HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
The only point in bringing up Devon is because they first said 37 stories and it wound up being 50.
Well again, totally different animal/situation. Was definitely a rare situation and that's the only point i was making.
Quote:
There's a lot of things that tie in together about who purchased the site and there's more things at play than what meets the eye.
Like what?

Quote:
Another thing is, even though this is the one that was announced, there are other towers in the works. Whether those fall through or not, I don't know, but there's more to it.
More office towers getting off the ground means more availiable office space, which in turn could lesson the scope of this project. Again, not trying to be negative, just realistic. Like i said above either way it's still good news.

Look, your going to get a lot of the "this is bull!! It's supposed to be 700+ ft!!!" because for so long and even up till yesterday everyone was saying,"yep, I got inside info, it's gonna be 700ft". Now that it's announced it's just atleast 20 stories. So yeah, that's where that's coming from and it's to be expected with all the hype that went on.

Who knows, could a 700ft tower still come of this? I suppose. Anything's possible i guess. But I wouldn't exactly use Devon as an example for this being a possiblity you know what i mean?
Quote:
And a 20 story tower is by no means a waste. If it ends up only 20 stories then I'll be "yippy-ing" as well, just not as loud. Lol
I agree! It's still better than what is on the site now that's for sure!

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post
Like what?
Basically, this may not be the same tower that has been rumored to be 700+ ft. I haven't been working behind the scenes so I am not sure, but there's another tower that's in the works still and that may be the 700 ft one and this is a completely different building. Take my comment with a grain of salt, I don't have any inside sources other than people on OKCTalk who happen to work on these deals or work with the people involved with these deals or have inside information (legit inside information, not "this guy who knows this guy who this guy" inside information). Plus we have a really nice reporter who's as open as he can be about what's going on behind the scenes.

"Na'isha - Our people" - Plains Apache / Apache Tribe of Oklahoma

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Basically, this may not be the same tower that has been rumored to be 700+ ft. I haven't been working behind the scenes so I am not sure, but there's another tower that's in the works still and that may be the 700 ft one and this is a completely different building. Take my comment with a grain of salt, I don't have any inside sources other than people on OKCTalk who happen to work on these deals or work with the people involved with these deals or have inside information (legit inside information, not "this guy who knows this guy who this guy" inside information). Plus we have a really nice reporter who's as open as he can be about what's going on behind the scenes.
Well, I guess we all will have to wait atleast another 90 days before this one gets put to rest. Until then, let the speculation continue...

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 5:53 PM

It will be interesting how this plays out, even though announced that it will be at least 20 stories, inside info is now saying it will be 30. With that being said, sources also hinted that this site has enough room to accommodate two towers. This could get interesting!

#LovingOKC

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 7:26 PM

Since I don't live there anymore, I was curious, have the new I-40/I-44 and I-40/I-35 interchanges been completed?

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 7:03 AM

Quote:
Well, I guess we all will have to wait atleast another 90 days before this one gets put to rest. Until then, let the speculation continue...
Very true. It's frustrating that we still have to wait, but hey, maybe this will turn out better than it appears.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 7:15 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFC View Post
Since I don't live there anymore, I was curious, have the new I-40/I-44 and I-40/I-35 interchanges been completed?
You're talking about switching the I-35 and I-44 ramps from the old I-40 to the new I-40? If so, then yes, that work has been pretty much done I believe.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 4:43 PM

lol, so after all this we are talking about a speculative office tower proposal with no tenants? This is not a tower announcement in the least, its an advertisement for available office space in a building that may or may not be built.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
lol, so after all this we are talking about a speculative office tower proposal with no tenants? This is not a tower announcement in the least, its an advertisement for available office space in a building that may or may not be built.
I definitely don't know more about OKC then the guy's that live there, but if you do a little research on this announced project you can see it's pretty much a givin that there will be something built on this site. Whether it ends up being 20 stories or 700 ft. that is still up in the air. But I'm pretty sure something will go up there, and I would bet it would be sooner rather then later.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
What is your damn deal? Your post history shows nothing but 90% pure hatred and baiting of certain cities, with OKC right in front.

You would probably feel much more at home on city-data.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
I definitely don't know more about OKC then the guy's that live there, but if you do a little research on this announced project you can see it's pretty much a givin that there will be something built on this site. Whether it ends up being 20 stories or 700 ft. that is still up in the air. But I'm pretty sure something will go up there, and I would bet it would be sooner rather then later.
I live in OKC, and let me tell you, a tower will be built, because it calls for the demolition of a prominent historic building called the Stage Center, therefore, the seller of Stage Center did not want execute this deal until they knew for sure the buyer could execute their plan. So a plan will be executed, and tower will be built, but that's all we know now, we don't know how tall, architect, or when ground will break. My best educated guess from what I have been hearing, is that this will end up being 30 stories, roughly 450ft., and start late 2014.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2013, 7:17 AM

This isn't anything that involves construction or is ground breaking news, but it's Nordstrom's first location in Oklahoma, albeit it's only a Nordstrom Rack and not a full line Nordstrom.

Opening on Sept. 12.

http://newsok.com/nordstrom-rack-oth...rticle/3874376

Old Posted Aug 23, 2013, 7:28 AM

Oklahoma City is one step closer to getting its streetcar system up and running by 2017.

http://newsok.com/citizens-board-app...rticle/3874873

Old Posted Aug 23, 2013, 7:56 AM

This news is about a week or so old, but it's a pretty cool concept that isn't really used much in Oklahoma City.

http://newsok.com/shipping-container...rticle/3872504

Old Posted Aug 24, 2013, 3:20 AM

The East Bricktown project has had some changes made to it.

http://newsok.com/bricktown-retail-r...rticle/3874985

Last edited by Sharkey; Aug 24, 2013 at 3:50 AM.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2013, 7:24 AM

This is great news for Bricktown!

http://newsok.com/life-set-to-return...rticle/3877090

Old Posted Sep 3, 2013, 3:51 AM

Work on re-creating Oklahoma City's downtown parks will begin soon

Quote:
Construction should begin soon on the remake of Kerr Park and Couch Drive Park in downtown Oklahoma City as SandRidge Energy prepares to complete work on the adjoining Parkside Building.
http://newsok.com/work-on-re-creatin...rticle/3874358

Old Posted Sep 3, 2013, 3:57 AM

I swear, I bet OKC forumers hear this a lot....but I think the Devon Tower(that is correct right) had made the largest impact on any skyline in a LONG time.... Crazy to see before and after pics.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2013, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown,man View Post
I swear, I bet OKC forumers hear this a lot....but I think the Devon Tower(that is correct right) had made the largest impact on any skyline in a LONG time.... Crazy to see before and after pics.
I think so as well, Devon Tower sure put the OKC skyline in a new league.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2013, 6:42 PM

Quote:
This news is about a week or so old, but it's a pretty cool concept that isn't really used much in Oklahoma City.

http://newsok.com/shipping-container...rticle/3872504

We have something similar here in DC at the Fairgrounds, directly across the street from the Nationals stadium: http://www.fairgroundsdc.com/www/ . This is being used as temporary event space until it is redeveloped and empty shipping containers form the perimeter wall.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations