HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Mar 30, 2015, 3:22 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66days View Post
Any updates on Commonwealth Gardens or Delta?
An update from November...

Video Link

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted May 28, 2015, 10:11 PM
BANNED

Paris? Yup

New York City? Absolutely

Hong Kong? You bet

Shanghai? Of course

Chicago? Uh huh

Prince George? What the FUCK?!?!

There are some cities you expect to make architectural headlines but PG ain't one of them so congrats on showing off your big woody to the world.

Last edited by Phil McAvity; Jun 2, 2015 at 6:27 AM.

Old Posted May 6, 2016, 5:21 AM

Target at pine Centre mall is turning into a Lowe's a lot of external construction was done to create an outdoor yard area

Old Posted May 18, 2016, 4:07 AM

Does anyone have any updated news on the proposed hotel downtown that they had started the foundation work on? I keep hearing rumours that something could be starting but I can't find any info. Thanks.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2016, 6:49 AM

The new hotel will be developed by a Utah Company. The hotel will be a 175 Marriott Courtyard. I have heard that tendering for contracts etc is underway.

I would assume that project updates would be provided here.

http://pegdevelopment.com/hospitality/

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 2:49 AM

Thanks for the info! I don't mind the look, but it is sure different from the 12 story proposal from a few years ago

Old Posted Jul 24, 2016, 10:44 PM

Just saw more info on the new hotel and it does look like it is FINALLY going to get going
http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/n...site-1.2308319

Old Posted Mar 25, 2017, 7:37 PM
BANNED

There seems to be two different renderings for this hotel, one showing it 4 stories and the other showing a 6 story section. Thankfully the building will include the 6 story section. Here's a shot in the citizen from the first of the month:

Last edited by Phil McAvity; Mar 25, 2017 at 7:57 PM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 12:29 AM

Is there a photo of downtown Prince George? skyline?

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 2:57 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to list a few of the major projects that are currently happening or planned for PG. The last couple of years have been really busy:

1) Connaught motor (15th and Victoria) has been sold and new owners are spending 1.5 million to bring it back to life. The new owners also have an application into city hall to build a 95 room hotel at the corner of 6th and Quebec.
2) Courtyard Marriott's new hotel is set to open in May. This hotel will have 174 rooms
3) Pomeroy Hotels is also building a new hotel near the corner of 16 / 97. Not sure what opening date is set for
4) Best Western is set to open soon at 3387 Highway 16 west. This used to be the site of College Heights motel
5) The four seasons pool downtown will be replaced (new location is the current Day's Inn Hotel, which is being torn down) as voted by on last fall's referendum, as well as a new fire hall #1 which will be built on Massey Drive near the YMCA. Fire hall is expected to open by 2020
6) 151 condo units are being built downtown between city hall and the Keg. This is a phased development and first phase will be the underground parking structure.
7) UNBC is building a Forestry Lab downtown adjacent to the Wood Innovation design center

Busy days for Prince George. Hopefully I can add photos soon. Anyone have any other news they can share?

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 4:42 AM
Rational urbanist

Thanks for the update! Always interesting to hear what's happening there.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 8:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishpet1 View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to list a few of the major projects that are currently happening or planned for PG. The last couple of years have been really busy:

1) Connaught motor (15th and Victoria) has been sold and new owners are spending 1.5 million to bring it back to life. The new owners also have an application into city hall to build a 95 room hotel at the corner of 6th and Quebec.
2) Courtyard Marriott's new hotel is set to open in May. This hotel will have 174 rooms
3) Pomeroy Hotels is also building a new hotel near the corner of 16 / 97. Not sure what opening date is set for
4) Best Western is set to open soon at 3387 Highway 16 west. This used to be the site of College Heights motel
5) The four seasons pool downtown will be replaced (new location is the current Day's Inn Hotel, which is being torn down) as voted by on last fall's referendum, as well as a new fire hall #1 which will be built on Massey Drive near the YMCA. Fire hall is expected to open by 2020
6) 151 condo units are being built downtown between city hall and the Keg. This is a phased development and first phase will be the underground parking structure.
7) UNBC is building a Forestry Lab downtown adjacent to the Wood Innovation design center

Busy days for Prince George. Hopefully I can add photos soon. Anyone have any other news they can share?
Thanks for the update I would love to see some photos.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 1:43 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing your photos! Thanks of the updates.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2018, 5:00 PM
BANNED

Everyone's looking forward to seeing pictures except there aren't a lot of members that live in PG to take them. Here's an old pic of the Courtyard Inn being built from the PG Citizen but the building that got my attention is the green and white building in the background because i've never seen it before:

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/n...ncil-1.6424568

The hotel is too sprawly, I wish they had made it 10-12 stories on a much smaller footprint. This is the most recent picture I could find of it from one of the companies that worked on it:

http://www.acrytecpanel.com/archive/2017/August

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McAvity View Post
Everyone's looking forward to seeing pictures except there aren't a lot of members that live in PG to take them. Here's an old pic of the Courtyard Inn being built from the PG Citizen but the building that got my attention is the green and white building in the background because i've never seen it before:

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/n...ncil-1.6424568

The hotel is too sprawly, I wish they had made it 10-12 stories on a much smaller footprint. This is the most recent picture I could find of it from one of the companies that worked on it:

http://www.acrytecpanel.com/archive/2017/August
The Green and white building in the background is the RBC building which was reclad in 2014. The building has been there since late 60's or early 70's when PG was going through it's major growth spurt

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicdevelopments View Post
Thanks for the update I would love to see some photos.
Here is a photo I took of the Best Western Hotel under construction in July/17. I will have to assume it is almost complete

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishpet1 View Post
Here is a photo I took of the Best Western Hotel under construction in July/17. I will have to assume it is almost complete

Took another trip up to PG this past weekend to get some updated photos. I was getting a bit frustrated not being able to get any info online. Here is the progress of the Best Western. Sure seems to take awhile to get certain things done

Also, here is how the Pomeroy Hotel at intersection of 97 / 16 is coming along. Sorry about the size of photos. Still learning. Thanks.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 4:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicdevelopments View Post
Is there a photo of downtown Prince George? skyline?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 4:08 AM

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
Prince George is definitely catching me by surprise .

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia