HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Dec 15, 2007, 7:36 AM

looks liek a giant e-penis.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Mind View Post
looks liek a giant e-penis.
more like a huge vibrator, gives an all new meaning to the next phrase: you like the screw

Old Posted Jan 9, 2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
Outside this board who cares about the skyline? While our skyline might be what you call boring, as could Venices, Romes, Athens due to a lack of heighta as could countless other european cities, I would wager the atmosphere/liviablity and even density is better then in the Chicagos of the world. I find it funny how the same people that complain about no need for 3000sqft houses and SUVs are the the same ones calling for 800-1000ft towers.
Those cities were all designed (and built out) hundreds if not THOUSANDS of years ago, when building taller was an impossibility, and the made mode of transportation was some form of an animal, hence a grid system in some spots is just a few feet wide, which in no way shape or form could support the extra density that would come with larger structures. Not to mention, those cities have structures the caliber of the Coliseum, St Peter's Basilica, the Parthenon, which any building in Vancouver doesn't even come close to matching in terms of importance. Also, at least Rome if not the others have laws which forbid the construction of buildings which in any way could take away from there worldly treasured structures.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues