HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

53W53 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 6:39 PM

I can't believe that after all of these years we're finally going to see this beauty going up. If it looks likes the renders this will become my favorite building in the city.

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 8:18 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Along with all the other supertalls in the area in the demo stage, it will be quite a thrill to watch the race to the sky. Time to update the central park skyline post cards.

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 11:19 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
I can't believe that after all of these years we're finally going to see this beauty going up. If it looks likes the renders this will become my favorite building in the city.
Even though they chopped off 200 ft, it's still my favorite design (though 111 W. 57th is right behind it). It's hardly mentioned in the media these days in the talk of all the new supertalls going up in town.

__

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Even though they chopped off 200 ft, it's still my favorite design (though 111 W. 57th is right behind it).
Same here. Any new tower which will want to outdo TV in design will have a tought time.

Old Posted May 24, 2014, 1:28 PM

Dang, I'm astonished at the annoying time it takes to finally get this U/C. I might've said it yet, you clearly see in this thing that Nouvel got some very proper feeling and inspiration from Manhattan. So I'm proud of the home made architect, huh, since he properly understood what the place was made of and above that, what would keep enriching it. His thing fits with the local streets and style so very well. I'm usually not the kind of guy to claim he's got any so-called favorite, but I'd say this might well be my favorite proposed design worldwide for now. Partly because of the perfect location and because Nouvel's from France lol. But even if you're neither from NY nor from France, you should easily admit that thing should downright be a world class icon as soon as it's completed, like it's worthy of the Chrysler building or whatever that big.

Old Posted May 24, 2014, 1:57 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
even if you're neither from NY nor from France, you should easily admit that thing should downright be a world class icon as soon as it's completed, like it's worthy of the Chrysler building or whatever that big.

It surely is. It may not be the biggest, or tallest, but it oozes New York.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 24, 2014, 2:06 PM

It's torture waiting to this built.

Old Posted May 24, 2014, 3:18 PM

Is there a rendering of this tower in the skyline? I'm curious as to how much of an impact it will have from the New Jersey side.

Old Posted May 24, 2014, 3:47 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It surely is. It may not be the biggest, or tallest, but it oozes New York.
I'd call it barely noticeably taller than One57 if this two modern-day 70 Pine/40 Wall tandem were standing shoulder to shoulder.

@baseball92:

This image---courtesy of an SSC poster whom I can't ID because I couldn't get the damned source page to load---should give you a *really* nice idea:

Old Posted May 27, 2014, 4:38 AM

Old Posted May 27, 2014, 5:42 PM
New Yorker for life

Soon...soon....

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 2:46 PM
New Yorker for life

Finally some action...

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=06

07/01/2014

Quote:
SUPPORT OF EXCAVATION ASSOCIATED WITH NEW BUILDING AS SHOWN ON DRAWINGS FILED HEREWITH.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 4:43 PM

Here we go! Finally this is getting going.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 5:48 PM

Finally!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 8:25 PM
New Yorker for life

Yeah, just getting excavation underway will be a milestone. Beyond that, once a crane is on site, I'll be celebrating throughout construction.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 9:14 PM
Pacific Wonderland

Yay for progress on this one!

travel, architecture & photos of the textured world at http://www.pixelmap.com

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 10:48 PM

i'll be excited to see the shell of this building rising before its cladded.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 11:28 PM

Finally almost there. There have been plenty of new towers u/ c or proposed since TV was first introduced but none have managed to surpass it design-wise. I'll be in heaven when I see rebar popping out of the ground.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2014, 6:52 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze23 View Post
Finally almost there. There have been plenty of new towers u/ c or proposed since TV was first introduced but none have managed to surpass it design-wise.
I agree. I often wonder if this proposal came a few years too soon. With all of the other taller towers now on the boards, they couldn't have made quite the same argument about the top in comparison with the ESB. Maybe it wouldn't have gotten the "chop" job. But I'm still excited to see this one rise, and its still taller than a lot of tallest in other places. And I still think it's the best of the bunch.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2014, 5:58 PM

Meh......It's *really close* here.....

111 57th simply dropped a triple daisy cutter on everyone, in terms of design, engineering and how quickly it proceeded...or at least seemed to have done so...from the drawing board to actual readiness to go vertical.
But yeah, TV is a close second...so let One57's Goth Doppeltgänger begin its skyward ascent.

Last edited by JayPro; Jul 3, 2014 at 8:33 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive