HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1001  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2015, 3:53 AM
Treesplease Treesplease is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
Sweet. It looks like this is charter company:

http://www.globaljetconcept.com/aircraft/airbus-acj319

This is not your average business jet. Nice looking aircraft. How the "1%" live. Nice interior looks like it would make for a nice crossing.
I think that's how the .01% live.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1002  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2015, 1:16 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
I think that's how the .01% live.
Yeah, 0.01% would be about right. Lol!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1003  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2015, 10:14 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,149
What is the $10 million building permit for 3000 Firehall Rd. (YQR) about?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1004  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2015, 11:28 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
What is the $10 million building permit for 3000 Firehall Rd. (YQR) about?
It's probably that big building being built at the south end of the terminal. (Airside ops.)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1005  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 5:45 PM
Robag Robag is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Regina
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
It's probably that big building being built at the south end of the terminal. (Airside ops.)
Do you have any idea what that building is for? Would it be a new hangar, as it directly off of the parking pad area for biz jets and the sort?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1006  
Old Posted Oct 9, 2015, 3:56 AM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
It's probably that big building being built at the south end of the terminal. (Airside ops.)
That was permitted a long while back. This should be something different unless I'm missing something. I was.

Last edited by BrutallyDishonest2; Oct 13, 2015 at 2:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1007  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2015, 3:55 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
Do you have any idea what that building is for? Would it be a new hangar, as it directly off of the parking pad area for biz jets and the sort?
It's not a hangar; it's for airside ops. There will be a pile of new hangars going up on the north side of the field --- including hangars for Air Canada and WestJet.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1008  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2015, 6:24 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,149
Happened to drive by last night when I was at YQR.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1009  
Old Posted Oct 15, 2015, 2:06 AM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,265
The building in the shot above may be 2X the size the photo depicts; the foundation appears to extend further east.. Nice photo Stormer!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1010  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2015, 8:09 AM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,065
Looks like starting October 25th to March 31st 2016, Air Canada mainline has flights to and from Vancouver from YQR using the E90.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1011  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2015, 3:16 PM
Robag Robag is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Regina
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Looks like starting October 25th to March 31st 2016, Air Canada mainline has flights to and from Vancouver from YQR using the E90.
This was discussed earlier in the thread. They will shift back next spring to the CRJ and 2 flights a day as opposed to once per day flight on the E190.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1012  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2015, 7:22 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
This was discussed earlier in the thread. They will shift back next spring to the CRJ and 2 flights a day as opposed to once per day flight on the E190.
Oh! Oops! Must have missed that announcement, thanks. When was the last time Air Canada offered mainline service from Regina (other than to Toronto) ?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1013  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2015, 7:47 PM
Robag Robag is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Regina
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Oh! Oops! Must have missed that announcement, thanks. When was the last time Air Canada offered mainline service from Regina (other than to Toronto) ?
I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing late 80's, early 90's. I remember flying to Calgary on a Dash 8-300 back in 1991. Definitely a long time ago.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1014  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2015, 11:43 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing late 80's, early 90's. I remember flying to Calgary on a Dash 8-300 back in 1991. Definitely a long time ago.
Up until 1991, Air Canada flew mainline from Regina to every destination Regina served. In '91, Air BC started to serve Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg via DHC-8's and BA-146s.

AC served Vancouver with DC-9s up to 2002.

Canadian/Canadian Regional was also in there as well with DHC-8s, Fokker F-28s and B737-200s.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1015  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 1:16 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,265
It's nice to see A320s operating in/out of Regina again.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1016  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 5:37 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,265
The external structure of the first phase of the Airside Ops building is almost complete. I surmise that the structure of the second phase will be going up soon. The airport loop will look dramatically different then.

Furthermore guys, be careful when turning left onto Regina Ave. from the Lewvan northbound. There are four lanes for leaving the airport eastbound out of the airport, whereas there is only ONE lane heading west into the airport.

Huh.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1017  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 7:56 PM
Treesplease Treesplease is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
The external structure of the first phase of the Airside Ops building is almost complete. I surmise that the structure of the second phase will be going up soon. The airport loop will look dramatically different then.

Furthermore guys, be careful when turning left onto Regina Ave. from the Lewvan northbound. There are four lanes for leaving the airport eastbound out of the airport, whereas there is only ONE lane heading west into the airport.

Huh.
Apparently the city expects in migration (immigration) to exceed out migration (emigration) by 4 to 1. Good news.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1018  
Old Posted Nov 1, 2015, 4:40 AM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
Apparently the city expects in migration (immigration) to exceed out migration (emigration) by 4 to 1. Good news.
Good one!!! Lol!

It's too bad that we need to make all-out posts instead of clicking "Like" for such witty responses on here.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1019  
Old Posted Nov 2, 2015, 5:03 PM
Robag Robag is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Regina
Posts: 268
Aircraft Changes

Just to give you guys a heads up, we have had numerous changes regarding the metal that is being flown into YQR now. Here are some of the changes that I know of:

AC YQR - YYZ - 4 E190 per day to 3 A319/320 per day
AC YQR - YVR - 2 CRJ200 per day to 1 E190 per day
AC YQR - YWG - 3 CRJ200 per day to 2 Q400 per day
DL YQR - MSP - 2 CRJ200 per day to 2 CRJ900 per day

So we see 11 flights a day down to 8 flights a day with these changes, however, Westjet begun their seasonal service to Phoenix, Puerto Vallarta, and Cancun, as well as increasing the service to Vegas by 1 per week.

Overall, I think we have seen an increase in aircraft comfort as the CRJ100/200 aircraft are probably the most uncomfortable plane to fly on for the average person. I know most people don't like the idea of flying on props, but for flights between Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg, you don't need anything else. The Q400 is an extremely efficient plane, and they are slightly more comfortable than a CRJ100/200.

Just read in another thread that AC is pulling it's YEG - YQR flights as well. I think Westjet hammered them when they added 3 flights a day on more modern Q400's as opposed the old Dash 8-300.

Last edited by Robag; Nov 2, 2015 at 8:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1020  
Old Posted Nov 2, 2015, 7:20 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,265
Thanks Robag. Well, there will be about the same number of seats available for the Canadian flights listed above, and a dramatic increase of seats (probably 2X) for MSP.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:35 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.