HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox View Post
I get it, and I understand how you feel. I drive through the downtown and think, "Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a high rise right here" and imagine what the neighborhoods would look like..... but I'm also pragmatic and realize there's nothing to draw them in.

I guess my point is the state and city need to do something drastic to bring in companies, you make a good point and it's one I agree with, every city in the country, small and large, is fighting tooth and nail to attract new business, they need to make major changes, like really lax laws and taxes. They don't have the warm weather and beaches like California, the mild winters of Texas, the romanticisation of New York. They need to truly be business friendly.
Don't sell Wilmington short. Two Fortune 500 companies (Chemours & Dupont), two companies on the S&P 500 (Navient & Incyte), major players investing heavily & adding jobs (JP Morgan Chase). DowDupont has reallocated LOB's back to Delaware. Incyte was just named the 6th most innovative company by Forbes (just behind Amazon, Tesla & Netflix). You can put Wilmington head-to-head with most cities in the area in terms of major forward looking employers(even Philly). I work in Wilmington at a major employer and I'd say the major problem is people live in PA,NJ but work here. Residential housing stock is exactly what the city needs. Need to keep people here and market Wilmington as more than just a business center. The beauty of the NW DE area in Chateau country is amazing. Market Street in Wilmington has fantastic potential. It just needs people to stay and live here. Tackle the perception of crime and public schools and Wilmington would be HOT.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations