HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy

Old Posted Jul 26, 2010, 4:50 AM

new cafe coming - should bring some nice life to the area

which is this...

Old Posted Jul 26, 2010, 5:23 PM

Looks like the renos going on at Louis Vuittoin, to add an addtional floor is also a change in concept. Welcome Maison Vancouver, a signature LV store, the first of its kind in Canada http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2010/07/l...ver-hotel.html

Old Posted Jul 26, 2010, 5:28 PM

It's amazing how much crap they sell besides vinyl / leather goods The NYC store on 5th avenue is *amazing*. I almost bought a $1200 cashmere shirt, I was so overcome with its softness and it was freezing outside. But then I went to Bloomingdale's and got their brand on sale for $90. Oh well. Bob Rennie makes a point of pointing out that he owns a couple of dozen Louis Vuitton suits in every colour they make, at a few grand a piece, too.

Admittedly, I am a very good customer of theirs lol - but it is all looked down upon by the Hermes people *sigh*. But $1500 for a PLAIN little wallet? Sheesh.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2010, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume-sama View Post
It's amazing how much crap they sell besides vinyl / leather goods The NYC store on 5th avenue is *amazing*. I almost bought a $1200 cashmere shirt, I was so overcome with its softness and it was freezing outside. But then I went to Bloomingdale's and got their brand on sale for $90. Oh well. Bob Rennie makes a point of pointing out that he owns a couple of dozen Louis Vuitton suits in every colour they make, at a few grand a piece, too.

Admittedly, I am a very good customer of theirs lol - but it is all looked down upon by the Hermes people *sigh*. But $1500 for a PLAIN little wallet? Sheesh.
Ugh... I know what you mean! It seems like ever since all these up-scale brands went corporate they've become oh so "common".

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a Rolex or drinking Dom Perignon... just so Dubai tacky. It goes to show one simply can't buy taste... but we all know that.

Anyway I'm curious to see what the art piece will be in the Vancouver LV store.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2010, 9:37 PM

Dom Perignon and Sunny D is a good, classy, mix though

Old Posted Jul 27, 2010, 10:37 PM

marc jaobs does the LV ready to wear clothes and is creative director i guess for the whole line

vancouver needs at least a Marc by Marc Jacobs store ist a little more affordable ie a Marc by Marc Jacobs hoody is only $300 vs the Marc Jacobs hoodie at $3000

Old Posted Jul 27, 2010, 11:55 PM

SpongeG Vancouver needs a lot of stores and they will all come in time I'm really curious as to what is going across the street from Burberry. Ultimately Alberni has the best chance of being our high end street, something W. Hastings used to be and still somewhat is with Leone, Birks, Cartier etc... still there.

What are some brands forummers would like to see in Vancouver. Me personally I'm an LV, Gucci and Burberry kind of guy (when I have money) so I'm good. But there's still a lot of luxury brands not present in Vancouver.

Yume, yep I walked into Hermes and was unimpressed with the style. The quality is there but the style isn't for me. LV FTW!

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 1:24 AM

well when i look at the store list at say a dubai mall some stores we could have not all luxury but missing form the retail landscape (not that I am a fan of most of them):

Firetrap
Seven for all mankind
Ed Hardy
Christian Audiger
Camper Shoes
Paul Frank
Ralph Lauren
D&G
Dolce & Gabbana
Faconnable
G-Star
Diesel
Emporio Armani
Fred Perry
Ben Sherman
MNG Mango
Etro
Kenzo
Paul & Shark
Missoni
55 DSL
Jack & Jones
Desigual
A.P.C.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 1:31 AM

I can't disclose any future tenants. Lets just say Alberni and Burrard will become the main luxury streets in Vancouver in a year. There are three super high end clothing designers confirmed for the streets and some being flagship store locations. Across from Burberry will be one of those high end stores. Look for more renovations in the fairmont hotel oh and 2 new restaurants on Alberni street also!

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 1:54 AM

i'd love to see a Mango store come to Vancouver for the girls. I'd love for top shop and top man as well.

in terms of designers, I'd love a marc by marc jacob as well as junya watanabe or a commes des garcons store.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 2:12 AM

The popcorn box on Thurlow / Alberni is also supposed to have a high end "fashion mall" inside it. Possibly our first Nordstrom's as well, as rumours say one is coming~

It could be a real 5th Avenue in a couple of years

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 2:13 AM

would be a good spot

it would just be nice to have camper shoes in one spot and the whole collection - some stores carry some of their stuff but just the boring stuff

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van23H View Post
I can't disclose any future tenants. Lets just say Alberni and Burrard will become the main luxury streets in Vancouver in a year. There are three super high end clothing designers confirmed for the streets and some being flagship store locations. Across from Burberry will be one of those high end stores. Look for more renovations in the fairmont hotel oh and 2 new restaurants on Alberni street also!
That's good to hear Now how odd will that 7/11 look there haha. I can see Nordstroms coming to the corner in the new development. Also more reno's in the Fairmont?? There is no space though hmmm. very intrigued now

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 6:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
well when i look at the store list at say a dubai mall some stores we could have not all luxury but missing form the retail landscape (not that I am a fan of most of them):

Firetrap
Seven for all mankind
Ed Hardy
Christian Audiger
Camper Shoes
Paul Frank
Ralph Lauren
D&G
Dolce & Gabbana
Faconnable
G-Star
Diesel
Emporio Armani
Fred Perry
Ben Sherman
MNG Mango
Etro
Kenzo
Paul & Shark
Missoni
55 DSL
Jack & Jones
Desigual
A.P.C.
I know that they are planning to open Jack & Jones in Vancouver in 2011. They just had 2 grand openings in Ontario this week. They are moving west. Should be opening in Spring or Summer 2011.

Very popular in Europe and East Canada.

MNG Mango is opening soon too. Should be in 2011. That is what a buyer told me in Montreal. I think first one is at Metrotown.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 6:28 AM

Is it just me or is there no 24-hour or even late-hour convenience store along No.3 road in Richmond...I need a lawson or something over here D:

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 6:28 AM

Lets just say that a few stores in the hotel will be moving around and second floors may be added

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 6:30 AM

They need to focus on renovating their hotel rooms, before they renovate the only nice part of their hotel; The Lobby

Though obviously Snowflake is gone (or going) and will be replaced by some rather high end store.

I can only imagine how much rent is.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 6:33 AM

Yes it is pubic now that snowflake will be closing and a confirmed very nice store will be taking over.
The Fairmont will be renovating so second floors can be added to half the stores.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 7:00 AM
Vancouverite

It so interesting how Alberni street is changing lol...

Now Wendys, 711, A&W are gonna look so out of place on the street.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 7:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usog View Post
Is it just me or is there no 24-hour or even late-hour convenience store along No.3 road in Richmond...I need a lawson or something over here D:
I agree, ever since the 7-Eleven at Ackroyd closed, there is a void.

The Save-on-Foods is open until Midnight.

There is an all-night 7-Eleven 2 blocks east of City Hall.

If you're desperate... The McDonald's opposite City Hall is open all night.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy