HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Feb 7, 2022, 3:25 PM

186 Hunter St E | 38 m | 12 fl | Approved

Didn't see a thread, so time to start one up. Originally I thought there were going to be some townhomes on this lot, but now it's a different animal.

URL for the project

Old Posted Feb 7, 2022, 3:34 PM

Interesting - thanks.

This is LiUNA's new temporary office while 75 James S is built, which I believe they plan to move back in to afterwards. So I imagine this one won't get built until 75 James St. S is built.

It's a pretty basic, unattractive building I have to say. Get rid of the surface parking off of Ferguson, and ideally there should be a corner retail unit at Ferguson and Hunter given the City's vision for Ferguson (which admittingly is taking forever to come together).

Old Posted Feb 7, 2022, 3:41 PM

I like it and I like the location. Only a 5 minute walk to the GO station and 10 minutes from the downtown core.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2022, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
Interesting - thanks.

This is LiUNA's new temporary office while 75 James S is built, which I believe they plan to move back in to afterwards. So I imagine this one won't get built until 75 James St. S is built.

It's a pretty basic, unattractive building I have to say. Get rid of the surface parking off of Ferguson, and ideally there should be a corner retail unit at Ferguson and Hunter given the City's vision for Ferguson (which admittingly is taking forever to come together).
This is a not-for-profit housing project, so considering that, this isn't that bad.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 3:10 AM

38.0m

50 parking spaces

104 units

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Nov 2, 2022, 7:47 PM

Looks like crews were unloading equipment to start demolishing the existing building here yesterday

Old Posted Dec 30, 2022, 4:05 AM

https://www.thepublicrecord.ca/2022/...jan-9-2023/OLT Holding 186 Hunter Street East Pre-Hearing on Jan. 9, 2023

Joey Coleman By Joey Coleman, Editor | 49 seconds ago
The Ontario Land Tribunal issued a Notice of Case Management Conference (formerly known as pre-hearing) for LiUNA’s Wellington Hamilton Non-Profit Housing Inc. zoning appeal at 186 Hunter Street East in Ward 2.

The CMC will be held on January 9, 2023, beginning at 10:00 am via video conference.

The OLT uses GoTo Meetings for video hearings. The access code for the video conference is 442-599-157.

Members of the public can join by phone by dialling 1-647-497-9391, access code 442-599-157.

The Tribunal will consider requests for participant status during the CMC hearing. People granted participant status can make written submissions to the Tribunal for consideration.

LiUNA is seeking OLT approval to build a 12-storey residential building with 104 residential units on lands located alongside the south side of Hunter Street between Ferguson Avenue and Liberty Street in Ward 2’s Corktown neighbourhood.

HANDOUT

The developer’s render for a proposed redevelopment of 186 Hunter Street East in Hamilton, Ontario.

They filed their non-decision appeal shortly after the 120-day deadline for Council to decide upon their application passed in June 2022.

The developer’s website, with all development application documents, is https://urbansolutions.info/186-hunter-street-east/.

The OLT case number for the appeal is OLT-22-004063. The OLT page includes contact information for the case coordinator.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2022, 3:36 PM
Ham-burgher

I can see this getting a rubber stamp. It's nothing special, but it's needed and well-scaled and a good fit for that parcel of land.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2022, 4:43 PM

Hopefully they end up using some high quality materials like Kiwi. Right now it looks like a stucco disaster.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2022, 5:00 PM

no reason why this should be going to OLT and wasting more taxpayers cash. City must find a way to get through straight-forward apps faster, even if it is to decline, should never be due to no decision.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2023, 6:39 PM

City and LiUNA reach deal to allow mid-rise at 186 Hunter East
- Joey Coleman

"There is a tentative confidential settlement between the City of Hamilton and LiUNA’s Wellington Hamilton Non-Profit Housing Inc. to allow the construction of a mid-rise building at 186 Hunter Street East.

LiUNA applied for an official plan amendment to permit a 12-storey residential building containing 104 residential units. A portion of the units will be affordable using Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation definitions.

As TPR first reported in July 2022, LiUNA filed a non-decision appeal to the Ontario Land Tribunal shortly after the 120-day deadline for the City of Hamilton to render a Council decision passed.

At the time, City of Hamilton Director of Planning and Chief Planner Steve Robichaud stated he hoped to reach a negotiated settlement.

The deal comes only days before the two sides were expected to spend two weeks contesting positions before the Ontario Land Tribunal. Arguments were to begin on Monday, November 6.

Notice of the settlement was transmitted to the OLT just before 5 p.m. on Monday.

City Council will debate the settlement in closed session during the November 14 planning committee meeting.

The deal will be kept confidential until after the OLT settlement hearing on December 6."

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 12:01 AM
It's Hammer Time

@UrbnSoHamilton
OLT approved. Congratulations to the entire @Local837 project team. 25% of the 227 homes will be Affordable Units!

https://twitter.com/UrbnSoHamilton/s...15055974465718

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 1:50 AM

Note this is also now 14 floors

Last edited by Hawrylyshyn; Feb 5, 2024 at 3:13 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton