HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZebra View Post
Is Shoppers going to close?

I will be thru downtown today. Will have a looksee.
I thought I had heard that it was actually expanding into the old restaurant next door.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 3:04 PM

Wonder if they're planning on expanding the grocery section at that location..

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 4:18 AM

Will be curious to see if they go ahead with those lights. Look good at night, but they look pretty sh*tty and cheap during the day. You can see the joint between all the bars - just looks like a bunch of flourescent lights lined up beside each other. Must be why they're testing just a small bit. You can actually see they're not wired in - there's wires strung across 30 ft of windows going inside.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt18325 View Post
They've been working for a few months now. The prep work just isn't that exciting lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
I haven't been in Winnipeg Square in months, but someone here mentioned that they're re-routing duct work, plumbing, and other things before they "break open" the shell.
As per the quote above... lots of unsexy work has been happening, hopefully, if tenders closed recently, they can move ahead soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
If this tower goes up, it will be fantastic. Does the project management company ahve a website or social media related to 300 Main?
http://300main.ca/

Nothing we haven't seen yet, but I think we'll only see something construction/progress related when it's moving up. It would be ignorant to not use all media platforms to generate excitement for this project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geebrr View Post
I thought I had heard that it was actually expanding into the old restaurant next door.
I think that's the intention
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Wonder if they're planning on expanding the grocery section at that location..
If they do, it would be a good plan B if the grocer doesn't come... so taht would include some heartbreak. That said, many Shopper's have grocery sections despite sharing property with grocers.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 3:56 PM

^Interesting that on the website it still says "has the potential to reach 40 stories" ... have they still not decided this and finished design?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 4:00 PM
What could go wrong?

^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
....oh and just for accuracy sake, 300 Main is listed as 42 storeys in the official documents.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 9:14 PM

Quote:
^Interesting that on the website it still says "has the potential to reach 40 stories" ... have they still not decided this and finished design?
Lazyness. It's basically the promotional video they've used since forever. I'm guessing they don't want to go through any major changes on the site until the thing is moving skyward.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
Lazyness. It's basically the promotional video they've used since forever. I'm guessing they don't want to go through any major changes on the site until the thing is moving skyward.
Ahh... thanks. And fair, but it's very easy to edit that one line of text that is boldly highlighted on your website lol.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Ahh... thanks. And fair, but it's very easy to edit that one line of text that is boldly highlighted on your website lol.
I would agree. Hopefully when skyward construction official starts, we'll see a complete media approach for this project. I'm chomping at the bit.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 4:02 PM

Artis seems to be pretty good with their PR, so I assume it'll be TNS-like. They need to make sure they get residents too, haha.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan