HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa

Old Posted Dec 5, 2007, 7:09 AM

Ok regarding the rendering's, forget them i keep saying that.....because it had nothing to do with Emaar and Tameer, and my colleague, works in the office right across from me...he came in and showed it to me online...the rendering i posted..I may have assumed that these were some of the new concepts though I am being honest..i do agree that they looked very unreal they were posted off a video...did u even watch it?

The other projects I saw were entirely different..they were some plans, and my colleague works for a Libyan architecture company (http://www.libyanarchitects.com/LSA) that currently has dealings with Emaar and Tameer...I thought the above project could become one of them as everyone knows there's alot of talk of projects...so anytime anything is released..for us in the office it was like..wait could this be it...

anyhow, i guess i will remove the old render..and i apologize, i'll post something next time, and everyone will be

Old Posted Dec 5, 2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance View Post
Have we really sunk so far as to parody a parody of architecture and urbanity?
I'm afraid so.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2007, 1:08 PM

You know I would like to say something.

Firstly, Libya is run by an Islamic Dictatorship/Authoritarian regime, that have no regard for human rights.

Secondly, it's a shame they measure wealth by how much carbon fuel is under their feet instead of how well-off its citizens are.

Thirdly, they are adopting a strategy to fill up a demand that doesn't even exist.

It would be nice to see these three things the other way around. Hell, they are gonna have to do LOTS of promoting to even get tourists just to go there and spend their money. They are probably just doing whatever they want instead of listening to what the people want. So what if they have oil; if they have and had so much of it, and can make so much money from it or already have, why haven't they done anything to improve the country sooner?

This is just another classic example of a dictator who wants everything for himself to fuel his delusions of grandeur, like hitler.

Last edited by Imperar; Dec 5, 2007 at 1:29 PM.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2007, 7:59 PM
Mr.Boisean

Yeah right. I call BS.

libyaconnected, your posts smack of a kid with too much time on his hands, trying to stir the proverbial pot.

Did anybody else watch that video before he removed the link? I did. Whoever made that video didnt even understand english. And... the captions we all in CAPS. Makes me think that you, libyaconnected, made that video.

I see animated site proposals of that nature all the time. Thats not something that any design firm would even consider a working draft. And neither are those sketch-ups.

You go on the defensive, then backpeddle, then go back on the defensive, then backpeddle again... you're obviously full of it.

/thread.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 12:11 AM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boisean View Post
Yeah right. I call BS.

libyaconnected, your posts smack of a kid with too much time on his hands, trying to stir the proverbial pot.

Did anybody else watch that video before he removed the link? I did. Whoever made that video didnt even understand english. And... the captions we all in CAPS. Makes me think that you, libyaconnected, made that video.

I see animated site proposals of that nature all the time. Thats not something that any design firm would even consider a working draft. And neither are those sketch-ups.

You go on the defensive, then backpeddle, then go back on the defensive, then backpeddle again... you're obviously full of it.

/thread.
Well said, I agree.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 12:18 AM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by libyaconnected View Post
The other projects I saw were entirely different..they were some plans, and my colleague works for a Libyan architecture company (http://www.libyanarchitects.com/LSA)
You do realize that this a website for an architectural soceity, not an architectural firm. The website you posted is like one big newsletter and information hub. Not a firm. And if it were an actual firm, than the website would be .org (being that it's an organization), not .com.

Who is your colleague? Barney Rubble?

Old Posted Dec 9, 2007, 4:19 AM
Urban Advocate

Here is a better link for something that actual is planned for Libya.
http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/12/08/...tainable-plan/
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Dec 9, 2007, 7:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onishenko View Post
Here is a better link for something that actual is planned for Libya.
http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/12/08/...tainable-plan/
Yea that is an excellent project at least from an environmental perspective

Old Posted Dec 9, 2007, 4:58 PM
Urban Advocate

Quote:
...If the project ever gets off the ground - and there’s no guarantee that it will - it will take certain measures to protect development along the coastline. For instance, instead of building right on the coastline and wrecking the natural habitat, developments will be pushed farther back. Also, any town planning will tightly minimize automobile use and urban sprawl, and zones of forest and agriculture will be spread around to create buffer zones.

There are, of course, contradictions. The first projects are already being planned, and they are, naturally, extremely exclusive hotels. Aside from the pros and cons of tourism, there is no airport as of yet or the infrastructure to support such activity. Still, in many ways, they are ambitious plans
So it does deal with development, not just environmental protection. I guess I jumped over the part about 'if this project ever gets off the ground'...

But there you go.
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 5:48 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
Who is your colleague? Barney Rubble?
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa