HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 4:12 PM
你的媽媽

^ Is that a parking garage project with midrise office and residential thrown in? 1900 space parking podium + 5 story garage... all 1 block away from a metro station. Yikes.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Umm, they've had a 6 year run where the highest level of success they've reached is losing in the Western Conference semis. They haven't even gotten to the Western Conference Finals. If that's your definition of success, you've got pretty low standards.
We aren't discussing their success on the court, we are mostly focusing on their success on the court and their viability in LA. In that area, they've been success, more so than most teams in the league.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughfb3 View Post
How is sports and sports infrastructure not on topic? Just like people who discuss retail and restaurants on here, sports should definitely be discussed.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 6:11 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

It's related if it ladders up directly to development. The debate over teams drawing fans really isn't related to any specific development as the stadium is already under construction and being built regardless of win/loss records of the teams. So the majority of that last conversation is indeed off topic.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
It's related if it ladders up directly to development. The debate over teams drawing fans really isn't related to any specific development as the stadium is already under construction and being built regardless of win/loss records of the teams. So the majority of that last conversation is indeed off topic.
But I've seen people discuss the performance of stores on broadway or any of those streets and haven't seen them get called out.

Point taken though.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 10:18 PM

The progress on Century Plaza Towers seems to be very slow. I don't think they are going to meet the "end of 2018" opening date if they haven't started any construction above ground. All the visible work so far are the rehab of original Century Plaza Hotel building.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
The progress on Century Plaza Towers seems to be very slow. I don't think they are going to meet the "end of 2018" opening date if they haven't started any construction above ground. All the visible work so far are the rehab of original Century Plaza Hotel building.
Definitely not going to be finished by end of 2018, but they are doing massive excavation work behind the hotel as site prep for the towers.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 5:15 PM

Are the zoning laws there strict?

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 6:30 PM

Unfortunately the Chinese developers are in full retreat mode. Between the Govt crackdown on fund outflows overseas to slow sales, we might have seen the last project start from them for a while. Cases in point-

Wanda One Beverly Hills project had site prep going on for many weeks but work came to a halt a few months back and has been dead ever since.

Now this, Greenland has bailed out of NoHo-

https://therealdeal.com/la/2017/11/1...-noho-project/

Slow condo sales at Greenland downtown could be ominous for that whole zone.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve8263 View Post
Unfortunately the Chinese developers are in full retreat mode. Between the Govt crackdown on fund outflows overseas to slow sales, we might have seen the last project start from them for a while. Cases in point-

Wanda One Beverly Hills project had site prep going on for many weeks but work came to a halt a few months back and has been dead ever since.

Now this, Greenland has bailed out of NoHo-

https://therealdeal.com/la/2017/11/1...-noho-project/

Slow condo sales at Greenland downtown could be ominous for that whole zone.

Please show any evidence of slow sales at Metropolis. I hate this nonsense that keeps on circulating without any evidence

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 7:46 PM

I readily admit to having no evidence other than what was written in the last sentence of that article. I hope they are wrong.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 7:50 PM

It would be better if they were indeed wrong.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 8:34 PM

If there is any form of slow down with Metropolis, that might be a good thing.

If I remember correctly, Greenland was advertising Metropolis heavily in China and pretty much giving them first dibs on the condos and etc. People on here were mad saying "Metropolis is going to end up being a ghost project for people to park their money but not to actually live in it".

Well. If China is serious about its crackdown on the flow of assets/investments leaving the country, that might be the reasoning for any form of slow down with this specific project. I remember at one point tower 1? 2? (The first residential tower) was at like 60% taken before it was even topped out but mostly to foreign, Chinese, buyers. So. If they aren't buying anymore, that means we have a better chance of getting that project filled with people who actually live here. If that makes sense.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
We aren't discussing their success on the court, we are mostly focusing on their success on the court and their viability in LA. In that area, they've been success, more so than most teams in the league.
I've been gone for a few days, and I see that the whole convo has been deleted, however, if this is in response to my comment. Just to clarify before people get excited and twist things around. I wasn't talking about the Clippers success rate. I simply said "Its not fun playing in a City/Stadium/Arena with another team that's already getting the job done" which is true, one of the biggest complaints by Clipper players is playing under all of those Laker banners.

Last edited by caligrad; Dec 2, 2017 at 9:15 AM.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 9:08 PM

Anything written by Costar needs to be taken with a grain of salt

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 9:15 PM

Anyone have information on the project pushing dirt at Hoover and James M Wood?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2017, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
How is sports and sports infrastructure not on topic? Just like people who discuss retail and restaurants on here, sports should definitely be discussed.
Thank you

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 4:42 PM

And poof, Wanda's gone and the retreat grows-

Wanda lists One Beverly Hills for sale

The project has been experiencing turmoil since the Chinese government tightened its controls on overseas spending

https://therealdeal.com/la/2017/11/1...ojects-for-5b/

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 1:19 AM

Edition on Sunset today

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolchak View Post
Edition on Sunset Blvd today :

That one is so small that I need a magnifying glass.

edit

That is better. Thanks.

Real DTLA Development Group

Last edited by black_crow; Nov 23, 2017 at 1:37 AM.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2017, 9:46 AM

Question

https://urbanize.la/post/first-look-...oulevard-hotel

Whatever happened to this project? Its nothing fancy and pretty much a "Sh** Box", BUT, i was excited about it because its right in the center of the lack luster stretch of Hollywood blvd, the section between Highland and Cahuenga, which we all know needs an injection of life someway/how. But i see CIM is behind it so maybe they put it on hold? i was in the area a few weeks back and dont remember seeing anything happening, especially for a project thats supposed to be completed next month.

Speaking of CIM, any news on their Spaghetti factory tower ? If they are forced to Demo it, that would be a huge waste. Seeing how their tower downtown just topped out? , I would assume they have a plan for that tower in Hollywood as well? or is it completely out of their hands at this point?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations