HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 11:54 PM

I'd presume they want those bigger panels on the base to reduce the future pollution coming out from the future space? To protect the historical buildings maybe?

Old Posted Mar 23, 2024, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizative View Post
You mean like the Laurel on 19th & Walnut? If so, I believe it's a mistake. Why be suspended by the architectural character of the neighborhood? For aesthetic uniformity? The Laurel could have been so much more with the previous offered designs but now it appears to be a spin off of the Rittenhouse Hotel across the street, using similar materials. Why can't Philadelphia enjoy the modernization of new materials and design, something that exudes 2024? That's the beauty and character of an old city, a mix of the old and new. I like what's being offered, wish it was about 700 feet so we can see it from a distance.
The answer to all of your questions lies in the fact that we were robbed of two historic buildings standing on this site by Toll Bros.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals