HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion

Old Posted Mar 22, 2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Town Hockey View Post
Yes, sorry, Westboro Station the condo....phase 2 currently under construction.
Not sure if you remember, but was it 465 Richmond?

Old Posted Mar 22, 2010, 12:59 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollins View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. How was District Reality as a property manager? I don't know much about them.
I thought they were good- there was a rental agent in the office Monday-Saturday and they were responsive whenever I had an issue... there was also a live-in super in the building who was very helpful the time I lost my keys.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2010, 1:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchissippi View Post
The rents in Lincoln Fields are really affordable. Access to transit is as good as it gets, and there is a 24 hour Metro supermarket. I wouldn't call it sketchy, maybe just shabby in an aesthetic sense.
Do you mean the entire area being shabby or just poorly designed buildings? Or the actual apartment units themselves.

The transit and the Metro are big pluses for her. Anything else nearby? Good or bad?

Old Posted Mar 22, 2010, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnixon View Post
I thought they were good- there was a rental agent in the office Monday-Saturday and they were responsive whenever I had an issue... there was also a live-in super in the building who was very helpful the time I lost my keys.
Awesome! Thanks. That building on Wentworth might be an option. It looks nicer than some.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2010, 2:38 AM
Busy Beaver

Quote:
Do you mean the entire area being shabby or just poorly designed buildings? Or the actual apartment units themselves.

The transit and the Metro are big pluses for her. Anything else nearby? Good or bad?
I just meant that Lincoln Heights in general doesn't have much in terms of visual appeal. It does have a lot going for it a short walk or bike ride away, like Britannia Beach, or the nature walk into the wetlands at Mud Lake. Lots of every type of convenient fast food from Wendy's to a vietnamese pho place, and of course the ubiquitous Shoppers Drug Mart. For a student or someone starting out, it is a good place, considering 1 bedroom apartments go for around $825

Old Posted Mar 23, 2010, 2:21 AM

Ya thats the impression I got about L.F., while it's nothing spectacular, the surrounding areas are what would make it appealing. The price helps too. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't helping her find a place she'd later regret or find out the area is terrible

Old Posted Apr 9, 2010, 1:52 AM

Hope my answer is not out of date. I did not get to check the forum lately.
It is true that I am living in the Minto building for 5 years now. This explains the price I pay for the one bedroom, which is the largest one of all the one bedrooms they have. We are two people with two salaries so the rent for is reasonable.
Besides Minto there are two or three other buildings for rent in the area. I have no idea though what are their addresses. If your friend is still looking for an apartment she could simply come by. From the Rideau centre or downtown take any of the 87, 97, 98, 82 busses and get off at Smyth bus station.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2010, 2:16 AM

I appreciate the advice WadiRum, I think she's planning on being west of downtown though. Lincoln Fields is looking more and more like a reality.

There are some good property management companies there that I know of off the top of my head. District Reality, Paramount Apartments, Homestead Properties are all there. Good/Bad experiences?

Old Posted Apr 9, 2010, 4:31 AM

Quote:
I appreciate the advice WadiRum, I think she's planning on being west of downtown though. Lincoln Fields is looking more and more like a reality.

There are some good property management companies there that I know of off the top of my head. District Reality, Paramount Apartments, Homestead Properties are all there. Good/Bad experiences?
I rented from Homestead for three years. They were good.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2010, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTWAP View Post
I rented from Homestead for three years. They were good.
Homestead is a pretty decent outfit. I have a relative that rents from them in Kingston. I don't think they are the cheapest by any means, but I find with apartments in Ottawa there are few deals, it is really a you get what you pay for system.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2010, 1:56 AM

Any thing about District Reality. Someone mentioned them on here before I think. They have a place my friend likes and is planning on checking out (525 Wentworth). My only concern would be that it looks like it had (has?) bugs a couple years ago. It was owned by Transglobe then, not sure if a change of ownership would get the place cleaned up though.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion