HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

View Poll Results: Which skyline do you see changing most within the next decade?
Austin 51 82.26%
Charlotte 2 3.23%
Nashville 9 14.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 10:42 PM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

One of these decades, it's going to be SF or Seattle (when the big one comes).

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain man View Post
Denver may not have had the largest skyline altering change out of any of these cities but I must say, out of all these cities, including Austin.... Denver may very well have had the largest urban impact out of any of these cities. Crazy amount of infill and low/mid rise buildings going up at an incredible rate
I moved to Denver 13 years ago and agree. I've never lived anywhere that changed so fast. The urban infill has been insane!

For skyline, I agree with Austin. I lived in San Antonio in the early 90s and used to go up there and it seemed like a smaller city than SA. Not now... Austin has a serious skyline now.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
One of these decades, it's going to be SF or Seattle (when the big one comes).
lol! I go to SF a couple times per year for work and stay downtown. The changes have been amazing and it's seeming more like a "little Manhattan" these days. But when I walk past the Millennium Tower, I do step lively. I don't know how people still sleep in that building. Once good shaker and down she comes... maybe onto Salesforce?

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 10:13 PM
Never Dell

Seattle has a good case for biggest improvement in the 2010-2020 decade. We've added or are currently building eight towers in the 500-850' range (mostly at the low end), and 29 that are 420' or taller. The 30,000 new housing units within walking distance of the CBD are one of the largest increases, and the 15 msf of offices is the sum total of some major downtowns.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 4:18 PM
Monomania w/ Skyscrapers

I like the vibe I'm hearing about Nashville, a lot of friends report back how vibrant of a city it has become. The Nashville Skyline certainly has grown and looks like it's best years are ahead. Looking forward to visiting soon.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 4:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by COtoOC View Post
lol! I go to SF a couple times per year for work and stay downtown. The changes have been amazing and it's seeming more like a "little Manhattan" these days. But when I walk past the Millennium Tower, I do step lively. I don't know how people still sleep in that building. Once good shaker and down she comes... maybe onto Salesforce?
I was watching a video on Millennium yesterday. It continues to sink and lean farther each month that goes by. Maybe it'll stabilize[?], but if not, the city might want to come up with a plan to deconstruct that tower. It's hard to believe that this could happen in a city like S.F. in today's world.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions