HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 5:35 PM
Abiogenesis

I think we all can accept that LA has made great strides in the last 5-10 years. The amount of development is surreal, and a lot of top-quality designs are coming out and rising. Which is heading in the right direction.

Whats needed is more development. Really to alleviate the housing crisis. I'd like to see this sped up, but change takes time. I just hope the needed zoning and political push to build housing is accelerated.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:31 PM

if this was a city up north id hate it but your not destroying a lot of nature down there with huge cities. also its good for the homeless, many homeless people die up here from the cold.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I think we all can accept that LA has made great strides in the last 5-10 years. The amount of development is surreal, and a lot of top-quality designs are coming out and rising. Which is heading in the right direction.

Whats needed is more development. Really to alleviate the housing crisis. I'd like to see this sped up, but change takes time. I just hope the needed zoning and political push to build housing is accelerated.
I live in DTLA and more specifically in South Park. The amount of construction here in South Park is very similar to LIC which isn’t too far from you. The neighborhoods are fairly similar in that both are changing rapidly. Buildings in LIC are taller, but we may have more apartments under construction. But we could still handle more and it appears to be coming. Even even half of what’s proposed gets built DTLA and South Park are going to be very different places in 5-10 years.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions