HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Oct 15, 2006, 3:16 PM
The Pedestrian

Hey g-man, great photos!

I have posted a few over in this thread, if you're interested in checking them out.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2006, 6:48 PM

Thanks, man. I took more pics of Fall for Greenville and will post them either later today or tomorrow.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2006, 2:46 AM

Thanks, man. Here is what happened to the Terrace at Riverplace during Fall for Greenville Friday night:

Old Posted Oct 16, 2006, 2:51 AM

Fall for Greenville 2006:

Last edited by g-man435; Oct 16, 2006 at 2:56 AM.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2006, 7:03 PM

Here are some updates and stuff-

New shopping center coming to Greenville to include Super Target. We at urbanplanet have known about this coming for at least a year now though. More info:
http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...INESS/61018009 SITE PLAN for shopping center:

I'll let you decide:

Jacob,

Regarding the Pinnacle-on-Main we are moving forward, ever so slowly. We have met with our engineers and City regarding grading permits. We have another meeting scheduled next week. The City has a new storm water policy, passed in September, regarding water quality which will require an additional water treatment facility which we want to incorporate with our storm water recycling and green roof system. We are spending the extra effort to have this building certified as LEED Silver. That is not easy or cheap but it would be the first high-rise in South Carolina to be LEED Certified, especially Silver, not to mention the energy efficiency and environmental quality. In fact, very few high rises achieve LEED certification. We want to start construction as soon as anyone, but we want to do it right. We have spent a lot of time and study to make this a signature building and we believe it will be worth the wait.

Thank you for your interest.

Bob Ellis

To: neighborhood association representatives, owners of property located within 150 feet of the following applications, registered email recipients
Subject: Upcoming Applications for the Design & Preservation Commission
Date: October 18, 2006

The City of Greenville Design & Preservation Commission (DPC) will hold a Public Hearing on Thursday, November 2, 2006, at 4:00 p.m. in the 1st floor meeting room at City Hall, for the purpose of considering the following applications:

CA 06-68 A request by the Johnston Design Group for approval of final materials and plaque design for the Sterling Square monument at the NW corner of W. Washington St. and N. Main St. in the Central Business District, Pedestrian Zone.

CA 06-139 A request by Matthew and Paula Williams to make exterior changes to and move an historic single-family house from 427 Rutherford Street to property at 310 Lloyd Street, in the Hampton-Pinckney Preservation Overlay District.

CA 06-110 A request by Tom Croft of The Croft Company to demolish existing structures and construct an eight-story condominium building at 121 Rhett Street in the Central Business District, Pedestrian Zone.

CA 06-135 A request by the Johnston Design Group make exterior alterations to an historic structure at 314 Lloyd Street, in the Hampton-Pinckney Preservation Overlay District.

CA 06-136 A request by Greenville Mechanical, LLC to install an exhaust fan at 101 E. Court Street, which is individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

CA 06-138 A request by Jason Smith to make changes to the building façade at 125 N. Main Street in the Central Business District, Pedestrian Zone.

CA 06-141 A request by Charles Lachanos to demolish an existing house and construct a nine-unit townhouse development at 236 Rhett Street in the Central Business District, Vehicular Zone.

CA 06-143 A request by Gable Stubbs of Neal Prince and Partners to construct a seven-story mixed-use building at 100 E. Washington Street in the Central Business District, Pedestrian Zone.

You may review documents relating to these applications before the public hearing. These documents are available in the Planning & Development Office on the 4th floor of City Hall, 206 South Main Street, Greenville, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Additionally you may call the Planning & Development Office at (864) 467-4476 for more information on these applications. You may speak for or against an application at the Public Hearing, where a total of five minutes will be allotted for all comments in support and a total of five minutes will be allotted for all comments in opposition. Additionally you may submit written comments prior to noon on the date of the meeting to Marie Faircloth, Planning & Development Office, P.O. Box 2207, Greenville, SC 29602, or by fax at (864) 467-5715, or by email at fairclm@greatergreenville.com. Please reference the application number on all correspondence.

Applications for Preliminary Comments may be accepted by the Design and Preservation Commission up to three days before any regular or special meeting, whether or not they are included on the published agenda for such meeting. A revised agenda will be posted at the meeting location at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.

In case your wondering, the eight story building Tom Croft proposed on Rhett St. was originally going to be 10 stories, but i'm guessing he made it two stories shorter to win approval by the DPC. It is going to be located right near Riverplace only about a block away. Here is a story on it from back in September: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...NESS/609080319

Also, the 7-story condo building proposed at 100 East Washington St. is the Bookends Phase II. Here is a story on this from earlier this month: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps...emplate=pdaart

Here is another email I just received from Bob Ellis. The question was whether the Pinnacle on Main was still going to start this month or not. Here is the answer:

That is a day to day item. We will have a better feel next week after meetings with City engineering, traffic and economic development.

-Bob Ellis

Last edited by g-man435; Oct 19, 2006 at 7:15 PM.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2006, 1:02 AM

Man, this thread really died. If I don't start seeing some posts on here soon, i'm going to stop posting news, pics, and other stuff like this. All were taken earlier today by me:

South Financial Headquarters. Construction is going to start at the end of the year on this:

Drury Inn and Suites:

They were hard at work today on the Verdae Development site. Taken from Verdae Blvd:

CU-ICAR:

Hubbell Lighting Headquarters:

Staybridge Suites at the Point:

Old Posted Oct 21, 2006, 2:07 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that the Shopping Center Group is going to release the new site plan for Magnolia Park Town Center on Monday. I heard it's bad ass from somebody who saw it at the Southeast Convention. If it's not posted on http://www.magnoliapark.com/ or the Shopping Center Group's website on Monday then i'll try to get a copy via email from the Shopping Center Group and post it on here. Either way, i'm going to post a copy of the new site plan on here Monday when it comes out if I can get a copy of it via email or the internet, which i'm sure i'll be able too.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2006, 12:51 PM

Whats up G-man :-)

Old Posted Oct 21, 2006, 5:58 PM

Thanks, erm. All pics taken today-

This sign has been put up next to the old memorial auditorium site:

Peacock Hotel and Spa site update. They are currently moving the water lines because they are right below the hotel site where they can't stay obviously. This was one of the steps needed to begin construction and one of the reasons construction has been delayed. The City of Greenville said the water line moving should begin after Fall for Greenville and they were right:

Last edited by g-man435; Oct 21, 2006 at 6:05 PM.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 5:26 PM

Its good to see something starting there though. Is this building LEED certified also like the pinnacle?

Old Posted Oct 23, 2006, 9:37 AM
Old Fart Forumer

Thanks for the pics and updates g-man. Don't get discouraged if there's not a bunch of replies. I don't get very many in my Ithaca thread either. Just keep an eye on the number of hits the thread gets. That means the info is still getting out there. Keep up the good work.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 1:53 AM

Thanks, man. Here is the new site plan for Magnolia Park Town Center, which I must say is very impressive: http://theshoppingcentergroup.com/DS...s/sp000630.pdf

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 2:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm1981
Its good to see something starting there though. Is this building LEED certified also like the pinnacle?
Good question Erm. I'm also still not sure though whether this work is to move the water lines for the Peacock Hotel and Spa or not. The reason i'm saying that is because the last time I was over there, I didn't see any dirt dug up from underneath the Peacock site where the water lines are. The dirt that was there was from where they dug up the road next to the site. Obviously, they would have to dig up part of the Peacock site to move the lines. I could be wrong though, because maybe they just shut off the old ones and put in new ones in a different place, because its easier and cheaper. Erm1981, do you or anybody else know how they do water line movement for a project like this and has anything else changed at the peacock site the last couple of days? Thanks.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 9:59 PM

Ill walk up there tomorrow on my lunch break and take a look. Im not really an expert on water lines but i suppose they put all the new ones in then route the water to those, while they shut the valves off to the old ones then take them out. It should not take them long to do this. they have already put hundreds of ft of water lines in at mcbee station in the past week. I saw them doing it the other day while we were working. Thanks for the pics. YOu need to come take some more pics of the publix.

-Evan

Old Posted Oct 26, 2006, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man435
Thanks, man. Here is the new site plan for Magnolia Park Town Center, which I must say is very impressive: http://theshoppingcentergroup.com/DS...s/sp000630.pdf
I see a Costco in there! It's ok for me to move to Greenville now.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2006, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm1981
Ill walk up there tomorrow on my lunch break and take a look. Im not really an expert on water lines but i suppose they put all the new ones in then route the water to those, while they shut the valves off to the old ones then take them out. It should not take them long to do this. they have already put hundreds of ft of water lines in at mcbee station in the past week. I saw them doing it the other day while we were working. Thanks for the pics. YOu need to come take some more pics of the publix.

-Evan
Erm, I have found out whether it is for the Peacock or not from the City of Greenville. I am happy to report that it is indeed for the Peacock Hotel and Spa water line movement. I've been really busy lately so I haven't had a chance to get down there and take some pics of the publix going up. Hopefully on Sunday i'll be able too. Here is an email about Magnolia Park Town Center-Residential portion:

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding Magnolia Park Town Center. Currently we are in the design phase on this project. There will be a two-story residential unit above retail, and behind that, an eight story residential tower with parking under this tower. Construction on this project is scheduled to begin in mid - late 2007, with a completion estimate in 2008. Pricing on these units has not been determined, as we are still working on the design phase.

-Spake Real Estate

Some other development news-

Walmart is looking to build another store in Greenville.
More information: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...28/1004/NEWS01

Shopping Center project near cemetary on Woodruff Rd. gets initial OK.
More information: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...09/1004/NEWS01

Old Posted Oct 30, 2006, 2:45 PM

Enjoy the thread

G-man,

Just wanted to reply to your frustration over the amount of responses. As one of the other users stated, there are probably several people who look at the thread but don't post comments. I bumped into this site through a Google search. I probably look at it every couple of weeks or so and enjoy your pictures and knowledge of what's going on. Keep it up. By the way, do you know anything about the condo project called The Camperdown and also the one called the Tower at Falls and Broad? Is that last one dead?

Old Posted Oct 30, 2006, 9:12 PM
The Pedestrian

Hi, Clairebear!

The Tower at Falls and Broad is officially dead, I am sad to say. Hopefully something similar in scope and size will be announced before long.

The Camperdown is really an interesting mystery. Within a few months back, it seemed to be near construction, but has sinced dropped off of the radar. I wouldn't count it out just yet. about a year ago, it seemed to be the most likely of the new tower announcements to actually be built.

The Peacock Hotel and Spa is already underway, as site prep work is currently being executed. This will indeed become the first highrise to be constructed since the Poinsett Plaza office tower, completed in the late '90s. This one will add greatly to the already beautifule skyline in that part of downtown.

We are hoping to see construction begin on the Pinnacle on Main by the year's end. This one has been delayed over and over as well, but may be near ready to build.

The second phase of The Bookends will be 7-stories and appears to be close to becoming a reality as well.

A new 8-story residential tower is planned to be built very near the new RiverPlace development, in the West End. This will be a nice addition to the explosion of change in that part of downtown.

There are so many more projects taking place that it would take quite a long amount of time to post, but this should help for now.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2006, 1:04 AM

Clairebear, as I know of the Camperdown Condos is dead. I'm saying this and know this because the Camperdown is no longer on the Marchant Company's website. The Pinnacle on Main is going to start in November. Water line movement has started and is progressing on the Peacock Hotel and Spa, while groundbreaking is going to be sometime in mid-to-late November.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2006, 1:07 AM

Also, the developers of the Pinnacle on Main have another meeting scheduled with city engineers sometime this week. This is the best sign that things are progressing rather quickly on this 13-story, 240ft. tall project.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast