HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Sep 29, 2013, 12:56 AM
DownTowner

You should work for National Geographic if you don't already. Stunning to say the least.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2013, 7:21 AM
Babylon falling

These Indian scenes are so alien to the average North American I see these threads and have to think to myself "what are all of these people doing" I want to interview them and ask them about their lives and daily routines and their thoughts on existence. Just fascinating, I have been to India but not to Varanasi it was mostly workaday people that I saw and not this spiritual side.

Where does everyone go to the bathroom

Old Posted Oct 1, 2013, 8:21 PM

Thanks all, had some personal stuff to take care of so I checked out from this thread for a bit.

mSeattle - Civil Engineering, specifically Engineering for Developing Communities. https://mcedc.colorado.edu/education In the future I plan on working on development projects and tying in my photography.

DcDenizen - Thanks for the recommendaion, I'll have to check out the book.

Volgus- One of my favs too.

POLA - Trains for the long haul, sometimes private car. Once I'm in a city I just walk.

gio - even more characters and smoke in my next thread

ChiTown - patience and anticipation, also don't show anyone your bad shots

mello - raw sewage flows into the ganges from the city. Pilgrims still bathe in and drink the water. No idea if they get sick, maybe their immune systems are iron clad. I saw many people squatting to do their business on the river shore. Fun story - a bug flew into my eye when I was on the banks shooting the first morning - instant infection. The doctor's office was quick and cheap though

Old Posted Oct 11, 2013, 3:11 AM

When I was in India in 1996, I had planned to take the train from New Delhi to Calcutta, with a stop in Varanasi, but there were strikes going on at the time, and, being discouraged, I flew to Calcutta instead. And now when I see these photo's, I should have walked there! Varanasi will always remain one of my deepest regrets with a city I've always wanted to visit!

India is so incredibly spiritual, just walking about in that country, it's like getting a spiritual bath.

Thanks a million for this dessert to my eyes and soul!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos