HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 30, 2007, 4:37 PM
CHACUN SON GOÛT

Quote:
Originally Posted by econgrad View Post
I'll see you downtown Ozone!
We can agree to disagree..Yes Ozone, I have lived in Queens, SF, LA and here. Whooptie doo... That does not make your opinion valid that it is a real city, nor does it make my opinion valid that midtown is kind of boring, and downtown is empty at night. As far as art walks, I can drive to 2nd saturday in 10 minutes, park and walk.. then drive home. Not missing a single thing. The phonies are the ones who continue to praise how great midtown is, and then wonder why no one really wants to spend a ton of money on a 2 bedroom tiny condo. "Live The Grid", give me a break. The only reason midtown is at all happening at night is because people like me (us damn suburbanites) drive to places like Streets of London, or The Park, or 58 degrees, in our cars, and hang out and spend our money. Without us, NONE of those places would even exist because there would be no customers. All this BS about Suburbanites and Urbanites is phony as well. We are all just people who decided what to buy and where to live...All my friends who live in MT, like I once did, sure love to come to my place on a Saturday and use MY pool when it's 100 degrees or more here...maybe I shouldn't let them, stupid Urbanites, I can't believe they even know how to swim.
I am with you econgrad. You described Sacramento in a nutshell. As for "Live the Grid" I chuckled when I saw that for the first time, but at the same time I thought "good for you marketing people", "play it as much as you can". Better to be positive than negative.

I still believe one of the best of features of Sacramento is having a huge Arden Park "estate" with a giant pool, and all those trees. Same goes for Land Park, and all of our other great suburban neighborhoods.

Midtown is very nice and getting better. But it makes me laugh because the density is so small. In my book, its not really "urban" until the neighborhood obtains an average height of 3 to 8 stories. Midtown will never reach that density. Midtown is sort of like an "urban" college town without the University, its sort of like Santa Barbara but not nearly as upscale without the beach and pier. Its "University" is the thousands of state workers that spend their money in the most "urban" of settings Sacramento has to offer.

Back on topic, sorry, didnt realize, this thread is about West Sac after reading econograds post.

Last edited by BrianSac; Sep 30, 2007 at 4:49 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area