HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The SoBro in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Nashville Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted May 5, 2012, 10:57 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

^I think the latest word is that Tony G. is trying to start construction by the end of the year. At the moment, this project has the most potential out of the three that he's proposed. There is a high market downtown for rental units, and banks are much more willing to invest in rental units rather than condos.

Old Posted May 7, 2012, 10:30 PM

Even though the supposed May start day is unlikely, I'd say the chances of this project rising up are climbing higher. The urban core market is white hot and there are relatively few units left on the market in both apartments and condos. These two conditions, in addition to the continued rising interest and desire for core living, are likely to push this forward as well as other projects that have and have not been announced.

Old Posted May 7, 2012, 11:30 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

^I agree, and like we all know, residential, especially rentals is Tony G's specialty. The new ground breaking is December of this year, but if Tony G can get the appropriate funding, look for construction to begin sooner.

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 9:48 PM

Why did the date get pushed back on this? I was looking forward to this project asap.

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 6:33 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim24tn View Post
Why did the date get pushed back on this? I was looking forward to this project asap.
May was just the initial proposal date, and like most projects, it will start later than initially proposed. Look for a October/ November date as the official ground breaking. The rental market is too hot for the project not to get going.

Old Posted May 21, 2012, 1:22 AM

This project really does have the capability of changing the urban living game for Nashville. If this goes through and starts rising you best guaran-damn-tee you'll see more high-rise apartment and condominium proposals hit the scene again. The SoBro really does have the chance to set a bar because there are no all apartment high-rises in Nashville of this scale and for a city of 605,000 it's a shame. I'm 100% for this and I'm 85% confident it'll break ground before the year ends.

Old Posted May 21, 2012, 3:35 AM

I'm sure this building will rise and I'm thankful for that as a Nashvillian,but I'm sure no other projects will spawn in the near future because,well it's Nashville.

Old Posted May 21, 2012, 4:05 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkDominates View Post
I'm sure this building will rise and I'm thankful for that as a Nashvillian,but I'm sure no other projects will spawn in the near future because,well it's Nashville.
If they include a large amount of rental units, they will. Downtown and the Gulch are extremely underdeveloped when it comes to rental units, and hotel rooms for that matter. There will eventually be another hotel proposed downtown (other than the Hyatt and Tony G's) in the near future, as well as new office space.

Old Posted May 21, 2012, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkDominates View Post
Well, you're wrong. The urban core market has been sitting at over 90% occupancy for multiple years on end and continues to rise, as well as rising rental rates. Another project of about 20-25 floors is proposed in the Gulch and could break ground before the end of the year as well. Like I said, this is a new level for Nashville so many are likely waiting to see how it goes before they jump in.

Also, saying "well it's Nashville" is very asinine and stupid really.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2012, 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen12120 View Post
Anyone sure of the exact start date? from what ive heard its May 2012, and its currently may but still no news?
A newer design is out and schematic budgeting is currently going on... Same height and general design. Hate it for the folks of the Encore, soon to be sandwiched by 2 hotels and this 35 floor building...

Old Posted Jul 10, 2012, 3:29 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammodm View Post
A newer design is out and schematic budgeting is currently going on... Same height and general design. Hate it for the folks of the Encore, soon to be sandwiched by 2 hotels and this 35 floor building...
They'll lost their views, but the neighborhood should be pretty awesome at street level in about 2-3 years, and some nice density.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2012, 3:01 PM

This will help my feelings while I'm waiting on 505 CST to materialize.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2012, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Yeah, of course the west units would've lost it had Encore 2 been built anyways.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2012, 3:16 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

We'll have a solid number of cranes in SoBro here pretty soon. The 4 from the Omni, and then the cranes that will be used at the Hyatt, Hilton, and hopefully soon the SoBro.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2012, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
We'll have a solid number of cranes in SoBro here pretty soon. The 4 from the Omni, and then the cranes that will be used at the Hyatt, Hilton, and hopefully soon the SoBro.
Absolutely... I moved back about 1.5 years ago from Atlanta. And it is pretty amazing to see more tower cranes here than in Atlanta...

Its fun because I live in SOBRO and can watch all this construction from my patio with a cold one!

Old Posted Jul 10, 2012, 7:48 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Absolutely... I moved back about 1.5 years ago from Atlanta. And it is pretty amazing to see more tower cranes here than in Atlanta...

Its fun because I live in SOBRO and can watch all this construction from my patio with a cold one!
That's badass. Can you take a few construction updates and photo of your view, if you don't mind?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2012, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
That's badass. Can you take a few construction updates and photo of your view, if you don't mind?
I will see what I can do, i can take photos of MCC, OMNI, and Hyatt

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 9:50 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Old and new SoBro design. I think the redesign of this is a strong message that this will become a reality. The firm was also changed from Solomon Cordwell & Buen to Loewenberg Architects. The article mentions that the new floor count is 33.

Link:
http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postb...ets_new_design

Old Posted Aug 2, 2012, 1:26 AM

It's a looker!

Old Posted Aug 2, 2012, 1:54 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

^It is, I liked the old design, especially the base, but this new design has a lot of potential...it gets away from the boring box skyscraper that we are used to in Nashville, although the old design wasn't as boring as some of the past towers. I'm looking forward to seeing more renderings.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive