HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion

Old Posted Aug 23, 2012, 3:16 PM

Hamilton tradespeople

Hopefully this unexciting topic belongs here.

We moved into our 1930 home, which needs some work done by a carpenter or handyman. The search for one has been interesting and time consuming.

Along the way I have been told that Hamiltonians are getting fed up with the quality of tradespeople, often because one of the workers on the crew shows up looking like a transient who spends too much time in or near Gore Park. I have also been told by a tradesperson that he has trouble finding good workers...people who show up on time, who have skills, etc. Too many guys want to "get 'er done for a case of beer".

I know it's not good to make general statements from anecdotes. But I'm getting the impression that there is a growing demand in this city for skilled labour in the residential market, and that demand is not being matched with supply.

Thoughts?

(On a personal note, if anyone has a good carpenter or tradesperson to recommend, please send me a PM)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion