HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Comcast Innovation & Technology Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 3, 2014, 11:54 PM

^ Very true. I believe the comcast tower took 8 years or so until ground was broken.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyRising View Post
I'm impressed how fast the whole process has been...I mean they only proposed it last winter and it's already under construction. This has to be a record for Philadelphia.
It may have been "officially proposed" last winter, but the whole idea of building a second tower pretty much came a year after the first tower was completed. It filled up quickly and plans went into motion.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 3:32 PM

Just a reminder that the webcam is here http://phillynews.net/#webcam

And it updates every 10 seconds!

Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 4:49 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

The fenced was open when I walked by today, so I took a pic. The guy looks a bit pissed off about it.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyRising View Post
They also advertised that the units were 1500+ for a one bedroom but that is one that isn't renovated. Once it is the price jumps up. I wasn't too keen on living in that part of CC....but we thought we would investigate it. My office relocates to Newtown Square next spring so I need to keep a car if I live in town.

Were your friends upset over the pool being closed all summer. That would have ticked me off and would ask for discount on the rent.
Some go to the beach a lot on weekends so never really used the pool, but the ones that did use it were pissed. The general consensus seems to be that the Sterling was once an affordable alternative. And that when Comcast is finished and renovations are finished, it will be costlier but nice. But for now stay away.

I wonder what we will see generally as far as rents in that vicinity once Comcast is finished. If we'll really see a renaissance in that area and increased mixed use. I used to work on 17th and market and would never have wanted to live there. But if the residences become nicer and they get a little better retail, the perception of the area may change.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 4:04 AM

I can't even imagine what that Wawa will be like when it is built... That place could use a doubling or even tripling in size.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Some go to the beach a lot on weekends so never really used the pool, but the ones that did use it were pissed. The general consensus seems to be that the Sterling was once an affordable alternative. And that when Comcast is finished and renovations are finished, it will be costlier but nice. But for now stay away.

I wonder what we will see generally as far as rents in that vicinity once Comcast is finished. If we'll really see a renaissance in that area and increased mixed use. I used to work on 17th and market and would never have wanted to live there. But if the residences become nicer and they get a little better retail, the perception of the area may change.
They will be adding the residential next to the Blue Cross Building. That should cost a pretty penny. I'd imagine it will be similiar priced to the Murano. It should also add some nice ground floor retail.

But it doesn't seem like they are in a rush to move on that project. It may be a good thing if demand goes up. Its such a prime lot to "waste" 400 ft on. 700 should be the min, imo in such a location.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 9:13 PM

Checking up on it today it seems like the whole east side periemeter i beams are in place into the ground. And it also looks like there digging down lower another 7 feet at the northern end.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 7:24 PM
Realtor

Posted some pics on the building philly facebook page today. Nice to see things progressing along.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2014, 2:37 AM

Update from Lincolndrive

More photos here:
https://www.facebook.com/BuildingPhilly

Old Posted Aug 11, 2014, 11:29 AM

Unwillingly parked at the adjacent corner this morning. No time for pics, but the progress continues to be remarkable. They are down about 10ft along sides and 15 feet in a good portion of the center. Its a steady flow of dump trucks in and out of the site from about 7:30ish usually.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2014, 1:26 PM

Yeah its crazy at the amount of progress done.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2014, 4:17 PM

Old Posted Aug 12, 2014, 2:54 AM

I just recently came across skyscraperpage, thought I would join in on the conversation! I love Philly and It's great to see the construction boom our city is experiencing. CITC will be a superb addition.

Quick question (apologies if its already been mentioned) Does anyone have any idea how many feet the CITC crew will dig down before we start to see major structural construction? I was in LA recently and noticed the deep pit the Wilshire Grand project was sitting on, will it be comparable?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2014, 1:29 PM

@Jawn There is going to be a parking structure under the building and bedrock is about 60 feet below ground I believe, so there will be a decent a hole there.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2014, 1:33 PM

Someone made the CTIC in Minecraft, it looks better than in the renderings Foster put out.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/proje...comcast-tower/

Heres a pic

Old Posted Aug 12, 2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
They will be adding the residential next to the Blue Cross Building. That should cost a pretty penny. I'd imagine it will be similiar priced to the Murano. It should also add some nice ground floor retail.

But it doesn't seem like they are in a rush to move on that project. It may be a good thing if demand goes up. Its such a prime lot to "waste" 400 ft on. 700 should be the min, imo in such a location.
I agree.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly13 View Post
Someone made the CTIC in Minecraft, it looks better than in the renderings Foster put out.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/proje...comcast-tower/

Heres a pic
That's incredible! Someone did a great job!

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 11:00 AM

I believe they may go down 40 feet or so.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 1:00 PM
Realtor

I posted some updates yesterday on the building philly Facebook page. Cruising along nicely

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture