HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2701  
Old Posted May 26, 2017, 1:54 PM
EndoftheBeginning's Avatar
EndoftheBeginning EndoftheBeginning is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 134
From Daryl on Twitter: https://twitter.com/justDarylD

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2702  
Old Posted May 26, 2017, 1:56 PM
EndoftheBeginning's Avatar
EndoftheBeginning EndoftheBeginning is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 134
And current cam for the new page

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2703  
Old Posted May 26, 2017, 2:17 PM
Biff's Avatar
Biff Biff is offline
What could go wrong?
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 5,402
One more floor on Tower 1 and it will be out of the current cam frame.
__________________
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2704  
Old Posted May 26, 2017, 2:38 PM
bomberjet bomberjet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 6,587
Kind of a funny perspective happening with Tower 1. Looks like its leaning to the left and getting wider at the top. Optics.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2705  
Old Posted May 26, 2017, 7:50 PM
bomberjet bomberjet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 6,587
Also, thanks for posting the photo Endof. That's a nice shot form Daryl.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2706  
Old Posted May 26, 2017, 8:15 PM
EndoftheBeginning's Avatar
EndoftheBeginning EndoftheBeginning is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 134
No problem, stumbled across it this morning. Looks like the whoever the photographer was (not me, honest), they may have got onto the site - sneaking or with permission, sho knows.

An angle like that would be much better for the new cam location. Need to see into the site.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2707  
Old Posted May 26, 2017, 9:29 PM
oftheMoon's Avatar
oftheMoon oftheMoon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Exchanger
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoftheBeginning View Post
No problem, stumbled across it this morning. Looks like the whoever the photographer was (not me, honest), they may have got onto the site - sneaking or with permission, sho knows.

An angle like that would be much better for the new cam location. Need to see into the site.
Actually the shot is just from the west side of Carlton as the gates over there were open.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2708  
Old Posted May 26, 2017, 11:22 PM
EndoftheBeginning's Avatar
EndoftheBeginning EndoftheBeginning is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 134
Cool. If that was your photo, thanks for taking it!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2709  
Old Posted May 27, 2017, 3:22 PM
oftheMoon's Avatar
oftheMoon oftheMoon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Exchanger
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoftheBeginning View Post
Cool. If that was your photo, thanks for taking it!
It was yes, you're welcome. Nice to see a different perspective of the development.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2710  
Old Posted May 27, 2017, 4:19 PM
EndoftheBeginning's Avatar
EndoftheBeginning EndoftheBeginning is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 134
Some by me from today - lots of activity on-site (today being Saturday).













Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2711  
Old Posted May 27, 2017, 7:49 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Think about Winnipeg.
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 17,952
Thanks for the photos!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2712  
Old Posted May 27, 2017, 10:07 PM
buzzg buzzg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,993
Walking around there yesterday gave me a few thoughts:

- OMG. This is massive.
- It reallllllly seems like Hargrave is going to end up feeling like a back lane. Won't be much going on on that side of TNS. It's mostly elevators and loading docks.
- It's nice that there's some breathing room there kitty corner to MTS. Will allow people to disperse without clogging up the streets. HOWEVER it's interesting how "hidden the plaza will be from that corner. Looks like you'll barely be able to see it, given the way the buildings lie.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2713  
Old Posted May 28, 2017, 1:00 PM
BigG's Avatar
BigG BigG is offline
Ignore these four words.
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 675
Awesome pics. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2714  
Old Posted May 28, 2017, 1:08 PM
BigG's Avatar
BigG BigG is offline
Ignore these four words.
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Walking around there yesterday gave me a few thoughts:

- OMG. This is massive.
- It reallllllly seems like Hargrave is going to end up feeling like a back lane. Won't be much going on on that side of TNS. It's mostly elevators and loading docks.
- It's nice that there's some breathing room there kitty corner to MTS. Will allow people to disperse without clogging up the streets. HOWEVER it's interesting how "hidden the plaza will be from that corner. Looks like you'll barely be able to see it, given the way the buildings lie.
There's some potential to that strip of Hargrave, if CityPlace would take advantage of it and open up that side with CRUs. I haven't been in there for years and I don't know what businesses are on that side except from what can be seen - CIBC and the Shark Club.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.89171...2!8i6656?hl=en
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2715  
Old Posted May 31, 2017, 12:34 AM
pegaholic pegaholic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 12
after driving down carlton today is it just me or does the actual public space seems kind of small relative to the buildings.. i dont understand how they need over 17 million dollars in public money to help fund it.. What are the benches and water fountain feature going to be made of gold with expensive champagne pouring out of it.

i understand that the lighting and large led display might cost a bit of money but 17 million seems like a lot.. the space seems tiny but it might just look that way because of the all the construction equipment and work going on
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2716  
Old Posted May 31, 2017, 1:19 AM
USA USA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 16
A lot of that money is supposed to pay for the skyways
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2717  
Old Posted May 31, 2017, 5:34 AM
rrskylar's Avatar
rrskylar rrskylar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WINNIPEG
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegaholic View Post
after driving down carlton today is it just me or does the actual public space seems kind of small relative to the buildings.. i dont understand how they need over 17 million dollars in public money to help fund it.. What are the benches and water fountain feature going to be made of gold with expensive champagne pouring out of it.

i understand that the lighting and large led display might cost a bit of money but 17 million seems like a lot.. the space seems tiny but it might just look that way because of the all the construction equipment and work going on
They'll take as much as they can get and we have a mayor and council willing to give it!
__________________
I'm sober enough to know what I'm doing, and drunk enough to really enjoy it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2718  
Old Posted May 31, 2017, 1:37 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Think about Winnipeg.
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 17,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegaholic View Post
after driving down carlton today is it just me or does the actual public space seems kind of small relative to the buildings.. i dont understand how they need over 17 million dollars in public money to help fund it.. What are the benches and water fountain feature going to be made of gold with expensive champagne pouring out of it.

i understand that the lighting and large led display might cost a bit of money but 17 million seems like a lot.. the space seems tiny but it might just look that way because of the all the construction equipment and work going on
I was thinking the same thing... it might be a bit bigger than the courtyard at Lakeview Square but it's on a more or less similarly modest scale. I guess the upside to that is that it won't take much to animate the space, as opposed to a huge area that would probably end up feeling empty most of the time.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2719  
Old Posted May 31, 2017, 1:52 PM
bomberjet bomberjet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 6,587
I have visions of playoff crowds spilling out onto Hargrave and Carlton because the square is full. Oh how blissful!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2720  
Old Posted May 31, 2017, 2:26 PM
robertocarlos robertocarlos is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 452
Playoffs!??
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:11 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.