HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Plaza Two at King George Hub in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 29, 2010, 12:27 AM

Thanks for pointing that out; I missed it on my first run through. Here's what the note says:

"The proposed BASIC Road Network Concept is the BASIC road network for City Centre and does not show the finer-grained road network required to create these urban-sized blocks of 80-100 metres. As a result, it is expected that developments, where required, will dedicate additional road and lanes in addition to the roads and lanes shown on the Basic Road Network Concept."

It is developments like the one in question that should be instrumental in developing this "finer-grained road network."

Old Posted Oct 29, 2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff's two cents View Post
Thanks for pointing that out; I missed it on my first run through. Here's what the note says:

"The proposed BASIC Road Network Concept is the BASIC road network for City Centre and does not show the finer-grained road network required to create these urban-sized blocks of 80-100 metres. As a result, it is expected that developments, where required, will dedicate additional road and lanes in addition to the roads and lanes shown on the Basic Road Network Concept."

It is developments like the one in question that should be instrumental in developing this "finer-grained road network."
Yup in fact the engineering department has mentioned 60-70m grids even at the transportation class that they are putting on.

You should look at this presentation from the class: http://www.surrey.ca/files/SFU_CoS_T...lefontaine.pdf

http://www.surrey.ca/city-government/7277.aspx

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 5:38 PM

Secretly sponsored by Sony.

But seriously, I love it.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
I agree with the above post. The above style is sorely lacking in our region. It provides a density on par with most towers but provides a vastly superior urban realm.
Not completely positive that this is the appropriate location for a medical tower probably better for general office, but hope someone that knows Surrey better can comment on that.
It makes sense based on the current city plans. You're less than 1 block from Surrey Memorial Hospital arguably one of the largest in the region and the 'general hospital' for the Fraser Highway undergoing major renovation. Surrey also has designated that area as the "Hospital District" though arguably it is right on the edge. I believe they want to move medical services from the building(s) across the street so that those areas can be better redeveloped. Shuffle to new building across street, tear down old 50 year old buildings, redesign and build better towers/office space.

So area wise it fits. Not to mention with a restaurant you're replacing the Knight n Day so that people in the area have a place to go to. The Surrey and Burnaby/Fraser tax offices are right there and employ a lot of people not mentioning the Hospital so having a restaurant component still makes sense. Hope it isn't a Knight n Day though.

As for design everyone else is talking about, I dunno looks fine to me.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2010, 12:53 AM

any ideas on if and when they will break ground on this?

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 12:07 PM

So i messaged them to find out whats going on with this. they are currently in the leasing stage. They really are set on getting this built though so thats a plus.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley