HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 7:49 PM

Last time Montreal had 10c or more was oct 28. We've had a pretty cool fall so far. Although we haven't had any really cold days either.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The heaviest rain was actually in southern NB. Mechanic Settlement (on the road between Fundy National Park and Sussex) has had 291mm (so far). The system won't be completely out of here until Wednesday!
I don't know the exact amounts but Yarmouth's had over 200mm and its in a state of emergency becuase of the widespread flooding.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 9:39 PM

I have annuals still blooming in my garden just north of YEG. Was in Banff all weekend hiking around, temps were 13 -16. Snow only at the highest levels.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 9:51 PM

The temperature has risen to 14 degrees now but there are still some rainshowers. The temperature should ramain around 12 tonight.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 10:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Mechanic Settlement is at 301mm and counting............

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 12:14 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Calgary has finally joined the rest of the country with single digit temps looking likely for quite some time. Today was a chilly 5, which is actually a degree above normal - but you wouldn't think it based on people's reactions.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 1:01 AM
Go Preds!

Another MASSIVE storm this fall. We were not as affected but it was raining pretty hard.

Boston had flurries and they had snow and freezing rain in Burlington.

Quote:
The first snow of the season greeted people across southern New England this morning with a coating to several inches blanketing areas from Connecticut into Rhode Island and Massachusetts.

In Burrillville, R.I., residents woke up to 2.5 inches of snow on the ground. Other snowfall totals that have been reported include 2.0 inches in Staffordville and Moosup, Conn., 1.5 inches in Greenville, R.I., 0.8 of an inch in Dighton, Mass., and 0.7 of an inch in North Providence, R.I.
http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/new...eason-hits.asp

Quote:
AccuWeather.com Expert Senior Meteorologist Joe Bastardi has never seen a storm of this magnitude strike New England from the northeast in all his years of studying the weather.

Bastardi is calling this system a "rogue storm."

Indeed, there are very few out there who study old weather maps like Bastardi does. For those of you who follow Joe's commentary, know that he can list statistics on storms long forgotten, even well before he was born.

Joe pointed out this storm was about as intense as Tomas, which recently grazed western Haiti. (Barometric pressure in Tomas bottomed out at 982 mb, or 29.00 inches, while this storm's lowest pressure was 985 mb, or 29.09 inches.)

While the storm over New England was non-tropical, it had an eyelike feature with shifting winds noted over several locations, including Hyannis, Mass., just as if a hurricane had passed.
http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/new...-england-1.asp

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 1:31 AM
BANNED

Not bad in Winnipeg for the next few days; 14, with sun and rain. By Thursday, things will cool down to average temps, around 3C.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 2:46 AM

^ Beat me to it RT, gorgeous past couple of days in the Peg., sunny and mid-teens, I would have added to the comments about the upcoming weather with words Alberta and the opposite of north but then why stir things up

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 3:47 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
^ Beat me to it RT, gorgeous past couple of days in the Peg., sunny and mid-teens, I would have added to the comments about the upcoming weather with words Alberta and the opposite of north but then why stir things up
Especially when you're currently enjoying some very southern Alberta like weather right now. Don't want to look entirely clueless, now do ya.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 4:02 AM

I like how this thread turns into a who's got better weather contest occasionally. You guys are hilarious.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoshvilli View Post
I like how this thread turns into a who's got better weather contest occasionally. You guys are hilarious.
Well for most Canada it is a "I'm better than you" contest, in the Maritimes it's "I'm more extreme than you".

Nobody here cares if its raining out. It's for getting more rain than your competitiors (and more fog, hurricanes, snow, ect).

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 4:12 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoshvilli View Post
More like immature and pathetic, but then again, that is just part of being Canadian and trying to have civil discussions, I guess.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 5:32 AM
Home of Hyperchange

I freely admit Calgary's weather isn't for the cold-blooded. I just have that common Internet-obsession with correcting falsehoods and inaccuracies whenever I spot them.

(XKCD)

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 7:22 AM
Go Preds!

5C and raining! Every single day this month so far has been way below normal. It will take a heat wave if we want our streak of consecutive months above average to continue.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 7:25 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
5C and raining! Every single day this month so far has been way below normal. It will take a heat wave if we want our streak of consecutive months above average to continue.
5 is way below the normal Montreal November temperature of approximately 5 degrees?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 1:22 PM

Should be beautiful in Ottawa today, 9 and sunny. Back home in Southwestern Ontario, it'll be around 14 and sunny from now through the weekend.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 3:50 PM

It has hit 18 degrees in St. John's! It's foggy and a bit misty but virtually no wind.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 8:25 PM

Not suprisingly its raining for the sixth (or maybe more I've lost count) day in the row. The main street in my town finally washed out and the detour is a wonderful farmer's gravel road up the mountain. The public buses are now a nice shade of mud brown (not a spot of white left).

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 8:28 PM

just kind of bleh here, yesterday was nice. We are getting our first true cold wave here in BC, with highs along the south coast only suppose to reach 7 to 9. Tomorrow is suppose to be sunny but cold again with highs around 9.

Cant believe all the rain in the east, but at least some areas are getting nice mild temps with it (nothing wrong with 18 degrees, hehe).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada