HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 8:57 PM

MidTenn1,

If you have the time, I would like to see a mash up of what is under construction, but not the topped out buildings. Thanks for your work, it is informative.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2017, 3:20 AM
Nashville born and raised

Here you go. I don't know what you mean by topped out. The Marriot Tri brand and the JW Marriot are 'topped out' but a long ways from being finished.

I would expect two 40 story buildings, a 32, 30, 21 and a 19 story buildings to begin within the next 6 months.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2017, 2:15 PM

Site clearing in progress noticed

I noticed some heavy demolition of the storage facility at 6th & Lafayette/Division where the new Division extension has just opened. This is directly across from the proposed Stanza hotel site and very close to the proposed light rail station at the south end of the tunneled segment. Does anyone have any idea if anything of interest is being planned on this site? I can't imagine tearing the facilities down unless there is some eminent new construction proposal forthcoming.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2017, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronakim View Post
I noticed some heavy demolition of the storage facility at 6th & Lafayette/Division where the new Division extension has just opened. This is directly across from the proposed Stanza hotel site and very close to the proposed light rail station at the south end of the tunneled segment. Does anyone have any idea if anything of interest is being planned on this site? I can't imagine tearing the facilities down unless there is some eminent new construction proposal forthcoming.
What could go there? Anyone have any more info?

Old Posted Nov 1, 2017, 9:11 PM

You are probably talking about a new, 6 story, 242,000 sf storage facility to replace the existing facility.

From the TENNESSEAN...

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 1:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Here you go. I don't know what you mean by topped out. The Marriot Tri brand and the JW Marriot are 'topped out' but a long ways from being finished.

I would expect two 40 story buildings, a 32, 30, 21 and a 19 story buildings to begin within the next 6 months.
Thanks MidTenn1,

Have they done core drilling at the KVB roundabout? Besides the tw0 forties, that building is something I am rooting for.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 2:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
Thanks MidTenn1,

Have they done core drilling at the KVB roundabout? Besides the tw0 forties, that building is something I am rooting for.
No work that I'm aware of. According to their website....

Quote:
Mainland will commence work on One KVB this year.
Sounds incredibly optimistic, but they have at least one major tenant lined up, The Baker-Donaldson Law Firm, according to the Tennessean.

The building will be a nice structure stretching the skyline further south as I showed in my photoshopped version of a beautiful Newschannel5 copter cam picture (the stair-stepped roof building to the far right).

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 2:53 AM

Also, ..... a 20 story, 250 room Hyatt brand hotel is proposed for a lot on (not First Ave.) Second and Malloy.
More on that as soon as it is published in the newspaper. No renderings have been revealed. This was a well kept secret.

EDIT; Sorry for the confusion. The location was based on the information I had at the time.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Feb 12, 2018 at 2:29 AM. Reason: Corrected location

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 5:23 PM

And it gets crazier..hold on to your seats.

A 16 story office building in Midtown near the Music Row roundabout was revealed this morning (again no rendering). I will provide a link later.

And now........

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 5:25 PM
Future God

... and a 21 story boutique hotel in the gulch per nashville post!

http://www.nashvillepost.com/busines...rise-21-floors

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Also, ..... a 20 story, 250 room Hyatt brand hotel is proposed for a lot on First Ave. on the corner with Korean Veterans Blvd. across from Ascend Amphitheater.

More on that as soon as it is published in the newspaper. No renderings have been revealed. This was a well kept secret.

This will be a nice addition.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 5:29 PM

A 20 story hotel at 13th and McGavock in the Gulch was just revealed and it is awesome...!!!!

Links to news stories later. (Edit; BNA has the link above)

That's 74 floors of development announced in the last three days. If only they could get together and put them all in one building. But alas, we are Nashville! Density and infill but no height.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
No work that I'm aware of. According to their website....

Sounds incredibly optimistic, but they have at least one major tenant lined up, The Baker-Donaldson Law Firm, according to the Tennessean.

The building will be a nice structure stretching the skyline further south as I showed in my photoshopped version of a beautiful Newschannel5 copter cam picture (the stair-stepped roof building to the far right).

Awesome, looks like the tale of the original downtown and the new one on the right.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2017, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
Awesome, looks like the tale of the original downtown and the new one on the right.
And those two sections are going to fill-in quickly. Already 2 350-380' towers (34-story and 27-story) towers are under construction right beside the Renaissance Hotel, old convention center site at Broadway and 5th Avenue.

Closer to foreground along Broadway at 10th Avenue North, the 25-story Hyatt Regency in pre-construction demo phase and one block closer at Broadway and I-40 the 26-story Endeavor residential tower, also in demo phase.

In addition to those four towers, there is a proposed 21-story hotel just between the Endeavor, across Broadway at the I-40 access road. Plus, just between that hotel and the recently completed Capstar and Laurel mixed use 2-tower development, another proposal with 3 buildings of various heights from 18 to 34 stories of residential and mixed use.

Then the 32-story Embassy Suites tower which is going up just to the left of the elliptical glass JW Marriott hotel nearing completion in photo.

And so that photo will fill in rapidly to make the sections appear seamless from that perspective. There are also numerous 10-22 story buildings already well underway at the right far corner of the photo. And all that is without Alex Palmer's West End Summit which would be the "keystone" to bridge downtown and midtown. Something big will go on that site, just not anytime soon. Probably after he's dead and gone.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2017, 1:18 AM

Midtown to Downtown Nashville

I'm going to post this here because it is such a spectacular view of all of Nashville's skyline including Midtown. The picture shows all of Nashville's urbanity which lies in a much larger and more densely, urbanized footprint than it's population numbers would suggest.

Michael Davis, a long time poster on Urban Planet, took these pictures and posted on UP. Check out his Flikr account for more skyline pictures and incredible aircraft photos at www.flickr.com/perspectivephotography .

And the list of developments in midtown expanded with announcements of proposals for a 20 story apartment and a 16 story office building in the Taylortown neighborhood. (I came up with that name myself as it is named for the most famous celebrity in the neighborhood. I hope it becomes a thing.).

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Coming up next!!!

Anticipated announcements with renderings to be revealed in the next days, weeks.....A Ten story hotel, a twenty+ story office building and a thirty story office building.....

That is all I know right now..

Well, the teased 30 story building was the One KVB.

The 20 story office building has not been revealed yet although we have had several other projects in that size range announced recently.

And now, the 10 story building I referred to will actually be 12 stories as proposed the Graduate Hotel in MidTown near the Vanderbilt campus revealed the size (but no rendering) in a request to the city to seek a variance in parking requirements.

I think it will slow down for a while.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 7, 2017 at 6:40 PM.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2017, 1:05 PM

Metro Nashville Council approves funding of MLS Soccer Stadium.

All the boxes are checked now in it's application for one of four new franchises and it's up to the MLS now.

From the TENNESSEAN....

Quote:
In a major win for Nashville's Major League Soccer expansion hopes, the Metro Council on Tuesday night voted overwhelmingly to approve Mayor Megan Barry's financing plan for a new $275 million MLS stadium on the city's fairgrounds.

The council voted 31 to 6, with two abstentions, to sign off on a plan to issue $225 million in revenue bonds for the stadium project, giving Nashville's expansion bid a critical boost as it competes against 11 other cities for an MLS franchise.

The action could make Nashville one of two favorites, along with Sacramento, to land an MLS expansion team after lead team investor John Ingram has done what several rival cities haven't — secured financing for a new stadium built specifically for soccer.

Nashville soccer fans won't know the city's fate, and whether the stadium will be built, until MLS awards two expansion cities next month.
The stadium will have seating for 27,500 fans and be located on the City's Fairgrounds property about a mile and a half from downtown. Surrounding properties totaling 10 acres will be given to the team owners for a development providing hotels, retail and residential amenities. Light rail is planned to run by the stadium in the future.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 7:38 AM

The Kenect Apartments were announced earlier, but I prepared a card with a little more information. The project is in the the early approval stages.

It will be located in what I jokingly referred to earlier as Taylor Town named after the most famous resident of that neighborhood. It is a cluster of older, existing 10+ story residential buildings and 9 future buildings stretching from Vanderbilt to the Music Row roundabout. This is becoming a dense, urban area with a significant grouping of 200' to 300' tall buildings in Midtown, about a mile from downtown.

New mid-rise residential in the neighborhood now includes
  • 13/17 story Aertson Apartments/Hotel
  • 19 story Morris Apartments
  • 7 story Artisan Apartments
  • 19 story Adelicia Condos
  • 25 story Skyhouse Apartments
  • 19 story Element Apartments

Under Construction/Proposed include
  • 20 story Kenect Apartments
  • 10 story Spectrum Office Building
  • 14 story Virgin Hotel
  • 16 story office building

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 4:53 PM

This is a really good look at how One KVB Circle will impact the area around the MCC and with the downtown skyline in the background.

From the Tennessean.com

Because office towers generally have floor heights that are higher than residential and hotels, One KVB Circle will probably be taller then the other buildings in the area with a similar number of stories. Someone on UP stated that construction will begin this year. Given that MDHA hasn't given final approval that seems unlikely. But, if they are already working on permit paperwork in anticipation of approval, I guess it's possible if they are aggressive in get paperwork through.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 5:03 PM

Quote:

What are the two 40 story buildings you anticipate starting in the next 6 months? Are you referring to the announced project for 1st Ave South near the Shelby pedestrian bridge?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations