HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 6:31 PM

ElevenNorth on 11th Ave North in the Gulch is currently built up to the first floor. It is a wood frame structure so I would assume 2 to a max of 4 stories for the complex. I was hoping for something with more bang but take the infill for what it is. They have a website but no renderings that I've ever been able to locate.

http://www.elevennorth.com/#

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 6:55 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
ElevenNorth on 11th Ave North in the Gulch is currently built up to the first floor. It is a wood frame structure so I would assume 2 to a max of 4 stories for the complex. I was hoping for something with more bang but take the infill for what it is. They have a website but no renderings that I've ever been able to locate.

http://www.elevennorth.com/#
It sucks that they haven't put out a rendering, and the only details given were brick, hardie board siding, stucco, and metal panels. Lol...there's a lot that can be done with that. As long as it doesn't turn out looking like the Rhythm, I'll be happy (and no corny spires like Velocity has).

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 11:53 PM

The hotel proposed for 2400 West End Ave in Midtown (drawing on previous page) is set to start in March containing a total of 222 rooms as well as a wine bar fronting West End. It is currently the site of FYE, no word on where FYE will relocate to. This is to be a 2-phased project, the first being an 8-story 161 room tower and then another 8-story building containing 61 rooms. Plans also call for an 8-story underground parking garage. There is no information on what brand this development will be.

Article from last year:
http://nashvillepost.com/news/2010/1...r_records_site

Last edited by futuresooner; Oct 27, 2011 at 12:27 AM.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2011, 12:03 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Hyatt has proposed 13 story 255 room hotel is in the works for SoBro. This will be some great infill and add to the street level activity in the area. They are hoping to break ground next spring.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/1...otel_for_sobro

Old Posted Oct 28, 2011, 1:17 AM

I was led to believe elsewhere that Hyatt Place was plain-looking. It actually looks pretty sharp.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2011, 1:30 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
I was led to believe elsewhere that Hyatt Place was plain-looking. It actually looks pretty sharp.
I'm pleased with it also, although I do think the stucco would look better as one or the other, probably the darker.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2011, 1:44 AM
Future God

Here is a rendering for another new Hyatt Place Hotel being built in Austin:

http://www.statesman.com/multimedia/...ce_622974c.jpg

way to be creative Hyatt

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 28, 2011, 2:07 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

I didn't read your post at first so I was like "hell yeah there's a larger image"...but as far as an identical design, I guess its the old practice of sticking with what you know.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2011, 3:39 AM

Just saw this on the news tonight, this city truly seems to be on fire right now in terms of urban infill developments. Austin and Nashville seem to have yet another piece in common, booming core development. Now, if only Nashville could get more residential high rises like Austin then we'd be on a roll.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2011, 3:50 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
I didn't read your post at first so I was like "hell yeah there's a larger image"...but as far as an identical design, I guess its the old practice of sticking with what you know.
Haha, yeah I'm definitely not complaining. It's a nice design and as you said it will provide some excellent in-fill in SoBro. I just thought it was funny because I was sure I had already seen that rendering before, and then I realized...

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 28, 2011, 4:31 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Just saw this on the news tonight, this city truly seems to be on fire right now in terms of urban infill developments. Austin and Nashville seem to have yet another piece in common, booming core development. Now, if only Nashville could get more residential high rises like Austin then we'd be on a roll.
I know! Its like everyday when I get home I expect to see a new development proposal. We are getting spoiled. The Gulch and SoBro will be really nice in the next few years.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2011, 3:06 AM

High-end dealership coming to Cool Springs

Nashville has apparently registered on the radar of a select few brand of cars and now a dealership is coming to the metro area. The dealership will be called Maserati of Nashville and will sell that brand, as well as Rolls Royce and Bentley. Completion of the refurbed dealership is for early next month with grand opening on the 18th.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15...n-in-nashville

Old Posted Oct 30, 2011, 10:47 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Metro finance director sees need for more hotel hotel space in SoBro

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/1...space_in_sobro

Hopefully we will see some news on the "rumored" hotel and it will have some height with it.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 12:27 AM

Of course there is the rumor of a hotel going south of the MCC, right acros Korean Vets Blvd. Apparently this is the site of the much rumored Peabody Hotel. We'll see if it comes to fruition or not because there are a whole slew of hotels either approved or under construction now stretching from Midtown to SoBro.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 1:42 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Of course there is the rumor of a hotel going south of the MCC, right acros Korean Vets Blvd. Apparently this is the site of the much rumored Peabody Hotel. We'll see if it comes to fruition or not because there are a whole slew of hotels either approved or under construction now stretching from Midtown to SoBro.
Aside from available land and developers wanting to develop a certain area, its hard to understand why the city would not be pushing hard for hotels in the direct vicinity of the MCC. Its not like we have a light rail system in place that people can jump on and travel 20 blocks in 5 minutes.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 3:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
Aside from available land and developers wanting to develop a certain area, its hard to understand why the city would not be pushing hard for hotels in the direct vicinity of the MCC. Its not like we have a light rail system in place that people can jump on and travel 20 blocks in 5 minutes.
not yet at least

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 2:22 PM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
not yet at least
That's right. The City should announce details regarding a proposed transportation corridor from East Nashville to the West End and Belle Meade area 'this year'.

Quote:
...the project team is continuing to evaluate the various modes (modern streetcar, light rail, and bus rapid transit) and possible alignments throughout the corridor. In addition, work continues on the development of ridership forecasts and a land use and economic analysis. Once completed, the results of this evaluation and the recommended alternative will be presented to the public later this year.
The areas being studied includes these..

A more detailed map is here.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 3:29 PM

Nash. Int'l opens new rental garage

While across town at Nashville Int'l (BNA) they're preparing to open their new rental car garage adjacent to the main parking garage for the terminal. This will help streamline the process and those wanting a rental will not have to board a bus and travel 3/4 of a mile or so to the south side of the airport to pick one up.

"Rental-car customers returning vehicles to Nashville International Airport starting Tuesday will be directed by signs to a new drop-off location as the airport opens a $70 million consolidated rental-car garage.

The garage, under construction since February 2010, increases space at the airport for 2,400 rental cars, up from 1,400, and will accommodate the vehicles of nine rental agencies.

But perhaps more important for local users of the airport, moving the rental cars to their own building will open 600 spaces on the first level of the short-term parking garage, which is where the rentals have been stored."

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...xt|FRONTPAGE|p

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 3:36 PM

Fairly good article on MarketStreet's plans for the 1.5 mil sq. ft. of office space for the Gulch and its potential impact on the downtown market, as well as its potential to compete with Cool Springs.

"When Gulch impresarios MarketStreet Enterprises and Cool Springs office giants Spectrum/Emery announced they were teaming up to develop five top-notch office properties, it raised an
important, if basic, question.

What happens when 1.5 million square feet of office is dropped into a market?

Over time, the MarketStreet/Spectrum/Emery partnership plans to construct buildings ranging from 100,000 square feet to 600,000 square feet on 11th and 12th avenues as well as Division Street. Combined, they will hold as much office space as is in the Regions Center, the Pinnacle at Symphony Place and Cummins Station combined."

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/conten...owntown-market

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 3:34 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
That's right. The City should announce details regarding a proposed transportation corridor from East Nashville to the West End and Belle Meade area 'this year'.

The areas being studied includes these..

A more detailed map is here.
Hopefully the city will look and plan toward the future. I would love to see light rail or modern street cars. I know the city is taking "baby steps" on this idea, but no mention of rail to the airport? I understand that Nashville doesn't have a high number of people traveling between the airport and downtown, but nothing is more annoying than not having a way to get from the airport to downtown of a city.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations