Old Posted Dec 19, 2010, 4:09 AM

Follow the progress !

OSM (03/07/2010-17/12/2010) -Part 2-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqQGXnvk-Tw

Old Posted Dec 19, 2010, 6:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big T View Post
Cool, we were neighbours then.
I always wondered what it was like inside? From the street it sure looks like it's seen better days, and quite a few units have tinfoil all over the windows... not exactly the most engaging first impression.
The view must be pretty unique though if you're high enough and facing south.
It was actually not bad at all on the inside. Everything was up-kept for the most part, the hallways were nice and clean with carpets and lamps. The janitor was pretty cool and very helpful. I was on the 9th floor looking south so the view wasn't much. We had a nice view of the oratory though.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2010, 2:57 AM
The Vomit Bag.

^I enjoyed my view of the Oratory from the rooftop patio on my building (corner Victoria and Chemin de la Cote St. Luc). I could see Ontario, New York State, Vermont, as well as Sainte Anne de Bellevue, Sorel, Downtown Montreal, Laval, etc. when the air was clear.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2010, 3:16 AM

"Cette ville que j'aime pour son grand cœur, derrière laquelle on cache nos peurs, tu m'as fait oublier mes erreurs, St-Viateur je t'aime comme une sœur, Oh Montréal.....Québec."

Joey Cape
Video Link

Old Posted Dec 31, 2010, 6:54 PM
MTL♥

anyone know whats happening with the giffintown towers?? those 2x 60 storey ?...... I hope its not cancelled.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2010, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.S MTL View Post
anyone know whats happening with the giffintown towers?? those 2x 60 storey ?...... I hope its not cancelled.
Are you serious? This was a "fantasy" proposal from the start and it never went further than that.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2010, 8:09 PM

2x60 storeys in Montreal...I think you've been hitting the bottle a little early in your new year's celebrations, seriously the project that's been announced over 6 months ago calls for towers (one or two) no more than 20 floors high and in typical Montreal fashion even this project seems to be going nowhere

Old Posted Jan 1, 2011, 12:30 AM
Utilisateur enregistré

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.John View Post
2x60 storeys in Montreal...I think you've been hitting the bottle a little early in your new year's celebrations, seriously the project that's been announced over 6 months ago calls for towers (one or two) no more than 20 floors high and in typical Montreal fashion even this project seems to be going nowhere
G.S MTL is talking about another project : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=580317

However, it is true that is was not a serious project at all. Rockland Hakim was just trying to raise the land value.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2011, 1:21 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.S MTL View Post
Is that the project called pieinthesky?

Old Posted Jan 1, 2011, 2:20 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Is that the project called pieinthesky?
The tentative name was 'Sore Thumb Towers' as they would have stood out as such: two of the most disasterous examples of poor Montréal planning since the 60's, 70's, 80's. Or Toronto today.

Plus, they would have had to post 24 hour guards to shoo away the dozen or so height fetishists who would gather to masturbate in the courtyard. The ones who can't afford the flight to Dubai or China to satisfy their 'needs'!

Old Posted Jan 1, 2011, 3:46 AM
Closed account

One of my favourite Montréal love songs:

Video Link

Old Posted Jan 1, 2011, 4:01 AM

the Quebecois stairway to heaven
Video Link

Old Posted Jan 1, 2011, 4:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.John View Post
the Quebecois stairway to heaven
Video Link
He should move to the Waste-Island and maybe they would threat to separate... which would be...anyhow !

Old Posted Jan 6, 2011, 4:18 AM
The good old days are now

Video about the new 40-floor Marriott Hotel project on René-Lévesque:
http://tvanouvelles.ca/video/le-groupe-canvar-s'appr%C3%AAte-%C3%A0-construire-un.../739544311001

Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 7:00 AM
MTL♥

wow!!! 40 etages!!!! honestly a 135m tower would b nice ..

Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 7:34 AM
MTL♥

some Altoria News in Novembver 2010

http://www.lesaffaires.com/secteurs-...toria/520872/1

So it will be built!

Can someone update the Montreal diagrams...Under Construction etc....

Old Posted Jan 10, 2011, 4:09 PM
Editor

I'm not sure if you've seen this already. Thought I'd post it here for you guys.

Demand for new Montreal office tower growing, report says

http://www.montrealgazette.com/busin...116/story.html

Old Posted Jan 10, 2011, 7:22 PM
Homo Platoregimontis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLskyline View Post
Video about the new 40-floor Marriott Hotel project on René-Lévesque:
http://tvanouvelles.ca/video/le-groupe-canvar-s'appr%C3%AAte-%C3A0-construire-un.../739544311001
Trois erreurs que je retiens de ce reportage : tout d'abord, quand le chef d'antenne affirme que la construction commencera en 2011 alors que selon moi dès lors qu'on en est à l'étape de la "stabilisation des sols" comme l'affirme les journaliste dans son topo on peut considérer que la construction a déjà commencé puisque c'est déjà un chantier. Puis, l'échéance des travaux : automne 2012. C'est impossible !! Ça prendra au moins six mois pour voir la tour sortir de terre : alors ça me surprendrait qu'on puisse finir la tour en moins de six mois après ça. De plus on sait que l'échéancier annoncé prévoit que l'édifice sera terminé à l'automne 2012. Troisièmement, le journaliste n'a même pas été capable de nommer correctement l'autre autel construit par Canvar l'appelant le Hilton Garden Hotel.
De plus, son texte est mal formulé laissant entendre que l'hotel pourrait se trouver au-dessus des étages d'appartements alors que l'hotel sera dans le podium (ou basiliaire si vous préférez) : la tour sera occupée exclusivement par les appartements. Cela n'est pas à proprement parlé un erreur mais une mauvaise formulation par un journaliste qui ne sait pas faire son travail correctement : TVA a dû envoyer un petit nouveau pour faire ce topo. Pour ma part, je considère qu'il n'a pas passé le test.
De plus, le reportage date du 5 janvier 2011 et des évocations du futur édifice sont connu depuis plus de deux semaines : ces évocations ont été mises en ligne sur mtlurbs depuis le 20 décembre 2010. Comment se fait-il que Canvar n'ait pas cru bon de fournir ces documents au journaliste de TVA (qui n'a sans doute pas osé en demander !!??)

évocations : http://www.mtlurb.com/forums/showthr...©tages/page49

Ce chef d'antenne et ce journaliste ont tous les deux manqué de rigueur mais puisque ça vient de TVA ça ne me surprend pas !!

Come to see our SC4 cities at http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums/af....php?forum=vil
or here : http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=117089

Last edited by yarabundi; Jan 10, 2011 at 7:41 PM.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2011, 10:56 PM

So that makes 4 reasonably high towers confirmed to be (or being) U/C at the same time in Montreal in 2011: 40 (Marriott), 33 (Altitude), 33 (Altoria) and 31 (Évolo) floors. And if we're lucky the construction of the W-A (34 floors) will also start this summer as expected. It's been a while since we saw so many towers being built at the same time in this city.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2011, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
So that makes 4 reasonably high towers confirmed to be (or being) U/C at the same time in Montreal in 2011: 40 (Marriott), 33 (Altitude), 33 (Altoria) and 31 (Évolo) floors. And if we're lucky the construction of the W-A (34 floors) will also start this summer as expected. It's been a while since we saw so many towers being built at the same time in this city.
The first tower of Symphonia is 26 floors and should also start in 2011; plus Triomphe (21 floors) on Drummond; the two first towers of District Griffin, at 20 floors each; and the the third tower of the Seville project, also 20 floors. Not very high, but still.

Last edited by Martin Mtl; Jan 11, 2011 at 1:09 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal