HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Parks, Metro, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Oct 19, 2009, 2:06 AM
momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65MAX View Post
^^^^
He said floor-to-ceiling heights, not floor-to-ceiling glass. Museums and art galleries require higher ceilings than you would find in a typical office building.
oops. my bad. i guess if you are going to change the building, you might as well blow some holes in the floors and create some nice height for gallery spaces.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2009, 5:58 PM

There is a museum of sorts on the second floor featuring sketches by Michael Graves showing the evolution of his design, and other exhibits that detail Portland's public art.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2009, 5:03 PM

Such an ugly building in a prime location. Portlandia is it's only redeeming value. Tear it down and relocate Portlandia to a building worthy of her time.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2009, 12:10 PM

Love the building. Only two things wrong with it...would have never wanted to work in it...it is crappy for that and it should have built with the architects original materials...rather than going by the cheap. It is very unique in the middle of some classy buildings and that to me is what Portland has always been about....highbrow with a quirk.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2009, 7:48 PM

I was in the Hotel Modera last night (lovely building... what a job they did on it), and in the lobby they have a couple black & white prints titled 'The Arrival of Portlandia'. One shows her being towed along the Willamette, and the other the crowd of people around the statue once it is on land. Fantastic photos. Rest of the art is nice too.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Parks, Metro, Urban Design & Heritage Issues