which would be better positioned, especially the old Mexx Kids location right in front of the TD Corporate Offices............
No it wouldn't be too far to walk if you're a Starbucks customer. It's not that much farther away than the kiosk. However looking at the Champlain Place map, there's a vacancy just across from the kiosk next to the Body Shop. Maybe that would be the best location.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
No it wouldn't be too far to walk if you're a Starbucks customer. It's not that much farther away than the kiosk. However looking at the Champlain Place map, there's a vacancy just across from the kiosk next to the Body Shop. Maybe that would be the best location.

While looking on the site plans online, that's quite a big space (3,184sq.ft). This could be taken by a retailer instead. I don't see them splitting this space up for Starbucks and have all that extra space not being used. https://cfretailcadata.s3.amazonaws.com/Floor_Plan_Aug_6---5d4d8fc9b3601e05f990c478.pdf

Last edited by DyAm00394; Aug 16, 2019 at 6:51 PM.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 11:39 PM

First photo makes it look like the new Milestones Restaurant may be on the small size, based on the size of the excavation. However, second photo appears larger.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 11:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The parking is already there, so this entire building site will be all restaurant. Milestones will be plenty big...........

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
While looking on the site plans online, that's quite a big space (3,184sq.ft). This could be taken by a retailer instead. I don't see them splitting this space up for Starbucks and have all that extra space not being used. https://cfretailcadata.s3.amazonaws.com/Floor_Plan_Aug_6---5d4d8fc9b3601e05f990c478.pdf
3000+ sq. ft. would be huge. I was talking to the staff there again this morning. Apparently their business has increased substantially over the last several months. One issue is the limited space during the morning rush. The line-up can extend out into the mall. Also they have no "back room" for storage. They have to walk through the mall to their storage area when they need supplies. They did tell me that there's no concrete moving plans yet that they know of. But as they say, where there's smoke there's fire.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 6:10 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Alia N Tanjay - now open at CF Champlain.
Ernest - signage is now up at CF Champlain.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2019, 11:09 PM

Looks like Moncton Honda is finally done their building expansion. Would this be the largest Honda dealership in NB? Big inventory towards the west end parking lot, most are used vehicles.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Looks like Moncton Honda is finally done their building expansion. Would this be the largest Honda dealership in NB? Big inventory towards the west end parking lot, most are used vehicles.

This took a couple of years to complete. Not sure what the problem was.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 2:32 PM

That street on the left is Ivan Rand Drive which when connected, will go through the Junction development and come out on Vaughan Harvey. There is a large parcel of land there which used to be the auto haul-away location. I think I read that the Junction developer Vaughn MacLellan has purchased it.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 7:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is now an excavator on site at the Milestones construction site, doing initial site preparation.

And so it begins,

I'm more excited for this than almost anything else going on in the city now, even if this is a relatively small project compared to other currently ongoing. I love Milestones.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 3:05 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

VIRGIN MOBILE to Roll Out Over 100 New Concept Kiosks in Canada
https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...-canada-photos

I'm sure this will include CF Champlain.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
VIRGIN MOBILE to Roll Out Over 100 New Concept Kiosks in Canada
https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...-canada-photos

I'm sure this will include CF Champlain.
I believe it will.

Because McAllister Place is getting it. (According to an application for a permit, that was sent to the city a while back).

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 11:28 AM

Were is this going again?

Quote:
There is now an excavator on site at the Milestones construction site, doing initial site preparation.

And so it begins,

I'm more excited for this than almost anything else going on in the city now, even if this is a relatively small project compared to other currently ongoing. I love Milestones.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 11:36 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Home Depot parking lot.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 11:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Showcase is planning on revamping their retail locations.

We have one at CF Champlain, so I expect to see this new concept here within the next year.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2019, 3:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Foundation work has begun for the new Milestones. Now that they have started construction, they aren't wasting much time........

Old Posted Aug 25, 2019, 1:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Mountain Warehouse is coming to the old Sears space at McAllister Place in SJ, and there are rumours that JYSK is coming too.

These are both retailers that I could see coming to the Granite Centre in the next phase of it's development, or potentially to a redevelopment of Wheeler Park where Costco is (or Kent if it moves).

JYSK had two stores in HRM, but they quickly abandoned the market when IKEA opened. Since Moncton is too small for a full fledged IKEA, it is possible that JYSK might consider us.

Mountain Warehouse is a UK brand, expanding rapidly in Canada. It is a relatively small format store. There is a little overlap with BPS, but they have more of a focus on hiking and camping. I have a feeling that the presence of a BPS would not preclude Mountain Warehouse opening here.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2019, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Mountain Warehouse is coming to the old Sears space at McAllister Place in SJ, and there are rumours that JYSK is coming too.

These are both retailers that I could see coming to the Granite Centre in the next phase of it's development, or potentially to a redevelopment of Wheeler Park where Costco is (or Kent if it moves).

JYSK had two stores in HRM, but they quickly abandoned the market when IKEA opened. Since Moncton is too small for a full fledged IKEA, it is possible that JYSK might consider us.

Mountain Warehouse is a UK brand, expanding rapidly in Canada. It is a relatively small format store. There is a little overlap with BPS, but they have more of a focus on hiking and camping. I have a feeling that the presence of a BPS would not preclude Mountain Warehouse opening here.

Also, I believe Mountain Warehouse isn't for the former Sears. I believe it's going into a vacant spot in the mall (next to Envy). Since, there is already a permit for tenant fit-up that was approved by the city. (And I think that type of application for a permit pops up when the space is ready to be "fitted up"). Plus there is already job listings for Store Manager and Assistant Manager. As well as the job listings saying "new store - opening soon". So overall, I don't think this is for the former Sears, because I feel like it's a bit too early for them to be advertising these job listings if it's going there.

For the former Sears it's suspected to be:
  • The Brick
  • Mark's
  • Sephora
  • Urban Planet
  • JYSK
Also: Labels (going in the former Payless), Kurves Brow Bar (probably going to be a kiosk like in Regent), and House of Chan (going in the vacant food court spot) is also coming to the mall.

Anyway, I could see Mountain Warehouse and JYSK be possible for Moncton as well. (Maybe after SJ ones are established). So maybe they will be in Moncton in 2020 or 2021?

Old Posted Aug 25, 2019, 2:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
Anyway, I could see Mountain Warehouse and JYSK be possible for Moncton as well. (Maybe after SJ ones are established). So maybe they will be in Moncton in 2020 or 2021?
I wouldn't expect either store (if they are coming to Moncton) to arrive before late 2020 or 2021 anyway. The infrastructure has to be built first.

There are however a few vacant storefronts where Mountain Warehouse could set up in more immediately (like the old Wicker Emporium in the Mapleton Centre).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces