HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 30, 2006, 7:20 PM

^actually, according to EastBayHardCore the crane is up... this was from the bay area construction tidbits thread a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBayHardCore
Drove into the city yesterday for the first time in a few months and I noticed that there's a big yellow crane at 300 Spear. It'll still probably be a good while before that deep basement gets completed and we start to see the structure going up.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2006, 10:05 PM

Webcor Construction's update...

UPDATE
Excavation is complete for over 50 percent of project footprint, and after 7 months of digging, the sight of smooth concrete can be seen gradually overtaking the mud and rock at the bottom of the hole. The first tower crane was erected on a weekend that began with torrents of rain, but ended ,with bright California sunshine.

In the next few weeks, the project will be installing reinforcement for the mat foundation. Excavation and shoring will also continue along the West wall, with soil nail drilling and off-hauling taking turns due to the dwindling size of the dirt mound on which to work. A second tower crane will be installed once the remainder of the dirt near bottom.

As more subcontractors join the project and the Concrete group’s own workforce grows, Webcor will need to employ creative ways to utilize the scant and precious real estate around the jobsite. Preliminary plans for generating laydown space include platforms cantilevering over the hole and 2nd-level decks built above storage boxes. The jobsite boundary also expands by extending into a lane of traffic on three sides each day, but contracts back to a tighter space at night. The limited space is just among one of the unique challenges of working in a high-density metropolitan neighborhood which the team faces.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2006, 8:09 PM

Update for March 7 from webcor

The portion under the Main Street Tower of the 300 Spear project can now be seen steadily rising up out of the foundation.

Crews have been busy assembling the self-climbing formwork system which will form the core walls of the tower. This self climbing system has double-decked platforms on which to work, and lifts itself with hydraulic jacks, eliminating the need for crane assistance.

The mat under the Main St. Midrise was completed in the project’s 2nd successful all-night concrete pour, leaving only 2 more mat pours. Rat slabs and hold downs have been installed on the remainder of the site, and daily shotcrete operations to place the 5-story structural perimeter wall are under way as well

Old Posted Mar 7, 2006, 10:31 PM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

Very nice! I like it a lot!

Old Posted Mar 9, 2006, 6:32 AM

I can't believe how deep that pit is. It's something like 8 levels of parking down there. I guess all the residential units need their 2 parking spaces.
Diagrams | SVMetro Blog | "Urban planning, whether based in projects, plans, or process, works only when the results are feasible simultaneously in physical, functional, financial, and political ways. Having merely one or two of these feasibilities just won't work" --Alexander Garvin

Old Posted Mar 9, 2006, 5:46 PM
Proud upstanding member

I thought I had read it was 50 feet deep.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2006, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cheat
I can't believe how deep that pit is. It's something like 8 levels of parking down there. I guess all the residential units need their 2 parking spaces.
The architect says 5 basement levels and 777 parking spaces for 655 Units a ratio of 1.2.

http://www.hellermanus.com/portfolio...%22%24H4%24%0A

Old Posted Mar 15, 2006, 3:38 AM

I was reading the construction article in Fed 2006. It sounds like foundation work still did not begin at that point. Did actual foundation work not begin until 2006??
Vista Tower, Chicago 1,1199 ft UC 45 Broad St, New York 1,115 ft UC
9 DeKalb Ave, New York 1,066 ft 53W53, New York 1,050 ft UC

Old Posted Mar 15, 2006, 4:15 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

kazpmk, your signature exceeds the maximum length of five lines.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2006, 6:05 AM

Up up up and out of the hole….

Courtesy of http://www.sfnewdevelopments.com/blog/

Old Posted Apr 26, 2006, 9:34 PM
Here we stAy

Sweeeeeeet.

Old Posted May 2, 2006, 3:12 AM

Nice. I'll be able to see something above ground next time I'm in SF. The core seems awfully close to the street.
Diagrams | SVMetro Blog | "Urban planning, whether based in projects, plans, or process, works only when the results are feasible simultaneously in physical, functional, financial, and political ways. Having merely one or two of these feasibilities just won't work" --Alexander Garvin

Old Posted May 9, 2006, 7:54 PM

300 spear update from webcor...

May, 2006:
By month’s end, the concrete structure for half the project will have reached street level. The core wall of the Folsom and Main Street tower is over four stories above grade, with a lift pouring every five days.

In an all-night operation, the largest hydro crane west of the Mississippi picked three excavators and dirt roller out of the hole, and replaced them with a Bauer drill rig. Remediation shoring is now under way on the Spear Street wall of the project. A system of soldier beams and tie backs will be installed along the bermed-up wall.

A second tower crane will be erected on the south side, by the already standing Liebherr 630 crane. This crane will be the second of three cranes total on the project.

March 2006:
The portion under the Main Street Tower of the 300 Spear project can now be seen steadily rising up out of the foundation.

Crews have been busy assembling the self-climbing formwork system which will form the core walls of the tower. This self climbing system has double-decked platforms on which to work, and lifts itself with hydraulic jacks, eliminating the need for crane assistance.

The mat under the Main St. Midrise was completed in the project’s 2nd successful all-night concrete pour, leaving only 2 more mat pours. Rat slabs and hold downs have been installed on the remainder of the site, and daily shotcrete operations to place the 5-story structural perimeter wall are under way as well

Old Posted May 9, 2006, 8:50 PM

From Main & Folsom, with people hanging off!

Old Posted May 31, 2006, 4:35 PM

updates courtesy of pacifican:

update from webcor:

May, 2006:
By month’s end, the concrete structure for half the project will have reached street level. The core wall of the Folsom and Main Street tower is over four stories above grade, with a lift pouring every five days.

In an all-night operation, the largest hydro crane west of the Mississippi picked three excavators and dirt roller out of the hole, and replaced them with a Bauer drill rig. Remediation shoring is now under way on the Spear Street wall of the project. A system of soldier beams and tie backs will be installed along the bermed-up wall.

A second tower crane will be erected on the south side, by the already standing Liebherr 630 crane. This crane will be the second of three cranes total on the project.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2006, 1:17 AM

300 spear aka the infinity has updated their website with some good views of what the building will bring and other features.

http://www.the-infinity.com/

Old Posted Jun 20, 2006, 5:01 AM

update from webcor...

June 2006
The project has transitioned to using flyer tables in the Main Street Tower – which is poured through Level 5. The Main Street Podium is poured through Level 1. Extensive shoring and excavation will take place for the next few weeks on Main Street for the project’s electrical vaults.

A smaller second tower crane is now nestled under the swing of the larger crane, and will greatly help operations on the midrise side of the project.

Excavation of the Spear Street dirt berm has begun, and a second row of tie-backs on the East shoring wall is being installed.

Above-grade hoists will be installed by July, and an all-glass skin system should begin to go up by August

Old Posted Jun 29, 2006, 2:38 AM
BANNED

Checked it out today. Looked to me like the central services core was up to about the 9th or 10th floor and they were placing rebar for the 6th floor of the surrounding tower (this is the shorter of the two towers--the taller tower is not really under construction yet).

Old Posted Jul 14, 2006, 5:26 AM

Webcor Update...

July 2006
The Main Street Tower is poured through the 8th floor and should be climbing steadily at a 4-day cycle from here on out. Installation of the glass curtainwall will begin in August, with framing of the interiors following close behind.

The Main Street Midrise is at Level 3. Curtainwall will not be installed on that building until end of the year.

Excavation on the East half of the project will continue through the end of the month, and a third tower crane will be erected mid-August when the excavation is complete. Two more all-night mat pours are just around the corner.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2006, 3:52 AM

I walked by the site today and things have changed considerably since the last post above. On the weekend of July 22-23, I saw men working on the lifting rig and the larger crane was raised, since equipment building the elevator core was almost as high as the crane boom. Work on the Main St. highrise is on the 9th floor and I saw what seemed to be the first pieces of the glass curtainwall on the northern side of the highrise. Rebar on the elevator core reaches to the 12th floor and the crane towers over the construction site for now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive