HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Apr 18, 2019, 12:32 AM
Vancouverite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
I don't understand the hate. Those look amazing and curved glass would look spectacular. I also like the size of the podium facing West Georgia Street.

This area is going to look incredible in just few years.
agreed, i really like it.

seems like lots here hate different things than the normal.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2019, 12:32 AM

That are clean and I think they will age well.

They are not spectacular though compared to several other recent proposals in Van.

That said not every project can be (or should be) Vancouver House, The Butterfly or the Kengo Kuma Tower.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2019, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
That are clean and I think they will age well.

They are not spectacular though compared to several other recent proposals in Van.

That said not every project can be (or should be) Vancouver House, The Butterfly or the Kengo Kuma Tower.
Vancouver House bugs me everytime I see it! Very annoying! Its drawing the eye in a bad way.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2019, 4:26 AM

I agree with Klazu! This one is a really good proposal and will definitely add to make the area around it great. I hope the curved glass is actually curved glass and the developer doesn't cheap out and do something else. The cut out in the base of the podiums is cool to which breaks the block up a little. The top of the towers looks cool as well and should be to all forumers who have lately blasted jobs for using the lightbox and or some of the other more common tower toppers around metro developments. Although some of those balconies do remind me of what the Oakridge development is planning to do so I am going to reserve judgement on the balconies until they are actually built.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2019, 4:28 AM

I also really like it. Good size. And the podium looks much better than most

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver