HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 8:11 PM

Atlanta Ferris Wheel

This could be cool, Bernie Marcus is talking about building a "London Eye" type of Ferris Wheel downtown - maybe on land he already owns by the Aquarium.

http://www.ajc.com/business/sightsee...or-735006.html

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 8:29 PM

They don't really say where it will go but make it sound like it could be near the Aquarium.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 8:32 PM

That was quick.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2010, 12:21 AM

Site selected for College Football Hall

The College Football Hall of Fame appears to have selected its preferred site in Atlanta — a parking lot owned by the Georgia World Congress Center along Marietta Street.
The “Green Lot” is located across from Centennial Olympic Park and is one of the prime locations in the area

Site selected for College Football Hall | Atlanta Business Chronicle

Old Posted Nov 13, 2010, 8:46 PM

Emory project could start in 2011

The Business Chronicle reports that Cousins is in the early stages of moving forward with Emory Point and has a strong chance of success due to the concentration of recession-proof jobs in the area.

Phase I of Emory Point is now planned for 450 apartments and 82,000 square feet of retail. Cousins Properties is leading the development with Gables Residential developing the apartment homes.

Emory project could start in 2011 | Atlanta Business Chronicle

Old Posted Nov 13, 2010, 9:29 PM

Damn Chris Creech,
Did you do that in Photoshop real quick or something. That's some talent.
Where along Clifton is this?

Last edited by Pompuss; Nov 13, 2010 at 10:59 PM.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2010, 1:53 PM

[QUOTE=smArTaLlone;5053255]The College Football Hall of Fame appears to have selected its preferred site in Atlanta — a parking lot owned by the Georgia World Congress Center along Marietta Street.
The “Green Lot” is located across from Centennial Olympic Park and is one of the prime locations in the area

Get them the site! It may not be "cultural" and "high-minded" and "elite" enough for most of the posters' wonderful arrogant awesomeness. But it damned sure will draw tourists from the south in droves. And other parts too. Give this place a high profile location and maybe they can "discover" all the other points you'd like to indoctrinate them into with your beautiful and superior intelligence to all those awful pathetic redneck minions who are so very far below you. Of course, if the dome was to move out of downtown...I'm sure the cfb hof was figuring they'd get massive traffic a few times per year. It'd be crazy to move the stadium out of downtown, imo...but that's a different post I guess.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2010, 5:40 PM

I think its a great site for the HOF. Hopefully it'll bridge most of the gap between CNN and the STATS, Max's etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompuss View Post
The road on the left is aligned with the CDC entrance on Clifton.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Nov 14, 2010 at 5:56 PM.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 6:31 AM

LOL - yeah I can flat out do some photoshopping, checking the posts there the original post was 8:11 then I said, "gee, I should do a quick pic". The pic post went up at 8:29. So 18 minutes, and most of that was probably finding the right pictures. The photoshopping probably din't take more than 10 mins, then posting and linking from photobucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompuss View Post
Damn Chris Creech,
Did you do that in Photoshop real quick or something. That's some talent.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2010, 12:09 AM

GWCCA OKs green lot for College Football Hall

Quote:
The Georgia World Congress Center Authority voted unanimously Tuesday to negotiate with Atlanta Hall Management Inc. to locate the College Football Hall of Fame on the 2.7-acre Green Parking Lot.

The GWCC's agreement with Atlanta Hall Management includes a 30-year ground lease with four five-year options, a $700,000 annual payment to offset parking revenue GWCC generates from the lot, and $75,000 annual office space lease for Atlanta Hall Management and Chick-fil-A Bowl staff in Building A. The project would also include a 225-vehicle parking deck at the site.

GWCCA OKs green lot for College Football Hall | Atlanta Business Chronicle

Old Posted Dec 1, 2010, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
What is up with that picture in the article!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2010, 1:03 AM

Plans for College Hall Unveiled

Quote:
The College Football Hall of Fame will have a 3-D theater, broadcast facility and event space when it opens in Atlanta in 2013. Atlanta Hall Management also has an agreement with ESPN, which will provide content and be a media partner of the Hall of Fame, Robinson said.
College hall to have event space, theater | Atlanta Business Chronicle

The tunnel entrance from Marietta Street will feed guests onto a field.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Dec 5, 2010 at 2:55 PM.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2010, 3:14 AM

I know they've closed a majority of them, but I wonder if ESPN Zone would bring back their Atlanta location. Would make much more sense near the College Football Hall of Fame and in a more "touristy" area.

Speaking of the old ESPN Zone building in Buckhead... I always thought a Dave & Busters would be a good fit for that space.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2010, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1986 View Post
I know they've closed a majority of them, but I wonder if ESPN Zone would bring back their Atlanta location. Would make much more sense near the College Football Hall of Fame and in a more "touristy" area.

Speaking of the old ESPN Zone building in Buckhead... I always thought a Dave & Busters would be a good fit for that space.
I agree with both of your statements... Hopefully, ESPN Zone will build a restaurant in the immediate area. Also, a Dave & Busters would be great in the Centennial Olympic Park area (especially if located across the street from the new Dolphin exhibit). I would even wish that an ESPN Zone would be built on Marietta street where the old Traxx club use to be (along with a Dave & Busters)... just wishful thinking

Old Posted Dec 6, 2010, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindFatSnake View Post
I agree with both of your statements... Hopefully, ESPN Zone will build a restaurant in the immediate area. Also, a Dave & Busters would be great in the Centennial Olympic Park area (especially if located across the street from the new Dolphin exhibit). I would even wish that an ESPN Zone would be built on Marietta street where the old Traxx club use to be (along with a Dave & Busters)... just wishful thinking
Hmmmm, what do you know about Traxxx?

Old Posted Dec 6, 2010, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
The Phoenix Dance club (now that goes way back) and the World Club (Olympics and right after).

Old Posted Dec 6, 2010, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L41A View Post
The Phoenix Dance club (now that goes way back) and the World Club (Olympics and right after).
Oh my, you lost me with the Phoenix Dance club...lol. I don't remember World Club either, just old Traxxx.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2010, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
The Business Chronicle reports that Cousins is in the early stages of moving forward with Emory Point and has a strong chance of success due to the concentration of recession-proof jobs in the area.

Phase I of Emory Point is now planned for 450 apartments and 82,000 square feet of retail. Cousins Properties is leading the development with Gables Residential developing the apartment homes.

Emory project could start in 2011 | Atlanta Business Chronicle

I remember reading somewhere recently that DeKalb County changed their zoning to encourage higher density, mixed-use, sustainable developments. I suppose even more of these types of developments will be popping up now, especially when the economy picks up again. Kudos to DeKalb and I look forward to seeing more of these (If this development is not actually in DeKalb County, please excuse my missinformation).

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
lol... About as much as I know about Backstreet... lol

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 3:32 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindFatSnake View Post
lol... About as much as I know about Backstreet... lol
Is it true that Viewpoint is haunted by former Backstreet drag queens and residents regularly find Lee-press-ons, fake eyelashes, feathers and glitter in the hallways?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta