HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 25, 2003, 4:21 AM
BANNED

hey guys i have good news on one of your Pictures Markitect. Kahler Slater Will Construct the University Club tower in 2004 that's what i saw on skyscrapers.com and that's what's going to happen to it i know it's going to be constructed next year and i can't wait to see it soon same with kilbourn tower too.i will go downtown and see these two Buildings and take pictures of them
when they are done and i will be surprised to see them when they are done.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2003, 4:37 AM

Yes, DTF, the possibility of two new residential high-rises completed in the next few years is very exciting--I'm sure we'll all be there photographing them!

Old Posted Nov 27, 2003, 7:03 PM
BANNED

What does the Kilbourn tower look like now? Have they started any upward building yet?

Old Posted Nov 27, 2003, 7:59 PM

They have a lot of subterrainean work to do--at least 4 stories underground to work on first, before anything can rise out of the hole.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2003, 6:22 AM
BANNED

SOM is the archtiect for UCT, not Kahler-Slater.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2003, 6:29 AM

Both firms are working on University Club Tower.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2003, 6:08 PM

which firm has better looking renderings, as in who does better work?

Ba Dum Chee!

Old Posted Nov 28, 2003, 8:18 PM

SOM

Old Posted Dec 1, 2003, 12:06 AM
BANNED

i know that the Kilbourn Tower has to do 4 floors underground before it goes above ground to be constructed is that true Markitect.where's the mandel Group in Downtown Milwaukee i would like info on the new Tower called University Club Tower i sent out sometihng but i haven't recieved any info back on them.BTW who's in charge of the University Club Tower is it just 1 developer and 2 architects i asked for info on it but i got nothing back

Old Posted Dec 1, 2003, 3:28 AM

There is one developer for University Club Tower--the Mandel Group. There are two architecture firms working together on University Club Tower--Skidmore, Owings & Merrill from Chicago and Kahler Slater from Milwaukee.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2003, 5:20 AM
BANNED

Wait...so is Mandel behind both of these towers? I thought NLE was developing Kilbourn.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2003, 5:44 AM

No, you've misread something.

Kilbourn Tower
- Developer: Fiduciary Real Estate Development, Inc. (New Land Enterprises was the original developer, bowed out last year)
- Architects: Solomon, Cordwell, Buenz & Associates; with LaDallman Architects (LaDallman came up with the original concept that won the design competition)

University Club Tower
- Developer: Mandel Group, Inc.
- Arhcitects: SOM; with Kahler Slater Architects

Old Posted Dec 1, 2003, 6:10 PM
BANNED

hey markitect i found a article on University Club Tower in the Small Business Times and here's what it says in that magazine

Room service, a rooftop garden, a swimming pool, a two-story health club, a marble whirlpool, a concierge, valet parking and maid service. Sounds like a four star hotel for only special getaways? Actually, such luxurious accouterments will be part of everyday life in the 32-story University Club Tower, a new condominium development by Mandel Group,

"The Tower" will be located in Milwaukee along North Prospect Avenue between East Kilbourn Avenue and East Wells Street. The average condominium in the building will span about 3,500 square feet and be priced at $400 per square foot. That means the average price will be $1.5 million per condo.

"They are not only buying a luxurious space, but a lifestyle," said Barry Mandel, chief executive officer of Mandel Group. "We found that there is a market for large condominium spaces with large outdoor terraces." Of University Club Tower's 54 units, more than 65% have been reserved by buyers, and those reservations are being turned into contracts, Mandel said. The developer hopes to begin construction by April 2004, with a planned completion date in October or November 2005.Mandel estimates University Club Tower to be a $78 million development in revenue and sales.

Mandel envisions most of the condo purchasers to be middle-aged professionals -- like him. That is why he and his three business partners will be residing in the tower condominiums. The average age of a University Club Tower condo owner is in the mid-50s according to Mandel, meaning that most are still working. However, some of the residents will be retirees. "The partnership decided to move forward and to provide an alternative for people who wanted to live in a luxurious space," said Mandel. Some condo owners will sell their houses and move to the tower. Others may be empty-nesters or people who already reside downtown. "We are selling to people of substantial means," he said.

To help with the designing process of individual units, Mandel Group is providing a product selection person to work with purchasers and their interior decorators. "We want to make it so it is painless and in fact, a fun and exciting process," he said. It was the design of University Club Tower that lured Katie Heil to the development. "I would not have given up where I live now if it wasn't for the superior design and phenomenal location," said Heil, who plans to move into the tower. "I do think that it is going to be a landmark in Milwaukee."

Heil currently resides in a house on the east side of Milwaukee. An active member the community who is involved in many non-profit organizations and likes to travel, Heil was attracted by the security that the tower will provide. Heil, who also owns a dog, values the University Club Tower's commitment to resident dog owners. In its design, Mandel Group incorporated a 17,000-square-foot terrace on top of the parking garage for both dogs and humans to enjoy. Dog-walker services will be offered.

Another plus for Heil and other buyers is the list of standard features, optional features, service amenities and the easy access to the University Club, located next door. The building's features include access to a laundry, shopping and valet service. Standard features in each room will pamper the owners. Each unit will have a personal 315-square-foot terrace, expansive windows, 10-foot ceilings, granite countertops and gas fireplaces. For those who want a little more, optional features include a central sound system, a built-in wet bar, a wall safe and lined silver closets.

Such features and amenities prompted Nita Soref to be the first buyer of a condo in the tower. She will move to the tower from her two-story house in Whitefish Bay. "There has never been a building built here like the ones in Chicago or New York," said Soref, who, while living in New York for 19 years, learned to value such services as a concierge and security. "This is exactly what I wanted."

Other building amenities include a lap pool, a port cochere at building entrance, a common room with a gourmet kitchen, a wine cellar with a tasting room and individual wine lockers, and two parking spaces per unit in the parking garage. The rooftop terrace will feature lawn grass, formal gardens, sitting areas and a special storm water drainage system.
The tower will feature no hallways. Secured elevators will open directly into the condos.

Another feature that Mandel is especially proud of is the partnership with the University Club. Residents of the tower will gain access to banquet rooms and guestrooms. The Club will gain additional parking, members and funding for maintenance and improvements.

The University Club Tower also offers fantastic views of Milwaukee. From different units, residents may be able to see Lake Michigan, Juneau Park, the Milwaukee skyline or the Milwaukee Art Museum. "It's the best site in southeastern Wisconsin. It's overlooking Lake Michigan, the University Club, which is an historical building, and looks over what will become a national monument: the Calatrava addition to the Milwaukee Art Museum," Mandel said. "I think that it is a great celebration for Milwaukee, in a sense," Mandel said. "It is just one building in a line of many that will offer housing opportunities for a diverse group of people and at the same time, it helps the University Club by providing additional capital for improvements and its membership base.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2003, 5:41 AM

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that portions of a former Aurora Sinai hospital on the West Side (at W. Kilbourn Avenue and N. 22nd Street) will be redevloped into loft-style apartmetns. The developer, Gorman & Co., is known for several residential conversion projects throughout the city that have used Federal affordable housing tax credits which allows the company to offer below-market rents. Gorman hopes to secure financing by spring 2004 and have the redevelopment complete by summer 2005.

Check out the article for more information: Firm to convert hospital into lofts - Ex-Aurora Sinai campus gets $13 million proposal

Old Posted Dec 2, 2003, 7:38 PM
BANNED

Small Business times

does anyone have a copy of the Small Business Times for 11/28/03 i bought one copy today you guys should look in that magazine it has University Club tower and Kilbourn tower in there you guys should buy a copy of it here at the Milwaukee Athelic Club in Downtown Milwaukee.check out the articles in small business times.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2003, 3:30 PM
BANNED

i have some articles from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel about Broadway Wisconsin Tower but i have no idea when it's going to be built because sionce i wanted the article frpm journal Sentinel i
really wanted to find out about Broadway Wisconsin Tower.does anyone know about the broaday Wisconsin Tower yet

Old Posted Dec 6, 2003, 7:01 PM

Nope, sorry. Those are old articles. No new information has been put out about the Wisconsin-Broadway tower since the it was proposed nearly a year ago.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2003, 8:39 PM
BANNED

I saw that buildings section in the Biz Journal at work yesterday, ironically enough. There were some great renderings I hadn't seen yet, including the clearest facade elevations I've found.

btw, thanks Markitect. I forgot about that NLE scandal.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2003, 7:24 PM
BANNED

is this the right height of the University Club Tower i found on Mandel Group's Website.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2003, 7:48 PM

A height figure for University Club Tower has never been published in any articles I've seen--they've only ever listed how many floors it would have.

So if you found this drawing for University Club Tower on Mandel's website, then yes, that would be correct--about 450 feet tall.

And look how close it will be to Kilbourn Tower next door (the building in dotted lines on the right)! WOW, that's terrible!!

Last edited by Markitect; Dec 7, 2003 at 7:58 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations