HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis3000 View Post
Another gorgeous day here , sunny skies and 28C feeling like 32C with humidity! A perfect summer day in my opinion.

Looking at the long range and weeklies, the next 10 days will be on the cooler side for most of Canada from Alberta to Quebec, with most days averaging slightly below seasonal. No real heat anywhere in the country.

After this, heat begins to build across Southern/Eastern Ontario into Southern Quebec and Maritimes by Aug 18th-20th as a ridge of high pressure anchors in just off the US east coast and pumps hot air into the region. It looks to remain on the warm side right into September, so summer is not done at all in this region. Expect several more hot and steamy days to finish up the season. Out west however..... August looks to be a cool month for Alberta into Saskatchewan, a trend that will continue into early September. Look out for mountain snows.
Looks like mid to upper 20s here for the rest of the month, pretty perfect.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/wi...183?view=table

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 12:33 PM

Cloudy with sunny breaks and 15 at 10am. Once the sun comes out it should get between 19 and 25 depending on whether you're inland or not. Looks like a pretty nice, warm weekend is shaping up too.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
Lack of security sorta says a lot. no helicopter buzzing, no long caravans of cars.

I have friends in a number of police services out here and there is quite a bit of security, you just don't see it. It also says a lot about the mentality of Canadians. "The ballot is mightier than the Gun".

Its great to see you have good weather for this.

Next year I fear will be cool and damp, The year my wife and I finally get out to the regatta.
A cool'ish Regatta is actually ideal. It's so crowded by the lake that it can get overwhelmingly hot with any heat. Last year the temperature maxed out at around 29 by the lake, I can imagine that was unbearable. I think it was about 16-17 yesterday, but with the sun and crowd it was probably also warm.

You don't want RDF though. That stuff will cool you to the bones.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 12:56 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

26C, partly cloudy with a 30% chance of showers today in Moncton.

Weather looks to be a bit unsettled for the next five days or so, but that's OK; we've been in the middle of our typical mid summer drought here in Moncton, and, aside from a single tropical downpour during a thunderstorm, there hasn't been too much rain for the last 2-3 weeks. The lawns are getting thirsty..........

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 1:48 PM

The two week forecast shows temps mostly around 27-28 for extreme SW Ontario the next couple weeks. Lower humidity tomorrow and Saturday, and probably another brief cold front late next week. Even with the two cooler air masses, the forecast lows are 20+ on all but 4 or 5 days.

I'm hoping we can get a few dry days, it has rained too much in my area. My garden is too wet. I had to cut back my cucumbers due to mildew and the tomatoes are splitting from all the water. I also started growing cantaloupe, and it is said they can be a bit bland if there is too much water as they ripen..

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
A cool'ish Regatta is actually ideal. It's so crowded by the lake that it can get overwhelmingly hot with any heat. Last year the temperature maxed out at around 29 by the lake, I can imagine that was unbearable. I think it was about 16-17 yesterday, but with the sun and crowd it was probably also warm.

You don't want RDF though. That stuff will cool you to the bones.
When I was racing in Ontario, I loved mid 20s. On the water it was always a few degrees cooler as well.

Port Dalhousie was always stifling for afternoon races.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 6:13 PM
is watching.

Today is a cooler day, currently 18 to 22 and sunny in the Victoria area - a bit cooler down on the inner harbour. Todays forecast calls for a high of 22 in the sunshine.

Yesterday was pretty warm again (ecept the north peninsula) - beautiful day. Highs were 20 (Airport); 26 (UVic) and 27 (Langford) in the sunshine with some humidity.

Hot spot on the Island yesterday was Lake Cowichan @ 31.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 6:31 PM
Suburbs Suck

37C and sunny today then a big drop to 30C tomorrow.
25 days above 30C as of today.
castlegar.ca

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 8:24 PM
ARTchitecture

Currently 25 degrees and sunny at 2pm. Looks like this might be the last hot day for a while.

'My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.' — Jack Layton

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 8:27 PM
Community Guy

An oddly warm 21C in Port Elgin on Lake Huron right now. Surf's up dude!

https://twitter.com/IanOyeg/status/1159560777872871424
@ianoyeg

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
The two week forecast shows temps mostly around 27-28 for extreme SW Ontario the next couple weeks. Lower humidity tomorrow and Saturday, and probably another brief cold front late next week. Even with the two cooler air masses, the forecast lows are 20+ on all but 4 or 5 days.

I'm hoping we can get a few dry days, it has rained too much in my area. My garden is too wet. I had to cut back my cucumbers due to mildew and the tomatoes are splitting from all the water. I also started growing cantaloupe, and it is said they can be a bit bland if there is too much water as they ripen..
total opposite problem up in Alliston/Barrie . This region has been in a drought most of the summer. I've had to water my garden every day since the end of June. It's only rained here on 4 days out of the past 40, usually lasting 15-30 mins before the sun comes back out again.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
total opposite problem up in Alliston/Barrie . This region has been in a drought most of the summer. I've had to water my garden every day since the end of June. It's only rained here on 4 days out of the past 40, usually lasting 15-30 mins before the sun comes back out again.
I've never calibrated my rain gauge, but it's probably in the ballpark. It's showing over 80mm in the past two weeks, with precipitation recorded on 7 days. We've had a lot of thunderstorms.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 11:58 PM
Suburbs Suck

37C/99F at 4pm. Hot and sunny

Humidity only 10% wow!!

30C day #26
castlegar.ca

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 12:45 AM
Suburbs Suck

Living room 34.2C
castlegar.ca

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
I've never calibrated my rain gauge, but it's probably in the ballpark. It's showing over 80mm in the past two weeks, with precipitation recorded on 7 days. We've had a lot of thunderstorms.
Wow! We've only had 20mm of rain since June 28th!

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 1:08 AM
be nice to the crackheads

It was a hot one in Kelowna. Took my sister's dog down to the creek to cool off.

absolutely everywhere 2 by Andrew Rochfort, on Flickr

absolutely everywhere by Andrew Rochfort, on Flickr

absolutely everywhere 3 by Andrew Rochfort, on Flickr

absolutely everywhere 4 by Andrew Rochfort, on Flickr

Last edited by giallo; Aug 9, 2019 at 1:19 AM.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 1:11 AM
Go Preds!

Quote:
Wow! We've only had 20mm of rain since June 28th!
We've has 7.2 mm since July 11th. If it wasn't for a big thunderstorm that day (29.8 mm), it would been 11 mm since July 1st.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 1:24 AM

Quote:

Wow! It’s been very dry down here, some thunderstorms in Windsor, but especially in Colchester where we have a place on the lake. Everything is so parched.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 1:27 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Went out to North River today for some cocktails with cousins.

It was a LOVELY evening!

So many tiny lanes, really fun to drive/ride around in.

Some exceptional scenery out that way.

Cheers!

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by north 42 View Post
Wow! It’s been very dry down here, some thunderstorms in Windsor, but especially in Colchester where we have a place on the lake. Everything is so parched.
It's hit and miss. We've had a couple storms that dumped over an inch this year. There are probably places just a few kms away that barely got anything.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada