HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 6:48 AM
Dérive-r

While I like the idea of having a larger ice rink, what is supposed to happen when it rains (as is very common in the winter)? Parts of the rink are undercover while the other parts are either melting from the rain or accumulating more ice as the rain water freezes (or maybe neither, I'm not too familiar with what happens when rain falls on artificially cooled ice). Some sort of extended roof or temporary shelter is going to be a necessity for the numerous rainy winter days we will have while this thing is operational.

Also, I find one thing a bit odd about that small rendering above... the rink is only supposed to be operational in the winter and yet there are leaves on the trees and what appears to possibly be pink flowers?! Perhaps in early spring when things start growing back the rink won't be shut down yet?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues