HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 3:59 PM

If intersections like Regent and Lag are bad at rush hour imagine this one when all the retail is complete and the winter hits. What a gong show. Glad I live in EK and do not have to drive down route 90 every day. Completely agree about the diamond interchanges as well. Cheap and would make many intersections a lot safer.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastK View Post
If intersections like Regent and Lag are bad at rush hour imagine this one when all the retail is complete and the winter hits. What a gong show. Glad I live in EK and do not have to drive down route 90 every day. Completely agree about the diamond interchanges as well. Cheap and would make many intersections a lot safer.
Yeah, and if they can't handle the turn volumes, then just double the left turn lanes at the end of the off ramps... or since we've set the precedent of triple-turn lanes...

Net benefit; through traffic is unaffected on one route which is better than nothing.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 4:58 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Glad I live in EK and do not have to drive down route 90 every day.
This is something us northerners can be smug about. Not that we have all that much to be smug about.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 5:43 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Glad I live in EK and do not have to drive down route 90 every day.
Agreed completely.

I would rather take the bus down Henderson than drive down RT90 on a daily basis.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 6:18 PM
What could go wrong?

It won't be long however, until Lagimodiere (59) turns into Route 90. The traffic between Dugald and Marion is backed up most of the day. I live by McIvor and Lagimodiere and at rush hour and weekends the traffic is routinely backed up southbound from Springfield past McIvor, from the Perimeter northbound up to McIvor, from Grassie northbound up on the Concordia overpass.

It will only get worse with the idiotic intersection of Chief Peguis and Lagimodiere. In the span of 1 km there will be 3 sets of lights on what is supposed to be a high speed corridor......good luck trying to get to the speed limit.

.......oh and just a side note, this is the weekend that Springfield Rd east of Gateway closes for good. Welcome to our nightmare.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 6:35 AM

wish the city would add a third lane along Keewatin already.....traffic sucks during morning and afternoon rush hour....

Cheif peguis should be 3 lanes already. Look at kenaston and how fast they had to add a third lane on each side after taylor.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 6:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
It will only get worse with the idiotic intersection of Chief Peguis and Lagimodiere. In the span of 1 km there will be 3 sets of lights on what is supposed to be a high speed corridor......good luck trying to get to the speed limit.

.......oh and just a side note, this is the weekend that Springfield Rd east of Gateway closes for good. Welcome to our nightmare.
I feel your pain.
Driving though NK for the last few summer months was awful.

They should really get rid of the Springfield/Lag lights, or do something more effective. Especially since the other side of Springfield is getting dead-ended. I guess they can't really do anything, since there is so much industrial traffic there from Kitchen Kraft.

Now that Springfield will be closed in a few days, McLeod/Grassie and other streets are going to get super congested. This is such a nightmare...

CPT is expected to open in a few weeks, right? So this added congestion will be temporary...

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by original View Post
I feel your pain.
Driving though NK for the last few summer months was awful.

They should really get rid of the Springfield/Lag lights, or do something more effective. Especially since the other side of Springfield is getting dead-ended. I guess they can't really do anything, since there is so much industrial traffic there from Kitchen Kraft.

Now that Springfield will be closed in a few days, McLeod/Grassie and other streets are going to get super congested. This is such a nightmare...

CPT is expected to open in a few weeks, right? So this added congestion will be temporary...
That is what I heard. Took my bike through there a week ago and you could basically go from Henderson to Lag on asphalt. Rothesay is still a mess though....

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 3:29 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
That is what I heard. Took my bike through there a week ago and you could basically go from Henderson to Lag on asphalt.
Excellent, I'm going to try that this weekend.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 7:42 PM

Im kinda of unsure about whats going on with the highway 1/lewvan intersectin and the road developements for the GTH. From what iv heared they are completeing the ring road to make it a full circle, is this true??Can someone let me knwo. If so that would be sweet!!! But im still not sure

Old Posted Oct 15, 2011, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougler306 View Post
Im kinda of unsure about whats going on with the highway 1/lewvan intersectin and the road developements for the GTH. From what iv heared they are completeing the ring road to make it a full circle, is this true??Can someone let me knwo. If so that would be sweet!!! But im still not sure
They are building an interchange at Pinkie and #1. A four lane highway is to be built from the TCH to Dewdney and a two lane highway to Highway 11 (intersecting Ninth ave N on the way). Eventually if traffic warrants it, the highway to 11 will be expanded to a four lane and an interchange built on Highway 11.

Link: http://www.highways.gov.sk.ca/adx/as...edschedule.pdf

Last edited by VANRIDERFAN; Oct 15, 2011 at 2:11 AM.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2011, 8:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
They are building an interchange at Pinkie and #1. A four lane highway is to be built from the TCH to Dewdney and a two lane highway to Highway 11 (intersecting Ninth ave N on the way). Eventually if traffic warrants it, the highway to 11 will be expanded to a four lane and an interchange built on Highway 11.

Yes this is entirely true... My friend is the project manager for the Regina West Bypass project. So I hear regular updates on this project.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2011, 3:39 PM

Don't know if anyone is interested but they are building the berm out into the south saskatchewan river for the east portion of the neww bridge in Saskatoon.

http://www.circledrive.ca/

Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 5:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post

That interchange is really close to that farm on the south east side.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 1:34 PM

Getting started on the next overpass in Saskatoon

http://www.ckom.com/story/circle-dri...on-begin/28466

Old Posted Oct 23, 2011, 3:25 AM

Projects going on in Saskatchewan

http://www.highways.gov.sk.ca/majorprojects/

Small bypass Yorkton

Major bypass Estevan

New bridge St. Louis

New road Dalmeny

plus all the Regina stuff

Old Posted Oct 23, 2011, 3:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw6969 View Post
Projects going on in Saskatchewan

http://www.highways.gov.sk.ca/majorprojects/

Small bypass Yorkton

Major bypass Estevan

New bridge St. Louis

New road Dalmeny

plus all the Regina stuff
I really, really, REALLY hope that once the stuff is done on the West side of Regina (#1/Lewvan, #1/Pinkie) that focus will move, fast, on constructing the new SE bypass. You don't have to tell me twice that things are going to get way more congested on the east side once the GTH is up and running, not to mention the ever-increasing amount of population building in the White City/Balgonie areas.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2011, 3:55 AM

Wow I just lookied at the long term plan stuff

http://www.highways.gov.sk.ca/planningstudies/

There already planing for a third ring road. Look at the right side. Long term vision road. How fast are we growing.

http://www.highways.gov.sk.ca/adx/as...ecommended.pdf

Old Posted Oct 23, 2011, 4:00 AM

Also I wonder when emarld park will become emarld city. Wonder how tall their skyscrappers will be.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2011, 5:05 AM
BANNED

I just moved to Edmonton recently, and their infrastructure is so much better than Winnipeg's. It is inexcusable that Kenaston has no overpasses, especially where the new IKEA is being built. Edmonton is just finishing off the NW portion of Anthony Henday, and the West side of the highway is being upgraded into a limited access freeway. Overpasses are being constructed on the QE2, Whitemud, and many others. I wish Winnipeg could have 1/4 of the overpasses Edmonton does.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan