HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
^ nice.

still hoping the couture pops one of these years.
Me too man.....me too. Although I think I'm getting more antsy to finally see some renderings of either the 24-story hotel planned for the Park East or the hotel tower planned for the Third Ward. Speaking of Park East, Wangard has been AWFULLY quiet about any of their projects in that immediate vicinity. Now that the North End is wrapping up, I'm wondering if we will see any movement on any of Wangard's sites.

But until then, we've got the BMO, Poto, and St. John's towers going up with 777. That Masonic Hotel tower expansion should be breaking ground in the coming months too eh?

***Side note*** Renderings of the St. John's tower mentioned above are included in the article. Unfortunately it is tough to link images from that site.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 10:33 PM

Saw the blueprints for 1550 North Prospect Avenue = 28 floors @ 301' 4"

. . .

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 10:38 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom In Chicago View Post
Saw the blueprints for 1550 North Prospect Avenue = 28 floors @ 301' 4"

. . .
i believe that would make it the tallest building in milwaukee outside of downtown.

hell, it'd be the tallest building in the state of wisconsin outside of downtown milwaukee.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2018, 5:56 AM

Hi, all - just jumped over here form that other site, and what a breath of fresh air. Looking forward to participating in positive discussion about all of the exciting development in the Greater Milwaukee Area.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2018, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyking33 View Post
Hi, all - just jumped over here form that other site, and what a breath of fresh air. Looking forward to participating in positive discussion about all of the exciting development in the Greater Milwaukee Area.
Welcome. Not anywhere near as active as SSC but it would definitely be nice to have some new members on here for discussion purposes.

With the weather easing up a bit, I'm going to try and get out soon for some pictures so I can post a construction rundown. Especially with 3 new towers (Poto, BMO, and St. John's) recently getting underway.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2018, 4:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan15 View Post
Welcome. Not anywhere near as active as SSC but it would definitely be nice to have some new members on here for discussion purposes.

With the weather easing up a bit, I'm going to try and get out soon for some pictures so I can post a construction rundown. Especially with 3 new towers (Poto, BMO, and St. John's) recently getting underway.
The liberal and condescending slant on the other site gets nauseating, so I’m all for contributing to a site where my viewpoints can be heard without being chastised just because I don’t agree.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2018, 5:37 AM

Work Begins on Third Saint John’s Tower

Quote:
Work has begun on the demolition of an enclosed garden at Saint John’s on the Lake at a cost of $50,000, the first of many complicated steps in the two-year process of constructing a new, 22-story, $123 million tower for the senior housing and licensed care facility at the southeast corner of N. Prospect Ave. and E. Kane Pl.

“Noticeable construction will begin in the next two weeks or so with demolition of the walled garden along Prospect and subsequent installation of an electrical vault in preparation for construction anticipated to begin in March,” Renee Anderson, the President & CEO of St. John’s, tells Urban Milwaukee in a written statement. Work will begin this week.
I'm not sure how to post images from Urban Milwaukee but renderings are included in the article if you click the link. I like it. It will be a nice addition to the 13-story tower rising at 1840 N Farwell and the rest of the East Side skyline. Hopefully it will be joined soon by both Portfolio and 1550 Prospect.

I think this puts Milwaukee's U/C tower count at 5; Poto, St. John's, 777 Van Buren, 1840 Farwell, and BMO. The Masonic Hotel, 1550 Prospect, and Couture could be starting within months bringing that tower count up to 8. Kind of unheard of in Brew City. There's also quite a few proposals like Portfolio, Nexus, the Park East hotel, and the Third Ward hotel that have gone quiet that very well could join the party.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2018, 6:46 PM

Jeffers buys site downtown for seven-story mixed use building

Quote:
Jeffers, president of Milwaukee-based J. Jeffers & Co., submitted plans to the city’s Historic Preservation Commission in November for a development on the site, which would be called Broadway Connection. The project, which is next to the Mackie and historic Button Block buildings, will be constructed on at the corner of East Clybourn Street and Broadway.
Not a tower but definitely a nice infill project for the CBD. Added residents/density is always a plus. I really enjoy how well it integrates into that historic block not overpowering, in my opinion, 2 of the most beautiful historic buildings in Milwaukee.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2018, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyking33 View Post
The liberal and condescending slant on the other site gets nauseating, so I’m all for contributing to a site where my viewpoints can be heard without being chastised just because I don’t agree.
Just a note of moderation here since you're new. . . you won't get chastised because of something others may not agree with, but you will if it strays off-topic. . . please keep that in mind when commenting. . .

. . .

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 6:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom In Chicago View Post
Just a note of moderation here since you're new. . . you won't get chastised because of something others may not agree with, but you will if it strays off-topic. . . please keep that in mind when commenting. . .

. . .
Ten Four

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 2:41 PM
Show me the blueprints

Oh boy

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Oh boy
Sorry, about to stray off topic quick for a post...

"You slip me the cash and I'll slip you the wiener."

Awesome, man. One of my favorite movies.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 5:28 PM

Developer now plans condos, instead of apartments, on Milwaukee's east side riverfront

Quote:
Wangard Partners Inc. still wants to develop a four-story building at N. Water and E. Brady streets.

But, instead of 92 apartments and 4,500 square feet of street-level commercial space, the firm is now proposing to develop 94 condos with no commercial space.

"We had a number of people approach us about wanting to buy condominiums at this site," said Stewart Wangard, chief executive officer. "And we listened."
I’ll believe t when I see it. Wangard has a history of not following through on their projects as referenced in the article. They’ve been sitting on the last remaining plots in the Park East for a while now with nothing to show for it.

Also tucked into the article is the cancellation of the project at 234 S Water.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Jeffers buys site downtown for seven-story mixed use building

Not a tower but definitely a nice infill project for the CBD. Added residents/density is always a plus. I really enjoy how well it integrates into that historic block not overpowering, in my opinion, 2 of the most beautiful historic buildings in Milwaukee.
Absolutely a great infill! I have a soft spot in my heart for developments that fill in parking lots that are only a fraction of a block. And it looks pretty nice, too, from what I can see in the small image that the article featured.

Last edited by embora; Jan 13, 2018 at 2:06 AM.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 4:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by embora View Post
Absolutely a great infill! I have a soft spot in my heart for developments that fill in parking lots that are only a fraction of a lot. And it looks pretty nice, too, from what I can see in the small image that the article featured.

Found some bigger images from BizTimes.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 2:07 AM

Quote:
Found some bigger images from BizTimes.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2018, 12:25 AM

Construction work for Goll Mansion apartment tower to begin soon
Architect says developer has secured financing for $55 million project

Quote:
Construction work will begin soon for the Goll Mansion apartment tower on Milwaukee’s East Side, a project that will include moving a 120-year-old house and building a 28-story, 192-unit apartment tower behind it.

Developers of the controversial $55 million project have secured financing and will soon begin the first phase of construction, which is moving the mansion, at 1550 N. Prospect Ave., said Thomas Miller, principal with Kahler Slater architecture in Milwaukee, who designed the project.

“The project has secured financing and is moving forward,” Miller said. “Planning, testing and preparation is ongoing and an exact date for the move hasn’t been identified.”

Old Posted Feb 5, 2018, 10:43 PM

Let the Speculation Begin...

Foxconn to create North American headquarters in downtown Milwaukee

Quote:
Foxconn estimates it will have 870 employees in "business support functions" in southeastern Wisconsin by the end of 2022, according to a Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. analysis.

The downtown Milwaukee property includes a 2-acre site, with a large parking lot, bordered by Wisconsin Ave., Michigan St., Jackson St. and Van Buren St. That could provide space for additional development.
Foxconn buying downtown Milwaukee office building

Quote:
Foxconn told state officials it would have 870 business support positions in finance, IT and human resources out of the 13,000 it plans to create.
The first article mentioned the current building, when full, held around 600 people. If Foxconn's North American HQ is going to hold 870, one would have to assume something additional is going to be built on the connected surface lot. If I were to wager a guess, it is going to be tall.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 11:09 PM

Not to be a downer, but we all need to pump the brakes regarding development in Milwaukee. Right now we have a lot of talk and not a lot of action. Between the Couture, Foxconn, Marcus, and the laughable idea that Johnson Controls will invest in a tower...we just need to take a deep breath.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 4:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booch View Post
Not to be a downer, but we all need to pump the brakes regarding development in Milwaukee. Right now we have a lot of talk and not a lot of action. Between the Couture, Foxconn, Marcus, and the laughable idea that Johnson Controls will invest in a tower...we just need to take a deep breath.
1. Foxconn is a done deal, and a very big one at that. For both downtown MKE and the southern suburbs.
2. Nobody (on this forum at least, SSC is a different story) thinks JCI is even an option anymore.
3. Marcus's tower proposal is a joke in my eyes.
4. Even without the Couture, which I highly doubt is going to happen, Milwaukee still has a flurry of towers going up; BMO (25 stories), St. Johns (22 stories), 1550 Prospect (27 stories), 1840 Farwell (ok, only 13 stories), Poto (19 stories), 777 (34 stories), and likely the Masonic Hotel (14 stories atop existing building). That's quite a bit of height Milwaukee is adding to the skyline. If the Couture does shock me and get started, thats an additional 44 stories right on prime lakefront property. I don't think anyone needs to pump any brakes.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations