HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Sep 2, 2012, 4:39 AM

Low cost Mexican airline Volaris will begin 2x weekly Sacramento - Guadalajara service starting Nov. 15th.

Via Twitter:
Volaris comenzara operaciones a Sacramento, California a partir del 15 de Noviembre de este año, desde Guadalajara, México.

Service will be Tuesday and Thursday
Leaving SMF : 12:15am
Arriving GDL: 6:00 am

Apparently airline officials feel there is a big market for this route. AeroMexico and Alaska Airlines already fly to Guadalajara.

Last edited by Pistola916; Sep 2, 2012 at 6:44 AM.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2012, 7:15 AM

frontiers 2 flights to denver go byebye jan 7......another airline bites the dust

Old Posted Jun 24, 2013, 4:07 AM

Another major construction will be underway early next year. Sonenblick Industries will be building a double branded hotel(Marriott and Hyatt) right next to the Sacramento International airport. It looks like it's going to be a pair of midsize building, one for a 200room hotel with conference space and restaurant and the other one with a limited service 135 room hotel.

Mixing brand families
If one strong brand family can generate a lot of business for a hotel, then two families can do even better. That’s the philosophy Robert Sonnenblick took as he started development of a dual-hotel project at the Sacramento International Airport.

Sonnenblick, who is president of Los Angeles-based Sonnenblick Development, is completing designs for a proposed 1 January groundbreaking on the project outside of baggage claim at the new $1-billion Sacramento airport terminal that opened in October 2011.

http://www.hotelnewsnow.com/articles...branded-hotels

Old Posted Jun 25, 2013, 2:46 AM

That's good I guess.. but anything that isn't built downtown is another strike against "what could be."

Old Posted Jun 25, 2013, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAGeoNerd View Post
That's good I guess.. but anything that isn't built downtown is another strike against "what could be."
I do not see it that way. Airport hotels are something completely different. And considering how far out and away the airport is from the nearest hotels I think it makes total sense. The only problem is that it's not in the city limits so we can't collect taxes. This great news for our airport.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2013, 9:00 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Did any B747 or B777 make diverted stops in SMF the other day? That reminds me that 2,400 ft extension to 16L/34R seems to have been forgotten.

EDIT: Found in their 10/30/12 doc
– Challenges: environmental to the north, light rail/roadway/environmental
to the south

Old Posted Jul 9, 2013, 10:46 AM
CHACUN SON GOÛT

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Did any B747 or B777 make diverted stops in SMF the other day? That reminds me that 2,400 ft extension to 16L/34R seems to have been forgotten.

EDIT: Found in their 10/30/12 doc
– Challenges: environmental to the north, light rail/roadway/environmental
to the south
YES

Terminal B - United 747-400 from Paris, Singapore Airlines 777 from Singapore, SAS (Scandinavia Air) 340 from Copenhagen, United 767 from Tokyo, Air Canada A320 don't know from where (if someone knows post it)

Terminal A - several other 737s or smaller - United and U.S. Air flights.

After passengers deboarded, The United 747-400 did a short run take-off from the older shorter runway. It was Paris bound with no passengers.

Last edited by BrianSac; Jul 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2013, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSac View Post
YES

Terminal B - United 747-400 from Paris, Singapore Airlines 777 from Singapore, SAS (Scandinavia Air) 340 from Copenhagen, United 767 from Tokyo, Air Canada A320 don't know from where (if someone knows post it)

After passengers deboarded, The United 747-400 did a short run take-off from the older shorter runway.
Shorter? Well it is shorter by one foot I guess:

Sacramento International Airport covers 6,000 acres[6] (22 km²) and has two runways:
Runway 16L/34R: 8,601 x 150 ft. (2,622 x 46 m), Surface: Concrete
Runway 16R/34L: 8,600 x 150 ft. (2,621 x 46 m), Surface: Asphalt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrame...tional_Airport

Old Posted Jul 11, 2013, 5:46 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSac View Post
YES

After passengers deboarded, The United 747-400 did a short run take-off from the older shorter runway. It was Paris bound with no passengers.
Are you sure the UA B747 deboarded? I found the following "UAL886 RJBB-KSFO diverted to KSMF due to the Asiana plane crash. Due to customs limitations at Sacramento, passengers and crew were not allowed to disembark. The aircraft then departed for KLAX.
Along with the 747-400, diversions at SMF included an SAS A340, Singapore 777, and a United 767."

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 2:19 AM
CHACUN SON GOÛT

Quote:
Are you sure the UA B747 deboarded? I found the following "UAL886 RJBB-KSFO diverted to KSMF due to the Asiana plane crash. Due to customs limitations at Sacramento, passengers and crew were not allowed to disembark. The aircraft then departed for KLAX.
Along with the 747-400, diversions at SMF included an SAS A340, Singapore 777, and a United 767."
Absolutely sure. We saw the passengers get of the tram. I was chatting with a French guy who was waiting for his daughter to deboard. I helped one of the passengers find her way to the taxi stand so she could get to the Amtrak station downtown to catch a train to the Bay Area.

Initial reports were that they were going to leave all the passengers on the 747, 777, 767, but they brought in the Sacramento Customs crew in earlier than usual to handle them.

News crews were interviewing the passengers and it was on the news about the 16 diverted flights.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2013, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAGeoNerd View Post
Uh, you DO NOT want to build an airport too close to downtown.

Old Posted May 11, 2014, 1:44 AM

Wow so few airlines now

You would think all the airlines could fit in terminal B now..........

AeroMexico
Alaska
American
Delta
Frontier
Hawaiian
Horizon
Southwest
United
US Air for now
Volaris

Old Posted May 11, 2014, 5:41 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web View Post
You would think all the airlines could fit in terminal B now..........

AeroMexico
Alaska
American
Delta
Frontier
Hawaiian
Horizon
Southwest
United
US Air for now
Volaris
How about JetBlue?

Old Posted May 11, 2014, 6:07 PM

Quote:
How about JetBlue?
ouch sorry and Jetblue

some of these Airlines are single Gaters part time so I bet it could fit.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2014, 7:21 AM

Has anybody heard anything new about the Green Line?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2014, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnclearColt View Post
Has anybody heard anything new about the Green Line?
I'm assuming you mean the DNA part of the green line. I think they can't do anything until the Natomas building moratorium is lifted.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2014, 10:10 PM
Hindrance to Development

Right--and then there are just the minor obstacles of building a bridge over the American River, and the potential resistance of North Natomas residents.

Why is it that we always get Natomas' flood risk category adjusted during drought years?

Old Posted Jun 12, 2014, 5:37 PM

I couldn't find any articles on it, but it looks like Compass Airlines is now flying the Sacramento-LA route operating as Delta Connection using Embraer 175s

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 2:40 PM
From Da Bay to Sacto

In regards to the flood zone changes, it seems like it's during the drought years but that's probably more of a coincidence than anything else. The effort to the have Natomas basin remapped as a different floodzone has been an on going effort since Katrina happened. I'm sure a lot of people have seen the levee work being done on Garden Highway and have heard about the new funding the Fed Gov't approved to finish the levee work on that part of the levee system for Natomas. It takes time obviously, so flood zone changes happen when certain criteria have been met. Now, it will probably be next year until Natomas is remapped into a different flood zone. After that there could still be another re map once all the levees for the Natomas basin are up to the 200 year standards they are trying to meet. If that happens, then most likely the Natomas Basin wont be in a 100 year floodzone anymore, but that doesn't mean flooding isn't an issue. All it takes is one good storm to cause damage, and if a levee were to break in Natomas, well then we'd have our version of Katrina.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 3:02 PM

Developing North Natomas, a bad idea from the start, made much worst by a pathetic city council unwilling to stick to the 'approved' community development plan which would have at least made Natomas more transit friendly and less of an stupidly out-dated carmageddon nightmare. One more thing we can thank Heather Fargo for.

BTW back on topic..anyone know what's going on with the hotel at the aeroport?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area