HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Nov 22, 2017, 5:33 AM

The sellers listed the property to the husband's (seller) father in law (relator)with another realty company. There is no fiduciary duty to the sellers at all from the buyer realtor as the seller had their own realtor, just happen the buyers also relators and they represented themselves. The sellers were notified and agreed before they signed the contract of sale. The relator told the sellers this buying is for investment only. Just happy the market go up everyday. The fact is one floor up on the same unit and same building just sold more than $100,000 after one month of the realtor completed the deal. The buyer can sell the property after they completed the deal as it reached the investment purpose and there no time limit as how long they have to hold before they can sell. This is totally injustice to the buyer and relators.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 8:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchan View Post
The sellers listed the property to the husband's (seller) father in law (relator)with another realty company. There is no fiduciary duty to the sellers at all from the buyer realtor as the seller had their own realtor, just happen the buyers also relators and they represented themselves. The sellers were notified and agreed before they signed the contract of sale. The relator told the sellers this buying is for investment only. Just happy the market go up everyday. The fact is one floor up on the same unit and same building just sold more than $100,000 after one month of the realtor completed the deal. The buyer can sell the property after they completed the deal as it reached the investment purpose and there no time limit as how long they have to hold before they can sell. This is totally injustice to the buyer and relators.
Being licensed but not a realtor when I first read this article I agreed. But if its the buyer who is also a realtor that makes the purchase that should be allowed ...its a free market. If this is the situation then that judgement is ridiculous, if I buy something its fair game if I resell it later.

This actually explains a lot since the Real Estate Council is very restrictive and theres no way the sellers realtor could purchase and flip without losing their license.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 7:30 PM

e

Last edited by strathunter; Jul 13, 2021 at 11:21 PM.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 5:41 PM

I wonder if they'll ever take away licenses..

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclark View Post
I wonder if they'll ever take away licenses..
Suspensions certainly exist, and sometimes licensees give their licenses up rather than go through a disciplinary process.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia