HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > SSP: Local Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Hamilton Grand in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Hamilton Skyscraper Diagram

View Full Map

Old Posted Jul 17, 2013, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohamilton View Post
I'm sure Stinson projects have been discussed for years here.

I always understood that residential condo developers proceed on construction once they reach a threshold level of pre-sales.

Is there a core, fundamental flaw in his business plan? Endless red-tape at City Hall? Or is lack of financing/pre-sales at the heart of his endless delays?
Nobody trusts Stinson with their money.

It's unfortunate, because he has some great ideas and is a real Hamilton booster. But speaking for myself, I support his ideas and wish him the best, but I wouldn't go as far as putting up my hard earned money for one of his projects.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2013, 4:07 PM

I think Stinson's biggest obstacle with Hamilton development has been his timing.

He started at the worst possible time here right when the economy tanked and it was near impossible to obtain financing for anything, never mind the trailblazing condo developments in Hamilton at that time.

Good on him for sticking it out, with all that risk.

I hope the more recent momentum and improving economy helps him succeed with the Stinson School and Hamilton Grand.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2013, 1:33 AM

Stinson's issues predate his flight to Hamilton and the financial crash.

As has been said on here ad nauseum, he's got no money and nobody trusts him. And frankly, his ideas do very little for me: the school's a fine concept; the Hamilton Grand's weird at best; and the 100 storey Connaught thing, well...

His Toronto projects were pretty good, though again, he scurried out of that city with his turtleneck pulled well up over his face.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > SSP: Local Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton