HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 1:49 AM
The Vomit Bag.

God forbid that carpetbagging, fugly, kentucky-bucket of a face Thug Ford ever becomes Premier or Prime Minister. I will fucking move.
The opposite of political correctness is not unvarnished truth-telling. It is political expression that is careless toward the beliefs and attitudes different than one’s own. In its more extreme fashion, it is incivility, indecency or vulgarity. These are the true alternatives to political correctness. l

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 2:14 AM

Here's lots of ugliness. It was from when Rob Ford was mayor but shows Doug Ford's house and address. Folks, he's just a regular guy like you and me.... with a home valued at 1.7 million dollars in 2014.

A tour of Ford country:
https://torontolife.com/city/a-tour-of-ford-country/

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 2:29 AM

Urban hicks.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 3:34 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
Here's lots of ugliness. It was from when Rob Ford was mayor but shows Doug Ford's house and address. Folks, he's just a regular guy like you and me.... with a home valued at 1.7 million dollars in 2014.

A tour of Ford country:
Diane Ford and Randy live in an ugly mansard house. How suiting.

https://clockzillakingoflaval.tumblr.com

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 3:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post

A tour of Ford country:
Every house in Toronto is over a million lol. Was this the case in 2014? I'll grant you that it is a nice house though...

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 12:30 PM
The Vomit Bag.

thanks for sharing that. what is a million lol? (a million laughs?). I think the house is fugly.
The opposite of political correctness is not unvarnished truth-telling. It is political expression that is careless toward the beliefs and attitudes different than one’s own. In its more extreme fashion, it is incivility, indecency or vulgarity. These are the true alternatives to political correctness. l

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 1:46 PM

It's old but relevant to today.

Video Link

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 4:52 PM
The Vomit Bag.

the turd was at Western yesterday. Glad I missed him. The former Hash-dealer held court at the student-run on-campus restaurant. Thug is unlikely to muster much support from students, and faculty universally revile him.
https://www.westerngazette.ca/news/d...9841baf23.html

Quote:
“This isn’t about a leadership race, and this isn’t about an election,” Ford said at his London pep rally. “This is about a movement.”
Ah, the old Ford Nation garbage all over again. what a narcissistic asshole.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 5:02 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Google did right capturing the four Fords in front of the most hideous house.
I was expecting a Prius, a Nissan Leaf, maybe a scooter and a old Citroen 2CV on Doug Ford's driveway.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 6:11 PM
Pro Trivia Player

I always thought the Ford family were GM people. Ironically...

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 7:24 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

There's a CBC story today from Edmonton about someone fed up with having a house near them rented as an airbnb.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ness-1.4591141

A legitimate complaint but that isn't what caught my eye.

What caught my eye is this:

What is it with people who think they can control who parks on the street near their house? People who do this deserve to have people parking cars in front of their home out of spite.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 7:33 PM
Pro Trivia Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post

What is it with people who think they can control who parks on the street near their house? People who do this deserve to have people parking cars in front of their home out of spite.
I am of two minds on this.

On the one hand, if you have neighbours who always park in front of your house and never in front of theirs. Or even better - in their own driveway if they have one. Then that's annoying. Not a big deal but it can be annoying.

On the other hand, some people will get upset if someone unknown to them randomly parks in front of their house just once. That's ignorant.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 7:40 PM
Khan

Trying to settle an argument from the skyline thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
You also think the Icon towers are beautiful ������
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
1 side is.

My vote: all sides are ugly.
With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bended arm for a pillow - I have still joy in the midst of these things. Riches and honors acquired by unrighteousness are to me as a floating cloud.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 7:41 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

FWIW I don't mind Icon. One side is OK, the other side is homely but in that cool Hong Kongy high density kind of way.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 7:45 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I am of two minds on this.

On the one hand, if you have neighbours who always park in front of your house and never in front of theirs. Or even better - in their own driveway if they have one. Then that's annoying. Not a big deal but it can be annoying.

On the other hand, some people will get upset if someone unknown to them randomly parks in front of their house just once. That's ignorant.
I dunno, I used to have an across the street neighbour who parked in front of my house every day (parking was on my side of the street). It didn't bother me any. I don't see why anyone would get excited about that. My current home is on the side of the street without parking, but people who work in the area routinely park on my street. I do not care one whit and I don't see why anyone would.

On the second point, a former neighbour once left a nasty note on the windshield of a guest of mine a who parked in front of their little snow clearing. As though that entitled them to their own personal no parking zone. I never found out which neighbour did it and it's a good thing too, because I would have started parking in front of their little snow path out of spite

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 7:57 PM
Pro Trivia Player

Quote:
I dunno, I used to have an across the street neighbour who parked in front of my house every day (parking was on my side of the street). It didn't bother me any. I don't see why anyone would get excited about that. My current home is on the side of the street without parking, but people who work in the area routinely park on my street. I do not care one whit and I don't see why anyone would.

On the second point, a former neighbour once left a nasty note on the windshield of a guest of mine a who parked in front of their little snow clearing. As though that entitled them to their own personal no parking zone. I never found out which neighbour did it and it's a good thing too, because I would have started parking in front of their little snow path out of spite
I have a neighbour who has an older sports car that he always parks in the street, likely because it leaks oil. He never parks in front of my house because it's a bit too far away. His car got hit and damaged this winter when a motorist slipped on some ice and ran into it. He got it repaired (likely for a lot of $$$) and geez as soon as he got it back he started parking on the street again. Right near a curve as well so asking to get hit again. Oh well.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 7:57 PM
Pro Trivia Player

Quote:
FWIW I don't mind Icon. One side is OK, the other side is homely but in that cool Hong Kongy high density kind of way.
Same here. Beautiful is a stretch but it looks fine to me.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 7:59 PM

Yup, not ugly in my books either.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 8:34 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesonov View Post
Trying to settle an argument from the skyline thread:

My vote: all sides are ugly.
They are just so Edmonton so it's unfair to call them ugly.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada