HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 7:02 PM
ColoRADo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidaho View Post
You want me to jump in and tell you something that you already know... Okay

1. Four losses to Colorado State since 2000 is embarrassing for a PAC 12 team, especially when your too good to play a road game against them.

2. The 2008 #1 running back recruit in the nation has four more touchdowns in five games with South Florida than he did in two full seasons with the Buffaloes.

3. The Vegas Line on a Colorado/Boise State game this season would be over 30 points.

4. Boise State would cover the spread.
Scott was lazy. Came into camp about 20 lbs over. Never reached his potential and got outplayed by Rodney Stewart (Rivals - 2 star).

But all your other points are correct!

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 7:13 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Number 1 is also a bit off. Playing that game at Mile High is CSU's idea. When we moved out game back to Folsom for a bit, it was their choice to keep their home game in Denver. Mostly because they can't get fans to drive to Fort Collins for games. Has nothing to do with CU.

I'll add, they put a whopping 17,000 people in the stands this year. That's not CU's fault either. But they are your league mates, so I understand your defending them.

Even if what you said was accurate - yes, we are too good to play on a high school field like the Lamb's home turf.

But we do suck, I'll grant you that. An elite school, if not elite on the football field. And if you want to maintain that, you don't start playing down because you've had a few tough years.

Nobody ever responded to my question the other day about what happens when Boise hits a slump. I imagine you don't want to think about it, because when it happens, you'll quickly revert to junior-college-in-flyover-country status. I envision an organic version of what happened to SMU, with fewer prospects for recovery.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 7:14 PM

I understand UC alums frustration with Scott. (My father-in-law / engineering degree / sometime in the 60's)

I still don't see how your frustration makes the statement false. Just sayin'.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
How are we ever going to cultivate the necessary hatred for our rivalry if you guys won't acknowledge Colorado's atrociousness?
Well, I was going to ferociously trash your entire bankrupt athletic department, but held back because we have some thin-skinned forumers on here and I didn't want to offend you.

Now that I know...

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 8:13 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseven View Post
Well, I was going to ferociously trash your entire bankrupt athletic department, but held back because we have some thin-skinned forumers on here and I didn't want to offend you.

Now that I know...
It's on, Utah!

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 8:26 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Nobody ever responded to my question the other day about what happens when Boise hits a slump. I imagine you don't want to think about it, because when it happens, you'll quickly revert to junior-college-in-flyover-country status. I envision an organic version of what happened to SMU, with fewer prospects for recovery.
I'd invite you to find a prolonged period of time at any point in our history where we weren't doing very well against the competition we've faced. Our success has long predated Chris Petersen, Dan Hawkins, Houston Nutt, Dirk Koetter, and Pokey Allen. What's made our university thrive is its ability to grow and adapt to tougher levels of competition. Chris Petersen isn't leaving anytime soon, and I have not a shred of doubt in saying that. Even if he did, we have so much depth in our coaching, and so many suitable replacements that we'll still be well off. There's plenty of evidence out there that will explain why but I see you don't have any interest in facts and I have a lot better ways to spend my time than talking to clueless, bitter people who clearly share a willfully blind hatred for us.

I really hope your attitude isn't representative of the majority of CU's fanbase. If so, it's easily the most bitter, least respectful fanbase I've ever encountered, and that's saying a lot. I may not agree with your views but I've at least tried to be respectful. Oh well.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 8:51 PM

Boise State has, and for whatever reason, been a coaching factory. Fine with me, I am not complaining one bit.

As far as leveling out towards mediocrity, well, we will see next year when Kellen Moore graduates. It has me nervous.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 9:13 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
I really hope your attitude isn't representative of the majority of CU's fanbase. If so, it's easily the most bitter, least respectful fanbase I've ever encountered, and that's saying a lot. I may not agree with your views but I've at least tried to be respectful. Oh well.
My attitude isn't even representative of my own views. CU fan base bitter? Hardly. Indifferent, for the most part, is more like it. It's just so easy to get you guys (Boise fans in general) riled up - even over little things that aren't necessarily meant to be provocative (like my original post, which was entirely BSU-neutral) - and you guys go so overboard when you do go on a rant... it's pure entertainment value for big school fans. Tell me your parents didn't prod and poke you harder and rub it in every time you said something along the lines of "that's not fair" when you were little. I know mine did. Life isn't fair!

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 9:51 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Quote:
2. The 2008 #1 running back recruit in the nation has four more touchdowns in five games with South Florida than he did in two full seasons with the Buffaloes.
Hahaha. High school superstar sucks it up playing against good competition, transfers to a lesser league, and finds himself a star again? I'd say Darrell Scott's failure at Colorado has more to do with Darrell Scott not being tough enough to play against top level defenses than anything else... Not that Division II Danny wasn't capable of wasting talent.

As for Boise, I'm not so sure you want to be in a BCS conference. That inevitable day when the football program goes through a bad run will come much much sooner playing against real competition, and the bad run will be a lot worse. Look at Utah in the Pac - they're not cutting it.

When you're a little school in a little market without a huge built-in fan base, you are going to have to rely on winning a lot of games to stay popular. If Boise spent 5 seasons losing half its games to Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech, I'm not sure it has enough other resources to recover.

Even Texas, Ohio State, and Florida have down years. What has happened to Colorado in the last 5 years will happen to Boise as well sooner or later.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 10:30 PM

Tell me if I understand the argument at hand, before I wade any further.

* Colorado forumers: We are down now, but Boise will be down sometime in the future.

* Boise forumers: No worries, we have never been down in the history of our program.

* Colorado forumers: No, we underlined the word will so it is fact, and we are smarter than you because we went to school in Boulder.

* Boise forumers: We are growing both as a city and as a university and will compete in the years to come.

* Colorado forumers: This is big time football and you will be judged by your assets and bloodlines. Meritocracy is so 1950's.

* Utah forumers: [Let's stay out of this because Boise owns our asses.]

Am I keeping up?

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 10:44 PM
Exurb Enjoyer

Quote:

* Utah forumers: [Let's stay out of this because Boise owns our asses.]

Am I keeping up?
I'll sum up our Utah position:

When you get your academics up to snuff we'll endorse your membership at the big kids table.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 10:52 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
* Boise forumers: No worries, we have never been down in the history of our program.
* Boise forumers: Our football program will never lose, because we never have. We are invincible.

Video Link

* Colorado, Utah, all other Homo Sapiens forumers: Scratching our heads. Envious that we haven't yet discovered the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:

* Colorado forumers: No, we underlined the word will so it is fact, and we are smarter than you because we went to school in Boulder.
No, it's not a fact because we underlined it. It's a fact because the history of college football proves it, and only someone who is ignorant of history would deny it.

Congratulations for proving that Boise State products are ignorant of history. What was that about being academically unworthy?

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 11:04 PM

PS: Dear Utah fans, this is how hatreds are made. Step up!

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 11:38 PM

Its hard to gain any hatred for a school that you can only score 3 points on.

Quote:
It's a fact because the history of college football proves it
I didn't say I agreed with that line of thought. My experience as a Boise State fan/alum goes back long enough to experience plenty of painful Saturdays. Your responses were great though. Bunt_q, your "pure entertainment for big school fans" has a flip side.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post
I'll sum up our Utah position:

When you get your academics up to snuff we'll endorse your membership at the big kids table.
What? Now Utah is too good for something in Idaho. Just call me bunt_q from now on, because I am shocked and appalled at this new revelation.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 11:46 PM

So when do we talk football on this thread?

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 11:55 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Bunt_q, your "pure entertainment for big school fans" has a flip side.
Does it? When small school pressure finally forces the big schools to capitulate into some sort of all-inclusive candyland playoff system, I'll buy that. In the meantime, I'm sure I'm not the only one who, on occasion, finds the incessant whining to be a tad bit comical.

Utah's at Pitt this weekend? That should be a good game. Rivalry or not, I can't cheer for Pitt. The evil future-sister-in-law is a Pitt grad. Not much trumps that level of dislike. Nebraska vs. Pitt, I think I'd just hope for a meteor strike. Utah... eh, can't bring myself to wish for your annihilation just yet.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2011, 12:15 AM
Exurb Enjoyer

Quote:
What? Now Utah is too good for something in Idaho. Just call me bunt_q from now on, because I am shocked and appalled at this new revelation.
You say that now, but wait until you catch on fire and have to be life-flighted to Utah because we have a state of the art burn unit at the UofU. There are quite a few things that Idaho is still lacking that us Utes are more than willing to help with until you finally get up to speed. We'll be there to take care of you until you are strong enough to fly out of the nest on your own.

Quote:
So when do we talk football on this thread?

We mostly talk in depth about football during a football game or right after.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
* Boise forumers: Our football program will never lose, because we never have. We are invincible.

* Colorado, Utah, all other Homo Sapiens forumers: Scratching our heads. Envious that we haven't yet discovered the answer to life, the universe, and everything.
We have the answer of 42. It is the question that is we are searching for.

Sorry, had to pop in to provide the answer...now to back out.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West