HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Aug 8, 2011, 1:50 AM

Awesome thread, one of few that I actually take the time to let it load and look at every individual picture, well worth it.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2011, 5:02 PM

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

I was just as pleasantly surprised as some of you with how intact many of Cleveland's historic buildings are. It seemed like a really liveable downtown, and hopefully more and more people choose to live there in the near future.

@Cirrus: I love that bridge as well. I've seen the same bridge elsewhere in other cities, but for some reason it looked better in Cleveland's setting. I couldn't believe how many bridges, and different bridge styles, crossed the river; I lost count.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2011, 2:21 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Dick View Post
Sounds like an idea for a thread!

There's a smaller, but similarly-styled, curvy 1939 art deco one in Erie, PA too... which is unique in that it's wedged into the middle of an 1850s block. But it hasn't been used as a bus station since the 1980s.

It was vacant and then a really seedy pool hall for years and it's now a surprisingly cavernous and very popular bar/dance club complex. They put some money into renovating the interior, but the exterior still needs to be fixed up.

Sorry that can't find a decent photo of it. Here's an old postcard:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/therealdevildoll/
dallas has one too -- actually they're all somewhat different and of the bunch so far i do like cle'z the best -- agree fun idea for a thread tho i cant believe it hasnt already been done?

Old Posted Aug 22, 2011, 6:05 PM

Cleveland has some real gems and it's one of the few US cities under 3 million that actually has a vibrant downtown after dark.
Another thing that struck me was not only how well preserved the city but all the cafes and how incredibly clean the streets and sidewalks look........great work Cleveland!
Cleveland is amongst the most under rated city in the US but that is definately starting to change. Cleveland's reputation is vasly improving and not just in NA. My cousin from England and his wife from Sweden {they live outside Stockholm} were well aware of Cleveland's reputation as the "Comeback City".
My other cousin in Ireland had also heard that Cleveland was a good example of urban renewal. Thing is none had even been to the city.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos