HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by typo86 View Post
Have you been to NO East?
I meant underdeveloped in terms of current development vs. potential for future development.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAandMagazine View Post
I meant underdeveloped in terms of current development vs. potential for future development.
Again, Have you been to NO East? Dwyer, Lake Forest, Downman...

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by typo86 View Post
Again, Have you been to NO East? Dwyer, Lake Forest, Downman...
Fine, you got me. I should've said "3 block stretch" of a street.

Last edited by LAandMagazine; Dec 17, 2012 at 7:24 PM.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 6:57 AM
-

Heard that a venue called Fulton Alley( a boutique bowling venue) is coming to fulton street on the bottom of one of Harrahs garages. Should be interesting!

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Heard that a venue called Fulton Alley( a boutique bowling venue) is coming to fulton street on the bottom of one of Harrahs garages. Should be interesting!
That would be pretty cool. There's still a large open retail space in the second garage so I assume that's where it will be.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 5:11 PM

Heard an Italian restaurant is going into the spot in the Fulton Place Garage building between Subway and Hertz. Don't know any details though. Construction has already begun.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 5:42 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaWave View Post
Heard an Italian restaurant is going into the spot in the Fulton Place Garage building between Subway and Hertz. Don't know any details though. Construction has already begun.
Sounded like there were several tenants going into that area. Its quite large so there are probably two or three more tenants that could go on there on top of the mentioned two. Sounds exciting even if it took longer than it should have to build this out! Good to see the Fulton Garage doing well too.

I so miss the citys permit database. It was supposed to go live in September and here we are three months later and nothing

Btw here is a link to all the street closures etc for the Superbowl.

http://downtownnola.com/news/detail/27914

Also some other news in the warehouse district:

The Fulton Garage retail: Italian place will be an upscale pizza joint , there will also be a burrito joint and a CC's Coffee in there.

840 tchoupitoulas street: The Bouche spot has been leased by the Wine Loft. Yes the original one is coming back!

PubliQ to Open on Freret St. this Month
Posted on December 12, 2012 by gnorealestatenews
CityBusiness reports that the owner of PubliQ House, a live music venue, expects to open in the next two weeks.

The new restaurant is located at 4528 Freret St., and is designed to be a more upscale venue featuring craft cocktails, over 40 draft beers and more than 100 bottled beer brands.

D.H. Holmes Apartments building is Poised for a Facelift
Posted on December 14, 2012 by gnorealestatenews
CityBusiness reports that the publicly owned D.H. Holmes Apartments building, which HRI Properties manages as a master lessee for the Canal Street Development Corp. is poised for an $8 million to $10 million facelift, pending necessary government approvals. Seven new ground-floor units fronting Dauphine and Bienville streets, a renovated lobby, a new front entrance and other improvements are in the works.

GW Fins and Deanie’s Seafood are currently located in the D.H. Holmes Apartment building.

http://gnorealestatenews.com/

Little Gem Saloon's Menu, Details, and All That Jazz

The CBD is about to get all jazzed up, people. The early haunt of Buddy Bolden and Jelly Roll Morton, Little Gem Saloon, is set to open before January at the corner Poydras and South Rampart streets after a $5 million dollar renovation of the historic building that's been vacant since the 1970's. The Times-Pic's Susan Langenhennig takes a look at their upcoming menu this week.

http://www.littlegemsaloon.com/

http://www.nola.com/dining/index.ssf..._serve_up.html

Last edited by tennis1400; Dec 17, 2012 at 8:14 PM.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 9:05 PM

Quote:

Also some other news in the warehouse district:

The Fulton Garage retail: Italian place will be an upscale pizza joint , there will also be a burrito joint and a CC's Coffee in there.

840 tchoupitoulas street: The Bouche spot has been leased by the Wine Loft. Yes the original one is coming back!
As a resident of the Warehouse District, this is all great news. Thanks for the info.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 11:20 PM

Am I the only one who's skeptical that the Loyola Streetcar will be done in time for the Super Bowl?

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
Am I the only one who's skeptical that the Loyola Streetcar will be done in time for the Super Bowl?

Nope!! You're not alone.........

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 1:17 AM
-

I was until about three weeks ago. They seemed to have finished all the subterranean work which was my biggest concern.

Retailers to Open on New Stores on the West Bank
Posted on December 18, 2012 by gnorealestatenews
The Times-Picayune reports that a 43,000 sf Dick’s Sporting Goods is opening at Oakwood Center in Terrytown, and the former A&P grocery store on Terry Parkway and Carol Sue Avenue is expected to become an expanded Walgreen’s.

Dick’s will open in the third quarter of 2013 in the former Mervyn’s wing at Oakwood Center, which has been closed since the 2005 storm. The opening will also inspire a $20 million facelift for a prominent wing of Oakwood that faces the West Bank Expressway.

Walgreen’s is proposing to tear down the old grocery store on Terry Parkway and replace it with a 17,000-square-foot building.

http://gnorealestatenews.com/

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 3:08 AM

Grand opening held for City Park's festival grounds, the new home of Voodoo

NEW ORLEANS -- It was a major milestone for City Park in New Orleans. Monday, the park held the grand opening of its new festival grounds.
The 50-acre space includes a one-mile path for walking, jogging and biking. There is also a large reunion shelter and state of the art fitness and exercise areas.
Officials said the addition will help the city in its rebirth as one of America's greatest city parks.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Grand-open...183873061.html

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 4:38 AM

Looks like to me all they need to do is test the streetcar line, repave Loyola, and clean up their construction stuff... maybe some landscaping. Not sure of the progress on Elk toward Canal.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 5:13 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamsalfl View Post
Looks like to me all they need to do is test the streetcar line, repave Loyola, and clean up their construction stuff... maybe some landscaping. Not sure of the progress on Elk toward Canal.
I noticed they were stripping the asphalt on Loyola today, so if they are doing this then they are close to finishing it! Looks like Calliope is almost done too

Good News for the Mayor and New Orleans:

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/News...183783601.html

Last edited by tennis1400; Dec 18, 2012 at 5:35 AM.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 6:13 AM

New Retail on Claiborne Ave

I see new retail going into the empty lot next to Family Dollar in the 2100 block of Claiborne. Someone on the street said a strip mall. I don't have high hopes about the quality of retail, but I was curious.

Any idea what's going in there?

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 1:22 PM

Quote:
I noticed they were stripping the asphalt on Loyola today, so if they are doing this then they are close to finishing it! Looks like Calliope is almost done too

Good News for the Mayor and New Orleans:

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/News...183783601.html
Everything you posted is GREAT NEWS!!!!

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 4:07 PM
TL;DR

Anyone seen the new streetcar shelters on Loyola? They're almost finished; looks like they will have flatscreen monitors and a really slick acrylic ceiling. This is exactly the kind of bold modern stuff the streetcar system needs. Now if only we can get some modern streetcars...

Video Link

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 5:39 PM
-

Its a start for sure and I do love the modern look.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 11:44 PM

Good News for Bayou St. John

Good news, the removal of the old lock on Bayou St. John has begun, and soon oxygen rich lake water will be entering the Bayou regularly! There will be a boom in water quality, underwater plants, fish, crabs, and maybe even an occasional dolphin.

http://www.nola.com/environment/inde...l#incart_river

Photo courtesy of T-P

Old Posted Dec 19, 2012, 12:43 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Anyone seen the new streetcar shelters on Loyola? They're almost finished; looks like they will have flatscreen monitors and a really slick acrylic ceiling. This is exactly the kind of bold modern stuff the streetcar system needs. Now if only we can get some modern streetcars...

Video Link

Keep it old fashioned, replace the rollback signs on trolley's with LED CGI signs.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations