HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 6, 2012, 11:41 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

May 6, View from the Foothills above Warm Springs Ave.

Vintage edit
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Last edited by Sawtooth; May 7, 2012 at 4:45 AM.

Old Posted May 7, 2012, 2:05 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

May 5. Boise River above flood stage ~ Ann Morrison Park, downtown area

Greenbelt flooding beyond Americana Boulevard

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted May 7, 2012, 9:38 AM

Sawtooth, you always post the most beautiful photos. Scary about that flooding, though.

Any chance you have a higher resolution of the "vintage" photo you could send me? I would love to make it my facebook cover photo if that is allowed

Old Posted May 8, 2012, 2:13 PM

Smashing pics Sawtooth. Sometimes I think that our city is so beautiful who cares if we have another tower on the skyline, but then I remember why we are all here at SSP....because we want more towers lol The Zion's tower will look sweet from that view once completed. Where exactly were you when you took these pics?

also, I'm awaiting word from a few of you (including you Sawtooth) who like to post photos about renaming this thread to be a general photo thread for our lovely city.

Old Posted May 9, 2012, 11:41 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidboise View Post
Sawtooth, you always post the most beautiful photos. Scary about that flooding, though.

Any chance you have a higher resolution of the "vintage" photo you could send me? I would love to make it my facebook cover photo if that is allowed
Thanks kidboise. I am still getting to know my new camera and that v photo is what it is, but I will be up there soon and will fetch another one for you with higher res.

Cottonwood, I am cool with a name change for the thread. If you change it I hope others will actually post photos and not just me.

Last edited by Sawtooth; May 10, 2012 at 4:39 AM.

Old Posted May 11, 2012, 5:07 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

above The Black Forest @ Fort Boise/Military Reserve

Last edited by Sawtooth; May 11, 2012 at 5:21 AM.

Old Posted May 11, 2012, 5:50 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

whatevers.

Last edited by Sawtooth; May 11, 2012 at 6:12 AM.

Old Posted May 11, 2012, 5:04 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Oooooh, very nice!! And whoa, where's that building in the first photo? I don't recognize it at all.

Old Posted May 12, 2012, 3:24 PM

Not sure if boisecynic has beat me to the punch on this, but the portion of the Greenbelt at the new whitewater park is open. In that last picture, I'm not a huge fan on how the Greenbelt essentially ends in a sharp turn towards the Pleasanton path, and then you have to take another hard turn towards the bridge to continue. Oh well.

(and yes, I know I need to get my Greenbelt pics up. I just took so dang many, and I'm been too lazy to weed out the best ones to post here)

Old Posted May 13, 2012, 7:17 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

I am still shooting more photos for my city thread. here are some more misc.

Old Posted May 13, 2012, 9:23 PM
not a cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Of Trees View Post
Not sure if boisecynic has beat me to the punch on this, but the portion of the Greenbelt at the new whitewater park is open. In that last picture, I'm not a huge fan on how the Greenbelt essentially ends in a sharp turn towards the Pleasanton path, and then you have to take another hard turn towards the bridge to continue. Oh well.

(and yes, I know I need to get my Greenbelt pics up. I just took so dang many, and I'm been too lazy to weed out the best ones to post here)

Yeah, that dogleg section is screwy but I think it's temporary. I'm not sure how the finished product is going to look but one thing is certain, there's a lot more work planned for that area. A couple of things are part of the hold up, the high water and the final plans for Esther Simplot Park. I think they may even pave up to and under the footbridge which will be a path for people carrying boats. It was deemed necessary that bikes and pedestrians especially kayak carrying pedestrians would be too much of a conflict, thus the dueling paths. The dogleg, who knows, I thought they might fill in a bit of the swamp and smooth out the curve, but that requires permits and wet lands mitigation. Without knowing the final plan for ES Park, Parks and Rec doesn't know where to create the mitigating wetlands or how much will be necessary. I also understand they are very seriously looking at creating a sandy beach and who knows exactly where that will go.

Regardless, there's already a bottleneck with people walking around the observation area, and between the pond and the river. In other words, the WW Park is already a big hit and it hasn't even seen its first summer.

Good pics everyone!

Last edited by boisecynic; May 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM.

Old Posted May 13, 2012, 11:43 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
Oooooh, very nice!! And whoa, where's that building in the first photo? I don't recognize it at all.

This one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post

This is the alley view behind The Union Block.

Old Posted May 14, 2012, 7:14 PM

Thanks for the pics City of Trees...looking forward to more.
Sawtooth, your skyline photos of Boise are probably the best I have seen anywhere on the web of our skyline. The mountains are beautiful.

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 5:11 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

miniature effect

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 5:53 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Main Street

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 6:38 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Almost there

I am getting closer to posting my city photo thread and here are a few that may be a part of it. I can say that most of the photos I have posted in this thread are for this one only and will not be in the city thread and these pics have been practice while I play with and become used to my new camera.

Nice photos BA and City Of Trees!! Feel free to post more

Old Posted May 21, 2012, 3:11 AM

Looking forward to the city photo thread. Nice update in both threads.

Old Posted May 22, 2012, 1:17 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Bogus Basin and the Boise wilderness

Last week in the Boise National Forest directly above the city.

This first photo is for the non residents; the forested mountains above downtown and the valley are part of the Bogus Basin area on top of the Boise Ridge in an area where two ecosystems meet each other.

The drive up The Foothills to the Boise Mountains is a quick one, my mocha was still warm when I arrived at Bogus. Downtown and the valley are visible from at least half of the locations in my photos.

Here is a sneak peek of a few photos which will be in my city photo thread, views which usually catch my eye when I am navigating Bogus Basin Road and Boise Ridge Road. enjoy.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 4:07 PM

Omg...gorgeous.

Old Posted May 27, 2012, 12:50 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

The river has receded. Location: Greenbelt in Parkcenter 1.5 miles from downtown

Wild roses are beginning to bloom

tiny sand dunes left over from the high water runoff. this area smelled like fish

wood wood everywhere

my city photo thread is coming after the holiday weekend.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West