HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > India

Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 10:00 AM

[QUOTE=pramodusnair;2684703]One more IT park in Kochi.........
JB group is holding discussions with LDf for establishing an IT park in Kochi.The IT park will come up in 3 years.
Manoramanews
http://manoramanews.manoramaonline.c...gramId=1186580

Hi Pramod , I dont think this is a New IT park proposed . This was considered as an alternative to Smartcity . Now given the fact that TECOM may clinch the deal ,. I dont think JB will get a chance .
Old things
Still the renderings of Holiday Inn and Crown Plaza are missing . any Idea how many floors Crown Plaza is .

Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 10:08 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodusnair View Post
One more IT park in Kochi.........
JB group is holding discussions with LDf for establishing an IT park in Kochi.The IT park will come up in 3 years.
Manoramanews
http://manoramanews.manoramaonline.c...gramId=1186580
Hi Pramod , I dont think this is a New IT park proposed . This was considered as an alternative to Smartcity . Now given the fact that TECOM may clinch the deal ,. I dont think JB will get a chance .
Old things
Still the renderings of Holiday Inn and Crown Plaza are missing . any Idea how many floors Crown Plaza is .
KMC

There were several (about 12) who approached state govt. Not all of them may materialize as land has to be acquired by state for these proposals. But some will definitely come up. They
will come up as tie ups or even on their own. Lets wait and see.

Our young forumer viperpaul once promised to get the renderings. Hope he is able to get them.

Meanwhile here is progress of L&T Tejomaya

Last edited by ReNik; Mar 13, 2007 at 10:11 AM. Reason: more images

Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Our young forumer viperpaul once promised to get the renderings. Hope he is able to get them.
I will post it in a week or so..he has promised me he'll get it..

Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 1:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperpaul22 View Post
I will post it in a week or so..he has promised me he'll get it..

Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 1:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Old things
KMC,

I heard the proposal in news. It is a consortium of JB group, Infiniti and one more co.
They propose a park in 100 acres in 3 years at the Smart city area. I don't know the
details but DIC offer sounds compelling as there are written commitments on employment
generated etc. But if the consortium is persists with the project, it wont be difficult for
them to get 100 acres in the same area where they can start their project.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNik View Post
KMC,

I heard the proposal in news. It is a consortium of JB group, Infiniti and one more co.
They propose a park in 100 acres in 3 years at the Smart city area. I don't know the
details but DIC offer sounds compelling as there are written commitments on employment
generated etc. But if the consortium is persists with the project, it wont be difficult for
them to get 100 acres in the same area where they can start their project.
Its not feasible to have 2 Hi Tech parks in same area , am sure if Smart City is taken over by Tecom , JB will pull out , I read news that JB will not invest in Kochi in IT Park if Smart City happens . They may consider infrastructure , May be townships.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 2:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Its not feasible to have 2 Hi Tech parks in same area , am sure if Smart City is taken over by Tecom , JB will pull out , I read news that JB will not invest in Kochi in IT Park if Smart City happens . They may consider infrastructure , May be townships.
Okay, I had read little about this news. So JB is only interested in Smart City. Probably
I missed the discussions here too. In your opinion, how is this group in contrast with TECOM ?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 8:55 PM

Achu Mama is trying to Woo Nissan now.. Wish he would concentrate his energy on clinching the TECOM Deal.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1759616.cms

Anyway, he can recommend only Kochi since proximity to a big port would be required for any auto major..

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 2:25 AM

Infrastructure development..hopes.

Hope the fate of Kerala cities with infrastructure facilities would change by this venture..
The company is registered in KOchi..hope it would give atleast something for the city infrastructure...
read this ..Formation of InKel..
http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_f...tent_id=157698

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 4:18 AM

Here is from another

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 5:05 AM

JB Group’s Rs 1,500-cr IT project for Kochi

Quote:
It’s a “head I win - tail I win” toss for Kochi. Enter $1.7-billion JB Group from Hong Kong to Kerala this week with a Rs 1,500-crore IT project, giving a dicey twist to Dubai Tecom drama dragging over $300-SmartCity in Kochi.JB Group has offered an IT city in Kochi on par with the Giga Space, that JB has set up in Pune. Against Dubai Tecom’s project offering 90,000 jobs in 10 years, the new entrants have offered one lakh jobs “within 36 months of signing the pact.”Total constructed area of the proposed project would be about seven million square feet.

Out of that five million square feet would be used for setting up enterprises engaged in IT and IT-Enabled Services (ITES) sectors.

The remaining two million square feet would be utilised for setting up other amenities like residential facilities, hotels and environment-friendly projects. The project would have own sewage treatment facilities and captive power generation facilities.
JB group's proposal is really mouthwatering.

Quote:
But it's not necessarily exit Dubai-Tecom and its SmartCity project or vice versa, assures Gautam Kanjilal.

"We are not bargain-hunters," says Kartik Somaiah, Key Account Manager (Asia Pacific). Unlike in the Tecom case, even without bargaining, the new entrants have offered the state government 26% equity.

It was the study by ICICI properties identifying Kochi as the second top destination in high-end IT business that put JB Group on Kochi trail. "We'd been watching Kerala from 2001 and feel time is ripe to make our bid," says Kanjilal.``Ours is demand-driven project proposal and we would not be averse to the idea of setting up the IT Park in another area provided there was demand for a second project.''
The naysayers of smart city have been proved wrong.

http://skyscrapercochin.blogspot.com/

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 6:02 AM

JB Vs Tecom , a personal View

1.JB has given 26% straightaway bcoz they have no option but to match TECOM offer . So this cannot be Considered as a desciding Point .

2. They promised to build 5 Million Sqft for IT space ( Balance 2 million for Other facilities) in 3 Years and provide 100000 Jobs , Is it feasible to complete 5 Million Sqft space and provide 100000 Jobs in 3 years ???? Highly Doubtful- This would have been made to lure the govt.
But Tecom offers 9 Million Sqft of IT space and 100000 Jobs by the completion of project , Looks reasonable given the time frame .

3. There is a Valid point raised by Tecom about ownership ? Will IT companies prefer to invest if they had not been given ownership . JB has mentioned 99yr lease - Can they lure IT companies to Kerala without giving ownership – Doubtful. Because Biggies like Microsoft , IBM prefer own space rather than Leased.

4. Main point is Brand Name – Dubai Internet City has a Brand Name which IT companies look for , JB doesn’t have that .

5. JB group is basically Diamond Merchants , If I am right , They don’t have proven record in IT ( But for some parks in Pune)
6. They don’t have something called a Global Appeal , which Dubai Internet City has .

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 6:14 AM

Cochin port road gets green light

Finally 4 Lane connectivity approved for Vallarpadam

Am sure now builders will start concentrating on that sector

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1759856.cms

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 10:36 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
Achu Mama is trying to Woo Nissan now.. Wish he would concentrate his energy on clinching the TECOM Deal.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1759616.cms

Anyway, he can recommend only Kochi since proximity to a big port would be required for any auto major..

Okay, the news is not new per se. When BMW was in discussion with govt
Volkswagen, Audi and Nissan too had approached to set up plant in Kochi. All of them carried out site inspection too. What is new is that Nissan is still hopeful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitecton
Hope the fate of Kerala cities with infrastructure facilities would change by this venture..
The company is registered in KOchi..hope it would give atleast something for the city infrastructure...
read this ..Formation of InKel..
http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_f...tent_id=157698
Kenny

The company is meant to create industrial infrastructure. The first project drawn up is a 500 acre
Electronics SEZ near Chottanikkara. This is important since recently there are many companies
that have approached for land in Kochi.(BPL had appoached govt
for land to set up a mobile manufacturing plant in Kochi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhasidali
Bhasid

This has been posted in part I. Do you have any info on Unitech SEZ at Kunnathunadu. Is the location
known exactly ?

Last edited by ReNik; Mar 14, 2007 at 10:42 AM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 12:29 PM
BANNED

The 18 storeyed Olive Heights, Kadavantra launched a year ago

looks better when completed

vlotoshnikov gallery

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 12:56 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodusnair View Post
JB Group’s Rs 1,500-cr IT project for Kochi

JB group's proposal is really mouthwatering.

The naysayers of smart city have been proved wrong.
Pramod, KMC

I heard the press conference of JB-Infiniti-ReGenesis consortium

They said 100,000 jobs directly and indirectly in 3 years. Also their plan is on 100 acres of land with 7 million built up space. There are pros and cons to this. The pros are that it takes less space and time. The IT built up space proposed will generate more than
60000 IT jobs.

Cons are as elaborated by KMC. They don't have the tag that TECOM has. Secondly
TECOM has a stronger clientele to rely on.
On other aspect I see is that DIC can also do things at a faster pace.

In the press conference, JB consortium pointed out that the demand-supply mismatch is
going to shoot thru roof in Kochi. So they are confident of generating the stated number
of jobs. These guys who have done market study has understood the boom that is awaiting Cochin.

Finally all these various proposals and hectic parleys have exhibited one thing, vividly - Cochin is the next
IT Metropolis of the South.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 2:20 PM

In the past year, a lot of land had been purchased by unknown people around the suburbs, extending from Vaikom to Perumbavoor to Angamaly. The general line of thinking was it was Terrorism/fake currency related.

It seems now that it was in fact by the big players. One of such areas is near Udayamperoor. Wouldn't be surprised if a mega project comes up there.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 5:13 PM

Unitech's sez is in Village Kunnathunadu, Taluk Morkala Desam, Ernakulam, Kerala as per this govt site.The sez is on 27 acres of land and has been approved by the central govt.

http://sezindia.nic.in/Updated-state...-Formal%20.pdf

Sez status has been accorded to smart city project which spans over a 1000 acres,parsvnath-77acres,TCG-25scres,port trust,CPT(vallarpadam,puthuvypeen) sez-1000acres,Infopark-100acres,KINFRA-electronics-32acres,Sutherland-25 acres etc.

A report from from realty consultancy firm chesterton meghraj on major ITES/IT hubs in India.
http://www.chestertonmeghraj.com/dow...20Snapshot.pdf

http://skyscrapercochin.blogspot.com/

Last edited by pramodusnair; Mar 14, 2007 at 6:23 PM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 10:16 PM

Maharajas college ground. Synthetic track work in progress...

Old Posted Mar 15, 2007, 3:29 AM

Morakkala is between karimugal and kizhakkambalam, around 10km east of kakkanad.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > India