HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 4:48 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
I spoke to a knowledgeable architect while touring ASGG's office today. He is working on the project and offered some valuable insight. The developer is pretty dead set on the cantilever, but still very interested in additional height, referencing the value of CP views. They're definitely taking into consideration 220 CPS, judging by the massing model of the surrounding area. Unfortunately, you'll see from the actual 225 models that they're pretty intent on a flat roof. No intricate crown or spire, but perhaps a crowned mechanical level, which could look alright lit up at night. At best, this building will reflect 432 Park Ave, but as a more contemporary version of the boxy design. Take all this for what it's worth. Please enjoy the pics-

Then there was this beauty model. ASGG won their contract with this design for the Nordstrom tower- a mix of Tower Verre and One57. I was told construction would not have been feasible because of crane logistics. No use in wondering "what if" at this point.

Went back to this.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 4:53 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
^^^^

That title might go to Vanderbilt as the skyline defining tower IMO.
One Vanderbilt, at this point, will be another clone of the Empire State, heightwise. Remove the spire, and it's slightly shorter than 30 Hudson. It will certainly be shorter than 111 W. 57th Street (which will have it's own lighting). It will be a prominent addition to the skyline no doubt, but it won't be the defining tower, particularly when there are so many of equal or greater height joining the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscaper View Post
Hoping they get back to that spire.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
^^^^

That title might go to Vanderbilt as the skyline defining tower IMO. While CPT does have a little height on it, in terms of a tower reflecting the rich skyline history and impact that it has, Vanderbilt might be it. It's in a prime location, and its aesthetics resemble the ESB in a way (which arguably is the skyscraper that stands time and time again as the colloquial symbol of the city).

Credit: 6sqft

It just feels like Gotham, something CPT can't quite convey.
I agree. My favorite tower going up in the city atm.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 6:15 PM

Here's a bigger version from the Extell's website. I think it looks just fine without the spire. It's going to be an impressive tower when done.

http://extell.com/portfolio/central-park-tower

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 7:27 PM

I hope we get the spire, but in any case this tower won't dominate Midtown for very long anyways. There are too many development sites in play, especially near Central Park, Hudson Yards and Grand Central.

I don't doubt that, at the very least, we get one or two comparable/taller towers along Billionaires Row in the next few years (could be the Durst site, the Park Lane site, the Vornado site the Extell/Calvary Baptist site or the Solow site).

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 7:29 PM

So its definitive then that 1 Vandy is getting a roof height cut to 1301'? That sucks.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 7:39 PM

Crazy as it seems, after all the height changes and spire changes, we are basically going to end up getting exactly what Barnett originally proposed for this tower, 1550' to the roof and no "gimmicky" spire (to quote Barnett).

Although I still hope it ends up being 1569' to the roof.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 8:47 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
So its definitive then that 1 Vandy is getting a roof height cut to 1301'? That sucks.
I believe it's actually 1,288' last I heard. Still a nice building/height though.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 10:28 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Still dominant considering the spire will bring it up to the ESB pinnacle (kind of).

Shame extell didn't appease us here and add into that rendering the rest of whats rising (Steinway, Verre, vandy). They pretend those don't exist, to sell units!

Although One57 buyers must be irked knowing that Steinway and CPT will be superior to anything One57 offers. Time to sell those units and invest in CPT and Steinway. I could kinda envision One57, which is owned by Extell, seeing units sold and investing in CPT, which is also by Extell. Unfortunately, printed monopoly money doesn't work for me.

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscaper View Post
Here's a bigger version from the Extell's website. I think it looks just fine without the spire. It's going to be an impressive when done.

http://extell.com/portfolio/central-park-
it will dominate the skyline if we add spire and it will make the height of the cpt close 1800 ft

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Crazy as it seems, after all the height changes and spire changes, we are basically going to end up getting exactly what Barnett originally proposed for this tower, 1550' to the roof and no "gimmicky" spire (to quote Barnett).

Although I still hope it ends up being 1569' to the roof.
so 1569ft , you mean to the parapet

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridnyc View Post
so 1569ft , you mean to the parapet
Yep.

I believe top occupied floor is 1450 ft. Actual roof I think is right around 1500 ft.

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 2:09 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Crazy as it seems, after all the height changes and spire changes, we are basically going to end up getting exactly what Barnett originally proposed for this tower,
1550' to the roof and no "gimmicky" spire (to quote Barnett).
Basically.

Quote:
Shame extell didn't appease us here and add into that rendering the rest of whats rising (Steinway, Verre, vandy). They pretend those don't exist, to sell units!
They usually never do (especially when the others are competition). We'll get one eventually.

This tower will be higher than any building or spire in New York, except the Freedom Tower's spire, which is all the way Downtown.
It is the tower that will dominate all others. There will be other tall towers for sure, especially if 666 Fifth gets built. But this will be the tower, until something taller gets built.

The skyscraper gods are not pleased with this offering. Perhaps the spire would appease them, but Barnett is being a hard ass. Here's another look at that model.

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 4:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Basically.

They usually never do (especially when the others are competition). We'll get one eventually.

This tower will be higher than any building or spire in New York, except the Freedom Tower's spire, which is all the way Downtown.
It is the tower that will dominate all others. There will be other tall towers for sure, especially if 666 Fifth gets built. But this will be the tower, until something taller gets built.

The skyscraper gods are not pleased with this offering. Perhaps the spire would appease them, but Barnett is being a hard ass. Here's another look at that model.
If that's the Bloomberg Building to the left, then to puts things into perspective, a decade or two ago, that building was one of the tallest in the part of the island. The lighted crown stood out in the night.

Seeing the CPT not just pass it in height, but overwhelmingly dominate, indicates it's status as THE Skyscraper in NY. It's even bigger in volume at the same height as Bloomberg upper floors.

WOW

And why are all of the trend-setting building being castrated of the spires? Is it the money? I mean if your spending, say, 10B to develop a site, than what an additional, say, 200M? The damn-est thing.

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 4:26 AM

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 4:49 PM

The penthouse here is truly a mansion in the sky. Not sure it will break the record at 220 CPS, but I imagine this could approach $200,000,000. The entire 3rd floor is an epic event space.

I took the drawings from the DOB filing for the kitchen and cleaned them up a bit. Enjoy!

A few points:
1) This was approved in Jan 2016 so it is possible there were more changes since then.
2) Balconys line up with the latest renderings and models I've seen.
3) Anyone know why there is an elevator on the top floor near the kitchen? That can only go up, but there should only be mechanical space above. It is a private elevator so maybe there is more space above? Some more outdoor space? Very odd.
4) They refer to the top floor as the 93rd floor, but I believe it is the highest occupied floor in the building.

91:

92:

93:

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 8:22 PM

Seems to be moving faster now. Floor a week maybe?

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZeig1 View Post
If that's the Bloomberg Building to the left, then to puts things into perspective, a decade or two ago, that building was one of the tallest in the part of the island. The lighted crown stood out in the night.

Seeing the CPT not just pass it in height, but overwhelmingly dominate, indicates it's status as THE Skyscraper in NY. It's even bigger in volume at the same height as Bloomberg upper floors.

WOW

And why are all of the trend-setting building being castrated of the spires? Is it the money? I mean if your spending, say, 10B to develop a site, than what an additional, say, 200M? The damn-est thing.
And how about One57's crown lighting? What gives with that? What- the LED electrical bill is too high? Unbelievable.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
And how about One57's crown lighting? What gives with that? What- the LED electrical bill is too high? Unbelievable.
My point being that they both defined the top of the skyline in that area for years now. CPT will totally changes all that.

I will check 2 nite to see if they are lite.

Btw, the rendering by jayden at night is awesome.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZeig1 View Post
My point being that they both defined the top of the skyline in that area for years now. CPT will totally changes all that.

I will check 2 nite to see if they are lite.

Btw, the rendering by jayden at night is awesome.

Cool- thanks!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive